PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking C550 - why not free?

Orionn
23-08-2004, 08:25 AM
I'm thinking of venturing into the world of Motorola phones, after messing around (successfully) with software on a few different Nokia phones a while back.

I want to get a C550, because it's basically the cheapest camera phone around. But it seems that there is no free software to generate an unlock code.

Why have no coders released such software, and the only ones who seem to have it are websites charging anywhere between 3 and 10 pounds? Also, I have trouble trusting those websites, especially since I'm all the way away in Australia.

Has the whole mobile phone "scene" gotten greedy, or is it just the Motorola section?

Alinus
23-08-2004, 09:36 AM
buddy...problem is simple:
a developer invests money in phones & expensive tools in order to make unlock equipment for those phones.

so is normal to charge for his work.
free is not the rule un gsmunlocking. free is the exception

DMD
23-08-2004, 05:44 PM
@ Orionn

Why should it be free there's enough free stuff spend some cash after all you will more than likely be charging for the unlock so why should u make money on free stuff??

WBR D. :D

Orionn
24-08-2004, 01:32 AM
@ Orionn

Why should it be free there's enough free stuff spend some cash after all you will more than likely be charging for the unlock so why should u make money on free stuff??

WBR D. :D

I certainly won't be making money off it if I get it. I just want to unlock a phone for myself, and one for my gf.

If it ain't free, it ain't free, I'm not bitching about people protecting their property. But what happened to the "scene" a while back? Are the Nokia phone "hackers" still keeping their stuff free? Is it only the Motorola hackers wanting money for it?

There are millions of hackers on the web hacking all sorts of software and hardware. It just seems strange to me that there are so many people with the ability to unlock a Motorola phone, and every one of them wants their piece of the pie. Surely someone would have leaked the software somewhere.

DMD
24-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Hi Orionn

You have to understand that most of the markets are F@CKED there is free software for most handsets but not motorola the guys who buy legit software spend loads of $$$$ and need to recover there cash your best bet is to take it to a shop and pay them

wbr D. :grin:

Alinus
24-08-2004, 04:18 PM
I certainly won't be making money off it if I get it. I just want to unlock a phone for myself, and one for my gf.

If it ain't free, it ain't free, I'm not bitching about people protecting their property. But what happened to the "scene" a while back? Are the Nokia phone "hackers" still keeping their stuff free? Is it only the Motorola hackers wanting money for it?

There are millions of hackers on the web hacking all sorts of software and hardware. It just seems strange to me that there are so many people with the ability to unlock a Motorola phone, and every one of them wants their piece of the pie. Surely someone would have leaked the software somewhere.

no. nokia hackers won;t keep theior work for free...they protect it bad lol