PDA

View Full Version : help flashing

fivele
27-08-2004, 03:49 PM
please can some1 clarify a few things please.
I have purchased a cable for flashing, this has a PS2 end with loads of conectors for variou phone, and the other end has a COM PORT conector (9 pin) is this the correct cable for I can seen to get Knok or Rolis to read my phones (3310, 3330, 3650). The error says Failed to initilalyse local mode. Can cannot cannect to phone check cable ect.

Thus I am not able to flash.

Also I believe I need another cable once I have flashed the phone which cable do I need (What does it look like, can I make one myself)

And any tips on flashing would be greatfuly recieved

Cheers

browntoa
27-08-2004, 07:08 PM
don't think you have a flash cable, they have a 25 pin LPT connector , not one for a com port

if you are using Windows XP you may have problems...unless you use userport

you also need a serail (com port) mbus cable to set the faid etc after flashing the phone...there is a guide on the forum to flashing somehwere..

db391
27-08-2004, 11:58 PM
also when making the flash connetor (parallel port) you need a 74HC14 chip plus more electronics, the pinouts for the ps2 connector, and the schematics for the dejan flasher.

chunkhead
30-11-2004, 03:02 PM
You can buy just the flash cable to fit your varios heads from your mbus cable! Search around on the net! When you get them, check out my tutorials found in the FAQ link below! ;-)

bradysarlo
02-12-2004, 11:31 AM
I think just the one thread will be OK.
http://nokiafree.org/forums/t66708/h/s.html

Thread Closed.