PDA

View Full Version : Siemens SL55 Simlock Help!!!!!

billyholykewhoa
31-08-2004, 03:05 AM
i bought sl55 and it is currently locked on orange network in the UK, i need to unlock it for use on T-Mobile in the US. I've searched every forum and tried the Freia software and this is all i got

TTY_OpenCOMPort : opening COM1
COMM_IsBootRunning : bootcode does not seem to be running
COMM_LoadBoots : Waiting to power on the phone ...
COMM_LoadBoots : phone is powered on
COMM_SendBoot : boot file is not accepted

if someone could please give me detailed instructions on how to unlock or what i need to do

manic
10-09-2004, 09:15 PM
I have one exactly the same - i bought 2 first one opened up like a charm and the second one does exactly what yours does.
I have read somewhere that you have to short out a contact on certain versions of this fone ?
I would also appreciate some help.

Thanks

dude1
10-09-2004, 09:32 PM
i had the same problem this is how i sorted it.

first upgraded the phone to version 16 software.
if you want the upgrade file you can get it from the offitial siemens site

then used freia 15 under configuration functions selected boot type ( boot core bug )
then used freia 15 to unlock using the log and map functions.

select unlocking functions, create log from phone. saved this log to the desktop for ease of use.

then selected create map from log. when the dialog box opens selected the log i saved to the desktop also selected to save the map to the desktop.

then selceted load map to phone. when the dialog box opened i selected the map i saved to the desktop. this method worked for me.

dude1
11-09-2004, 09:26 PM
just also had the exact same problem with a brand new A50. did the same to unlock this. selected bootcore bug option from the bootcore options of freia 15 then used the log anmd map settings to unlock it. worked flawlessley.