PDA

View Full Version : Problem with unlocking 8310

GravyandChips
01-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Evenin'

I have an old Nokia 8310 which is locked to Virgin UK, i've generated codes using the online code generator and I've also used MOBTOOL.

The codes they have generated have both been the same, so I proceeded to enter, firstly, code 7 ... then .... code 1.

Each time I enter a code nothing happens, the code just remains displayed on the screen. So i pressed DIAL / SEND and I get the message 'EMERGENCY CALL ONLY'

What am I doing wrong? i've unlocked a few DCT4 phones before and I don't remember having this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Loz :???:

firey
02-09-2004, 08:43 PM
I think you may be typing the letters p & w using keys 7 & 9. They MUST be selected by pressing the * button several times. then when you get to the end of the code the phone should accept the code.

Evenin'

I have an old Nokia 8310 which is locked to Virgin UK, i've generated codes using the online code generator and I've also used MOBTOOL.

The codes they have generated have both been the same, so I proceeded to enter, firstly, code 7 ... then .... code 1.

Each time I enter a code nothing happens, the code just remains displayed on the screen. So i pressed DIAL / SEND and I get the message 'EMERGENCY CALL ONLY'

What am I doing wrong? i've unlocked a few DCT4 phones before and I don't remember having this problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Loz :???:

GravyandChips
03-09-2004, 08:02 PM
No, I am using the * key, i've done a few unlocks previously, so I know how it should work.

Could the problem be down to the phone being locked to VIRGIN UK?, i've heard from a few people that certain phones on VIRGIN need to be unlocked via a different method like cable.

Also when I insert my o2 sim it asks for a restriction code, no other NOKIA I have had has done this, is there some code I need to enter here instead?