PDA

View Full Version : Magic the Gathering CCG?

tzeonn
17-08-2004, 04:40 PM
anyone plays magic here? 8-)

reficul_x
31-08-2004, 07:44 AM
used to be a magic freak when beta just launched (i was in primary school then). then stopped at 4th ed, then start again at ice age, stopped at vision, finally start again at apocalyse finally stopped at .... shit, what was the expansion...oh, yes, torment...

Well the most exciting part of the magic the gathering is when I came in 2nd in the Magic the gathering official competition way in ...i think... 1995 or 1996...

it was cash prize of 2k and a few booster boxes of 4th eds.

Well the most expensive card i ever owned was a beta mox pearl... I have left the card as a bookmark in my novel!!!! I was in primary 6 then...heheh... Then after in about sec 2, i sold it off for about S$30. fuck, if i have known, i wouldnt sell it and can sell it for around US$300++ now. well, those were the times.

The best set i have was The Legends, which i finally sold it off for around S$2000. sad but i was broke at that time. i recently, (beg of this year) sold off my last set of The Dark expansion which went off for around S$70 to an army friend.

Well, I feel that though i have quit magic, it was really the best game ever made. It made me and gave me sleepless nights for soooo long just to create killer decks, forming sideboards to counter everything, etc...

So enuff said, how about you tzeonn?

gophermaster
31-08-2004, 08:29 AM
What... The... Hell...

tzeonn
31-08-2004, 10:25 AM
been trashing tournament decks with my decks. (i can kill u within 4 turns with a deck with no rares or uncommons ;) )

im no longer playing, but making academy deck to keep.

started from revised, till onslaught. the new design sucked!

ps. reficul any cards dun wan to give me :grin:

reficul_x
01-09-2004, 03:09 AM
What... The... Hell...

wats up doc? .... :-)

reficul_x
01-09-2004, 03:17 AM
been trashing tournament decks with my decks. (i can kill u within 4 turns with a deck with no rares or uncommons ;) )

im no longer playing, but making academy deck to keep.

started from revised, till onslaught. the new design sucked!

ps. reficul any cards dun wan to give me :grin:

Wow... 4 turns with no rares and uncommon? seems like im lagging at magic for a very long time... well, the newer cards i really like is masticore and the newer version my brother showed me. its a super over-powered card.

The fav color i loved and never failed to used is blue. though i know blue kena de-powered now. its so fun with a permission deck! hahaha. those were the days.

and yes, the new design SUCKS BIG TIME!!!! i really love design from arabian nights, legends, homelands, etc. They are really nice artpieces in a card. i shouldn't have sold my legends set and my the dark set. its really a great pity. Btw, do you know the price of lotus now? ITS A FREAKING US$1,800 now!!!! should have bought it when its so commonly available at S$250-300 at those days!!!

hiaz, forget it, i'm into collecting vintage watches now, like omega, etc. I am awing and drooling over the mechanism that make these babies runs with their hundreds of mini gears to keep them running in a small case on your wrist. anyone with me? any collectors out there?

Well, tzeonn, i have practically sold every card and what i have left is my cheap nomad deck (i created it...) i think from odyssey period... so sorry...hehehe....

gophermaster
01-09-2004, 09:35 AM
wats up doc? .... :-)
I guess you know a fair amount about this stuff; I'm completely oblivious about this stuff on the other hand.

reficul_x
02-09-2004, 08:19 AM
I guess you know a fair amount about this stuff; I'm completely oblivious about this stuff on the other hand.

of cos! you will definitely want to know ALL the things you wanna know if you love to do something! like now, I'm learning alot on watches, vintage watches, etc... :grin: