PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking problems with 3100

ploben
23-08-2004, 10:55 PM
I have a 3100, in the US, with Cingular service. Tryed the 1 code and the 7 code with asic 2 from your code generator with the model 3200. No dice. Is there any known problems with what I have told you that you have seen in the past? I am down to my last code entry before hard locked. I have entered 4 codes. Please help, in need!

Thank you in advance

revengineer
28-08-2004, 03:28 AM
ploben,
are you sure the phone is locked? I too just got a 3100 with cingular and I am still trying to gather information. Here is what I heard/read:
1) I read in one forum that cingulars world phones, such as 3100, are unlocked by default. I know that this is true for the Motorola V400 because the salesman at the cingular shop told me so and it is confirmed in many message boards.
2) I read everywhere to use 31017 as the network code for cingular. However, I just tried the Oxygen phone manager and it reads out of my phone that the last two digits should be 41, thus making it 31041. Which one should I use? Cingular has different markets in the US. I live on the East coast.

Have you tried another SIM card? I am looking into purchasing a prepaid card from Europe, which I wanted to to anyway.

Cheers,
revengineer

Seanos
31-08-2004, 04:52 PM
mine wouldnt unlock with the gen either, using the 3200 settings

gsm community
05-09-2004, 11:26 AM
ploben,
are you sure the phone is locked? I too just got a 3100 with cingular and I am still trying to gather information. Here is what I heard/read:
1) I read in one forum that cingulars world phones, such as 3100, are unlocked by default. I know that this is true for the Motorola V400 because the salesman at the cingular shop told me so and it is confirmed in many message boards.
2) I read everywhere to use 31017 as the network code for cingular. However, I just tried the Oxygen phone manager and it reads out of my phone that the last two digits should be 41, thus making it 31041. Which one should I use? Cingular has different markets in the US. I live on the East coast.

Have you tried another SIM card? I am looking into purchasing a prepaid card from Europe, which I wanted to to anyway.

Cheers,
revengineer

network code is 31017 for unlocking in all areas

oxygen reads out the sim, not the lock definitions

revengineer
05-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info, it confirms information from other threads. I just got confused about the 41 MNC. Someone else in this forum mentioned though that 3100 is not locked at all. I read this is true for all world phones from cingular. I will get my Europe SIM next week so I can try myself.

revengineer