PDA

View Full Version : UMTS/GSM Switching

dexta
26-08-2004, 10:33 AM
I have a nokia 7600 on 3, unlocked and i use it on t-mobile, because 3 signal is so awful. now on all other 3 handsets, 3 switches between full 3G service and 2G(02) coverage when 3g coverage is low, except it seems that this is not possible on the 7600, will getting it flashed to enable the locked out menu change this at all or am i stuck with no signal, forced to pay a contract and for PAYT....
cheers
Sam

dgilbert2
28-08-2004, 05:40 PM
I have a nokia 7600 on 3, unlocked and i use it on t-mobile, because 3 signal is so awful. now on all other 3 handsets, 3 switches between full 3G service and 2G(02) coverage when 3g coverage is low, except it seems that this is not possible on the 7600, will getting it flashed to enable the locked out menu change this at all or am i stuck with no signal, forced to pay a contract and for PAYT....
cheers
Sam

All you need to do is get the phone "hardware reset" by a local unlocker. This will restore the missing menu to enable you to select "dual" or "gsm" modes.

No need to be flashed.

cprafferty
31-08-2004, 06:19 PM
My guide has a section for people who are stuck like yourselfs.

I had the same problem but fixed it with my Griffin but as dgilbert2 says if you don't have one or a similar box the best bet is to try your local phone shop/stall.