PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 7650 Regarding SMS and INBOX

djX
24-08-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi, i have got 2 Questions to all my friends. If anyone can help i'd b really thankful...

1 :-? I want to shift to Nokia 6600 or some other SymbianOS Set, so i want to shift my SMS messages that i've been saving all along to new set, or save them in PC, anything possible, can anybody guide me how to do that? I'd b really thankful and nice of you.

2 :-? My Second question is, IS THERE any utility or application that can put a password on SMS INBOX, or MY FOLDERS or a SPECIFIC Folder? _ Remember, i am not asking about saving photos (like HANDY PHOTO SAFE) i need to password protect my FOLDERS in Inbox, (Save my SMS frm others reading them).

3 :-? Is there a similar way to protect others from watchin the ADDRESS BOOK?

I'd b really thankful If u guys PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

djX
27-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Any1 plzzzzz HELP ME OUT!!!!

Musicb0ffin
27-08-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah, for the first problem, there is an app called message saver, i think, which can send them over bluetooth. I think it can also restore them once transfered onto the other phone, but Im not so sure about that. I have always sent the messages to my pc in a text file, just so I have them. Problem 2, there are a couple of apps, one i think is called smsfortress... and there is another, can't remember the name... I'm sure someone else will know what I;m talking about. But they will protect your inbox. I don't know about the third problem, but 2 of out 3 isn't too bad.

djX
28-08-2004, 11:59 PM
well.. message saver is the thing i wanted ... but cudnt find anywhere .. all i found were trial versions.. can U help me out on dis?

the second SMS FORTRESS, well i searched for it, and it is app to send encrypted SMS... like u send with a password and the other person opens with a password, ME however needed something like HANDYPHOTOSAFE that can put a password on INBOX, or MY FOLERS or a specific FOLDER in it..

thanks..i'd b very thankful if u plz look into this matter once more..

Musicb0ffin
29-08-2004, 05:15 PM
Oh, sorry bout that mate. I think an app called gina might be what i meant. I'm not sure... Aivanet.com should have a full version of both apps for you. Hope that is more help.

djX
03-09-2004, 01:54 PM
thanks a lot friend.. but..

AivaNet.com is down.. :( anyplace else!!!!!!!! plzzzzzzzzzzzzz..help me..plz gimme some link..PLEASEEEEEE