PDA

View Full Version : SysIconz Qns ask here!!!

TWolf
03-09-2004, 08:27 AM
FAT Iconz Pack v0.9Alpha for SysIconz
-------------------------------------------
Artwork: TWolf
Programming: Mike

Preview
-------
http://home.ripway.com/2004-8/157874/misc/novos.jpg
Created image, can't make a printscreen at the moment.

Contents
--------
Replaces all system icons except:
Folder

Installation
------------
Download the program "Freak SysIconz v0.91"
http://widescreen.alojamentos.org/mystuff/FreakSysIconz_v0.9.1.rar
(This SIS works on N-Gage/N-Gage QD/3650/3660, during the install it asks wich optional files must be installed, you must only select the correct phone)

Install the SysIconz into the MMC and restart the phone.

Then install this sis Pack into the MMC and restart the phone again.

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0167526001/nemu/FAT_Iconz_Pack_v0.9Beta.rar

Uninstallation
--------------
Just Uninstall the Packages and restart the phone

Extras
-------
Icons for Fexplorer and Smartmovie
(must be installed in the same drive of the programs)

---ATENTION---
This is a NEW PACK/THEME for Mike's SysIconz not a new program.
Does not work well in 7610/7650/6600.

Visit us at the best Portuguese Forum of Nokia S60
--------------------------------------------------
http://www.mobile-freaks.net

Also visit
----------
http://widescreen.no-ip.org:81 (Mike WebSite)
http://n-emu.sytes.net/ (TWolf Website)

boo1985
03-09-2004, 08:54 AM
it roxs man!! thanks alot to those who made it possible.. the major bugs like the messaging and the call records have been fixed.. works like a charm! :)

Crux
03-09-2004, 10:11 AM
how about 6600 version? maybe a theme :-( :o :eek:

BizzyRok
03-09-2004, 10:31 AM
so its not in english

leespud
03-09-2004, 10:53 AM
mine is all english :S

now im confusedi got this on both n-gage and 3650

there are some icons in the n-gage version that arent in the 3650 version

eg.
recorder
apps
real one

also any news on the folders???
also for the 3650 version we need camera, video camera, infrared
id be happy if these were just posted as jpegs or sumot cause i could just add them to my phone manually especially the video recorder one as i would want to over rite the philips camcoder as thats my primary video recorder

LeeSpud

EDIT: Any chance this can be done to the clock???

TWolf
03-09-2004, 12:23 PM
no 6600 theme as yet..some ppl are working on that, but not my responsibility, i dont have one. ;)

--------------

whats not in english? icons are images, images are universal...

---------

i made those 4 icons, but they cant be done because of conflits with the system of the phone, mike is working on that still... with little sucess.

i made some extra icons for "camera" for 3650/60 and "game manager" for QD but we dont have those phones, so he cant make the program to work with those..sorry.

leespud
03-09-2004, 12:30 PM
i made those 4 icons, but they cant be done because of conflits with the system of the phone, mike is working on that still... with little sucess.

i made some extra icons for "camera" for 3650/60 and "game manager" for QD but we dont have those phones, so he cant make the program to work with those..sorry.

is it possible to post the icons?? i will try follow the instructions on the text file to try put them in manually

thanks

TWolf
03-09-2004, 01:07 PM
Here you go, it has the folowing icons:
aplications.png
camera(3650).png
folders.png
game_manager(QD).png
real_one.png
recorder.png

http://home.ripway.com/2004-8/157874/misc/others.rar

TwisTeD_MinD
03-09-2004, 04:31 PM
FAT Iconz Pack v0.9Alpha for SysIconz
-------------------------------------------
Artwork: TWolf
Programming: Mike

Preview
-------
http://home.ripway.com/2004-8/157874/misc/novos.jpg
Created image, can't make a printscreen at the moment.

Contents
--------
Replaces all system icons except:
MidpUi, VoiceRecorder, RealPlayer, Notepad and Folder

Installation
------------
Download the program "Freak SysIconz v0.9Beta"

N-Gage Version
http://widescreen.alojamentos.org/mystuff/FreakSysIconz.v0.9Beta.www.mobile-freaks.net.rar

N-Gage QD Version
http://widescreen.alojamentos.org/mystuff/FreakSysIconz.v0.9Beta.NgageQD.www.mobile-freaks.net.rar

Nokia 3650/3660 Version
http://widescreen.alojamentos.org/mystuff/FreakSysIconz.v0.9Beta.36503660.www.mobile-freaks.net.rar

Install the SysIconz into the MMC and restart the phone.

Then install this sis Pack into the MMC and restart the phone again.

Uninstallation
--------------
Just Uninstall the Packages and restart the phone

Extras
-------
Icons for Fexplorer and Smartmovie
(must be installed in the same drive of the programs)
http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0167526001/nemu/FATIconz.extras.rar

---ATENTION---
This is a NEW PACK/THEME for Mike's SysIconz not a new program.
Does not work well in 7610/7650/6600.

Visit us at the best Portuguese Forum of Nokia S60
--------------------------------------------------
http://www.mobile-freaks.net

Also visit
----------
http://widescreen.no-ip.org:81 (Mike WebSite)
http://n-emu.sytes.net/ (TWolf Website)

how come that da icons in d preview is different from the one dat can be downloaded? :S

leespud
03-09-2004, 04:51 PM
its true, and the new posted icon are for the preview which isnt the one we have the download link for :S

MegaShark
03-09-2004, 08:22 PM
i love the fexplorer icon... but I don't get it!!! What is it suppose to mean? :P

TWolf
04-09-2004, 09:28 AM
I'm so sorry, i forgot to insert the links for the FAT iconz pack...
:(

It's in the original post now.
Sorry again

(the fexplorer icon is a fat-icon folder with a inhance lent)

TwisTeD_MinD
04-09-2004, 10:28 AM
oh ok...cool,tnx
but i dont get how to put da extra icons like the real one can ne1 help out?

RiisE
04-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Thanks mate for these software, is great great great, really cOOOOL!!! What a great news for 3650/N-gage user.

i think we can forget abt "Themerizer" . Thanks again.

cprafferty
04-09-2004, 03:14 PM
Anybody else having trouble with the camera icon?

Tried making my own but couldn't figure out how to make the aif file

kyoshiro
04-09-2004, 10:50 PM
How can i change the text of the ions,because english..... :P
thks

TWolf
05-09-2004, 11:38 AM
edit the .rsz files...good luck.

elomda
05-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Hello all
as long as you have reached the icons , tell me how can we change the menu background and title bar , like wildskins?

leespud
05-09-2004, 08:42 PM
the links are still goin to the "freak icon pack" not the "fat icon pack"

kyoshiro
05-09-2004, 11:11 PM
edit the .rsz files...good luck.

i know but how...... :o

TWolf
06-09-2004, 08:41 AM
i know but how...... :o

get more info from google. im not a source database, i just do icons.

the links are still goin to the "freak icon pack" not the "fat icon pack"

what do you mean? the first links are for the freaks pack and sysiconz program, the second links are for the fat pack, everyone is using it and downloaded from there...

Hello all
as long as you have reached the icons , tell me how can we change the menu background and title bar , like wildskins?

use wildskinz instead, or find out how the symbian system works and modd it, i just do icons, ppl...

shad0w
06-09-2004, 06:16 PM
erm..whats the MidpUI app? one of the four which doesn't have any icons

cprafferty
06-09-2004, 07:39 PM
Its the applications program the one that does the java.

Also I managed to get the camera icon to go as well

All I need to do now is to rename it back to applications

squall1427
07-09-2004, 07:20 AM
will these iconz mess up my n-gage or are they stable???

tzeonn
07-09-2004, 10:02 AM
well, i tried them, no probs on my ngage so far.

leespud
07-09-2004, 10:21 AM
any news on an update after the information i posted in the other thread??

cprafferty
07-09-2004, 05:51 PM
I had an idea

Since some games install directly to the games folder. I suspect that its doesn't install to a folder called games but rather asks the OS where the folder with the UI of XYZ is located and installs to there.

If we can found out what UI ID is used maybe we will be able to change the icon for the folder?

Any thoughts, Ideas?

@leespud

Thank-you with that info I was able to make the apps. & camera icon for my 3650.

@TWolf

Any more png's for the 3650 like a videorecorder one?

TWolf
08-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Mike did a new version on his program, ill ask him when can we start to release it everywhere.

-----------------------------
This verion duplicates the following system icons:
MidpUi, VoiceRecorder, RealPlayer
It is not possible to create "shortcuts" to these aplications so I decided to duplicate them in order to modify the icons, the user can always "hide" the original icon in a folder.

Extra Info

Version : 0.9.1
Language : Português
File size : 143KB
Tested in : N-Gage, N-Gage QD, 3650, 3650
Compatible : N-Gage, N-Gage QD, 3650, 3660
Not Compatible: Nokia 6600/7610
----------------------------------

The installation is now just one for all the phones, while installing it has an "incompatible" screen at first, but its all ok after that.

---------------------------------

I DID do a camera icon in PNG. its in this post.

leespud
08-09-2004, 10:20 AM
This verion duplicates the following system icons:
MidpUi, VoiceRecorder, RealPlayer
It is not possible to create "shortcuts" to these aplications so I decided to duplicate them in order to modify the icons, the user can always "hide" the original icon in a folder.

how come these icons were replaced in the alpha0.3, but cant be replaced now??

TWolf
09-09-2004, 07:48 PM
they had bugs, thats why it was a alpha....

Mike managed to change them by DUPLICATING the icons, now the 3 icons appear to be changed but you still need to hide the other 3 original icons in a far-away. folder..
;)

shad0w
09-09-2004, 08:52 PM
erm... does the 0.9.1 already available for sharing?

tried to search it at irc but none yet.

btw, with what icons does the 0.9.1 follows? the freaks or the fat icons?

TWolf
10-09-2004, 11:42 AM
It uses the freak iconz, its not available yeat outside the official forum, sorry.
why would you want a buggy version aniway?

shad0w
10-09-2004, 01:01 PM
well its kinda nice to have a complete set of icons on your fone, its seems anoying when other icons are changed and others are left out..they look like that they don't belong on the menu...lol :-D

El'AnDrA
10-09-2004, 10:59 PM
It uses the freak iconz, its not available yeat outside the official forum, sorry.
why would you want a buggy version aniway?

Well I find icon pack but it requaire v.0.9.1 so that is why i want new versio. I so like cristalized icons from theam for 6600!!!

TWolf
11-09-2004, 07:24 PM
updated the original post with the new version.

ommer
11-09-2004, 09:15 PM
with the latest version the realone, apps and recorder icons are all on the main menu on my n-gage. is there a way i can fix this??? :confused:

leespud
11-09-2004, 10:39 PM
with the latest version the realone, apps and recorder icons are all on the main menu on my n-gage. is there a way i can fix this??? :confused:

options-move to folder

@Twolf: still no camera icon, irda, video recorder???

TWolf
12-09-2004, 09:37 AM
like i said, a new version is being made...

ommer
12-09-2004, 10:48 AM
leespud: when i do move to folder there are 2 of them, like in media folder there is 2 realone players and 2 recorders.

leespud
12-09-2004, 02:55 PM
like twolf previously said, hide the others in a folder, like on my 3650 i hide themin the "sim" folder as i never use it, not sure myself where to put themon the n-gage though

ommer
12-09-2004, 06:03 PM
is there a file with all the bmp image files so i can have a try with those icons

TWolf
12-09-2004, 09:00 PM
there are already 2 versions of 6600 themes with the icons and 1 sysiconz theme (this)....

is it really necessary to give away more bmps and pngs of them?
:/

El'AnDrA
12-09-2004, 10:12 PM
TWolf thank you and Mike for an update of this "big" program. I can put cristalized icons on my Nokia 3660. Thanx.

Just want to say that some bugs are still exist. I write somewhere that phone application starts every time i send or recive message, so i got 2 or 3 or more time started phone app, but only first got 300kb and the other got 40kb. I am hoping that Mike will solve this problem in new version. If you need screenshot or something just send me PM. Another bug is that application ABOUT has two names. When it is in grid view than its name is about, but when i put phone in list view its name is Nokia N-gage(phone is 3660). This is not big problem, but just to know.

Finally i got problem with icons in cristalized pack but even with fat pack. It is all O.K. in menu but when i enter the app. than some icons(for example in fat icons pack bluetooth icon) in some parts become transparent. I dont know if someone has the same problem, and maybe it is becouse of 65k screen.

Hope you know answers and that you will solve the problem.

Cheers!

TWolf
12-09-2004, 11:16 PM
i'm sorry...i'm not making fun of your english, but i did'nt get most of the message...
:(

RiisE
13-09-2004, 02:01 PM
I manage to make .sis file by using "S60 IconWizard starten". And manage to install it on my 3650 without any problem, i manage to change "Doris Browser" become Internet Explorer icon, is kind of fun.

But this "S60 IconWizard starten" is a German programe, i always need to refer to README file to do the next step.

TWolf
13-09-2004, 04:51 PM
there is a (amateur?) english .exe that i saw once.

that works ok, but once you use the german version the first time you should be able to memorize the steps...

El'AnDrA
13-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Man you should not make fun with my english because it is all written o.k. so i just dont understand what you didnt understand in my post.

Maybe you didnt understand problem with app. About. I will repeat : When menu is in grid view than its is "about" but when menu is in list view than its "Nokia N-gage".

And problem with icons. Read it again carefully i you will understand it. I can send you screenshots and you can see what I am talking about.
Just give me your e-mail!

Sorry man but i think problem is with your english or you didnt read it carefully!

Cheers!

cprafferty
13-09-2004, 08:41 PM
@ El'AnDrA

Hes is not talking about your english he is talking about the S60 IconWizard

sombody made a english version of it but it was very basic because it was based on an earlier version.

@Twolf

As for the the bug

If you open the folder (on the 3650 its called extras) which contains the ABOUT application in LIST view it is called Nokia N-Gage BUT if you open it in GRID view it is called About.

make sense

Cool and everybody calm down.

El'AnDrA
13-09-2004, 09:05 PM
I am not mad or something. I think he was saing about my english but there is no problem at all. And about app.ABOUT. I don think it is problem at all, but just want to point that because i dont know is that something relevant for them (TWolf and Mike).

Cheers and keep up the nice work.

TWolf
13-09-2004, 10:14 PM
but........i said i WASNT making fun...
<:(

when i said "amateur english" i was refering to a patch file (unofficial) for the IconWizard German application.

i really didnt get those tecnical terms...what is GRID VIEW? a grid is some sort of net, i know, but what is that in the symbian universe? Do remenber my celphone is all in portuguese, and so is the manual...

El'AnDrA, icq or msn me tomorow, im sure we can understand each other more easily in online mode...

btw, problably tomorow or the day after Mike may give me permission to start giving away the new version of SYSICONZ with a theme manager, and all the icons in 3650/3660... ;)

ps: theres no QD "games" icon yet...next version only...

MegaShark
13-09-2004, 11:30 PM
@twolf:

GRID VIEW = grelha

no menu... opções -> lista, ou grelha!

got it?

RiisE
14-09-2004, 05:02 AM
TWolf,

Hope we can have a link here for the Theme manager. Is the Theme manager can let us make our own theme for 3650/3660/N-Gage? jus like 6600 user?
Thanks in advance.

TWolf
14-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Mike gave permission to post it here.

its still english and portuguese only, sorry.

Theres no theme maker, just a theme manager, it comes with 3 iconz packs already and you can build your own packs following the turorial inside.

ill post today, in a new post....just wait, please.

leespud
14-09-2004, 10:30 AM
sombody give these guys an award!!!!

such an amazing contribution to the symbian scene!!!

THANKS!!!

TWolf
14-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Here it is:
http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?p=333141

(I created a new post because its a new version.)
Mike does deserve an award!
:D

MikePT
14-09-2004, 12:40 PM
Here it is:
http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthread.php?p=333141

(I created a new post because its a new version.)
Mike does deserve an award!
:D

Well thanks Twolf :-D

you deserve too because of the UNIQUE great artwork of the Icons :-)

tzeonn
14-09-2004, 01:55 PM
hi, i moved this thread to general section.

all qns to be asked here. i renamed this thread too.

future releases to be released in the other thread, i will delete all irrelevent stuff from that thread.

u might wanna upload to our server too ;)

hope u guys wun mind my edits.

TWolf
14-09-2004, 02:15 PM
hmmm...its not a problem, but the first post refers to an old version, wont that give more questions than answer to newcommers?

El'AnDrA
14-09-2004, 07:52 PM
but........i said i WASNT making fun...
<:(
\
i really didnt get those tecnical terms...what is GRID VIEW? a grid is some sort of net, i know, but what is that in the symbian universe? Do remenber my celphone is all in portuguese, and so is the manual...

El'AnDrA, icq or msn me tomorow, im sure we can understand each other more easily in online mode...

ps: theres no QD "games" icon yet...next version only...

No problem i solve all problems. But just to know GRID VIEW is when ther is 6 or less icons on the screen and LIST view is when they are one under another.

I tried to find you on icq but ther is 10 or 15 TWolfs. I dont what nick is yours!

Cheers

shad0w
14-09-2004, 08:25 PM
did anyone noticed that the icons of the clock and snakeEx for the FAT icons are the same for the 3650 / 3660? They both look like a snake, probably the clock icon was overwritten during sis compilation.

ommer
14-09-2004, 10:11 PM
on the readme file with sysicons 1.0.0 it says install on mmc

do you have to install it on mmc or can you install it on the phone aswell??? :???:

leespud
14-09-2004, 10:45 PM
did anyone noticed that the icons of the clock and snakeEx for the FAT icons are the same for the 3650 / 3660? They both look like a snake, probably the clock icon was overwritten during sis compilation.

true it is replaced by the snake ex icon!!

also still no replacing of video recorder??

shad0w
15-09-2004, 07:46 AM
anyway you can extract the fat icons previously posted v0.9, it has the clock icon, you can then overwrite the .aif file on E:\System\Apps\Sysicons\Iconzpack\FatIcon
not sure on the correct name of the path, but it should be there.

there are already 2 versions of 6600 themes with the icons and 1 sysiconz theme (this)....

is it really necessary to give away more bmps and pngs of them?

what themes used your icons?

TWolf
15-09-2004, 07:57 AM
on the readme file with sysicons 1.0.0 it says install on mmc

do you have to install it on mmc or can you install it on the phone aswell??? :???:

Always install stuff in e: , its better and safer, if the c: gets too crowded you phone may not boot, also if its all installed in mmc and something goes wrong just remove the mmc and format it in a mmc reader...that goes for all software (that can work in the mmc, anyway...)

anyway you can extract the fat icons previously posted v0.9, it has the clock icon, you can then overwrite the .aif file on E:\System\Apps\Sysicons\Iconzpack\FatIcon
not sure on the correct name of the path, but it should be there.

what themes used your icons?

Thats strange, there must be a bug there...next version... ;)

i already sent the icons (last time) to ommer ( http://nokiafree.org/forums/member.php?userid=116217 ), he said he'll do a 6600 theme.

shad0w
17-09-2004, 01:11 PM
erm...just wondering, can we extract the .bmp's in the .aif files like the .bmp's in .mbm files using bmconv? if so what program can do it?

RiisE
20-09-2004, 07:00 AM
i can make .sis file for each icon one at a time. But how can i pack it all into one .sis file?

i m beginer, can anyone teach pls?

TWolf
20-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Search google for "MakeSis"
;)

mr_marts
20-09-2004, 09:10 AM
twolf your icons rock how about making some icons for the 6600 keep up the good workv :D

TWolf
20-09-2004, 01:20 PM
1- I dont have a 6600.
2- 6600 have way better themes.
3- all my icons can easily be used in a 6600 theme.
4- thanks!

;)

symbianuser2000
21-09-2004, 09:37 PM
Hi,

first of all, the SysIcons are really cool :) My phones now look much better with it 8)
But there's one little problem: The older versions of this program also supported the german language, in the 1.0 only english and portugiese is available. If I try to rename the icons with the Icon Wizard, the name doesen't change. In the forum TWolf wrote that people should edit the *.rsc file to rename the icons. I tried this with an hex editor and the "services" icon. After a restart, the name changed, but there's also one character at the end, as you can see in this screenshot:

I have tried some other possibilitys, but the result was the same, the letter always stands there.
The german word "Dienste" is one letter shorter than "services", so I don't know in what hex string I have to rename the last letter.
Would be nice if you could help me :)

Thanks in advance,

Michael

P.S.: Sorry for my english... ;)

TWolf
22-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Cant the german patch be re-used in this new version? try to extract the contents of theyr sis to your pc with UnMakeSIS and use those .rsz files that come there to replace with the ones on you phone.

im not a programmer but i think that should do it...

symbianuser2000
22-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Wow... I thought that this wouldn't work because the files in the patch end with *.R01, and the files in the new version with *.rsc. But I tried it, and it works!
Thank you :)
The only problem is that in the old version, the icons for camera, infrared, modem and camcorder could not be changed, so the files for this apps are missing in the patch... well, I hope I can live with it ;) :)

Keep up the good work!

Michael

rhai
24-09-2004, 06:30 AM
Here you go, it has the folowing icons:
aplications.png
camera(3650).png
folders.png
game_manager(QD).png
real_one.png
recorder.png

http://home.ripway.com/2004-8/157874/misc/others.rar

could you please repost??? I cant get the file :(

TWolf
24-09-2004, 09:43 AM
??? the new version already has those icons enbebbed, thats why i remove those old files....i always remove old versions online.

MegaShark
28-09-2004, 09:53 PM
I've just uninstalled version 1.0 and got back to 0.98 beta... much smaller, it only has the icon pack I like and the Phone and Radio icons are much nicer!

kenkiller
04-10-2004, 10:27 AM
hi guys. I'm using a QD here and i've installed sysiconz 1.0. The default icons work fine. However i can't switch to another iconz pack. I select and wait for it to apply, then i reboot. However all i see are still the same iconz. I've installed other icon packs but the problem remains. Any ideas?

TWolf
04-10-2004, 10:53 AM
you have installed all that in the E: (MMC) Drive, didnt you?

kenkiller
04-10-2004, 11:01 AM
yup...i read the forums and instructions first before i installed.

kenkiller
04-10-2004, 11:03 AM
if i'm not wrong, the sysiconz appz copies the appropriate files from the iconpackz directory over to the e:\system\ correct? how do i know if its doing the correct thing?

TWolf
04-10-2004, 11:34 AM
actually its e:\system\apps\ but yes, its wierd, more ppl have that in QD also and it worked fine...

kenkiller
04-10-2004, 12:05 PM
maybe some software is preventing the app from writing to the mmc. maybe i'll use devman to disable and try.

just to confirm...i'll see new icon just after a change of pack? no need to reboot unless its to see change of menu icon?

TWolf
04-10-2004, 12:58 PM
just to confirm...i'll see new icon just after a change of pack? no need to reboot unless its to see change of menu icon?

yes, they all should change with no restart needed, except the menu icon.

some mmc's dont refresh fast enough so i usualy jump to a folder and then as i came back its all changed already.
:)

kenkiller
04-10-2004, 02:03 PM
man....i've tried everything short of a hard reset.
if i install in phone mem to try would it work?

edit : can i affect a change of iconzpack manually? via my card reader?

TWolf
04-10-2004, 03:06 PM
it wont work correctly in the phone memory...

also, copy the folders that are inside one of the packs
e:\system\apps\sysiconz\iconpacks\crystalized\*.* (for example)
to e:\system\apps\ to test it....

good luck.

kenkiller
04-10-2004, 03:29 PM
hey...finally works. thanks for the help man....guess i'll have to use fileman to copy the files everytime i wanna change icons.

any idea if symbian phones accept batch files? could just write one to automate the copying...oh crap...dun think it accepts DOS commands...heheh

oh yes...any site with the icons for download? all i see are these 1 or 2 forums that have a few iconz packs.

powermcz
11-03-2005, 11:12 AM
This is my first message on this boards. I've really tried everything i know but it seems i can't uninstall sysiconz neither get it recognized by other .sis files since i get the message 'need sysiconz' when i try to install a new icon pack.

I can solve this since i can install the themes manually using unmakesis, but it would obviously be better if i could finally uninstall it or find a way to overwrite the previous install.

This problem was originated when i tried to uninstall the app the first time, having it open in the background. The uninstaller got locked and i had to restart the phone. Since that, when i try to uninstall or making an overwriting install i get the message 'system error -21', closing the installer.

Is there any way to remove sysiconz manually? Do i have to delete any registry files or whatever so i can install and overwrite?

:-? :-? :-? :-?

By the way, i'm using N-Gage classic ;)

TWolf
11-03-2005, 11:53 AM
just manually delete the folder e:\system\apps\sysiconz
that should do it.

powermcz
11-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Already tried, i still get system error -21 when i try to install it again after deletion.

Perhaps any other lib or local file may be causing this?

Thanks for your celerity on the answer btw :)

TWolf
11-03-2005, 02:06 PM
hmmmm...make sure you have nothing on drive C (as in c:\system\apps\sysiconz)

also delete the inside files (of e:\system\apps\sysiconz) one by one to see witch is causing this (you can delete all the packs at once before)...
as the last resourt you can always format the MMC by windows (just remenber its fat16, not fat32 nor NTFS)

powermcz
11-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Well, if there's no reg files on C: or any unlinked files i think i'll manage to fix it.

I'll try to install the proggy on another mmc, cuz i guess that if it's an mmc problem it would show itself.

In the worst case i guess i can try doing another hard reset... :)

Just for curiosity, wtf does the -21 system error mean? :))

As a last note, gratz on your themes TWolf, really cool job (specially on quark ones)

tzeonn
11-03-2005, 06:29 PM
thread moved to symbians miscellenous fun section.

jeabbiz
15-05-2005, 04:13 PM
How i make shout cut?
i need to make file .app,.rsc and _caption.rsc
and i need some icon on QD "Vid player" i need shot cut!
<sorry for ENG>

birdseng
19-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Hi,
May i know can sysiconz 1.01 change the folder icon in my ngage phone?
I Try on my ngage , but the folder icon remain unchage....
Any 1 of u face the same problem?

TWolf
19-05-2005, 11:20 AM
just READ the readme file or the original post.

firedrake
30-09-2005, 09:47 PM
Hi everyone! Don't know if anyone is going to like my first post,so I apologise to everyone in advance...I just need to know..

Why does AVG antivirus for windows find Sculls.C virus in the sis file?
Same with F-secure antivirus for mobile phones...

Infected file in sis is the text shown during installation.
Infected file in mobile after installation is E:\System\Apps\FreakMenu\Freak menu.app

Any ideas?

TWolf
21-02-2006, 02:59 PM
where did you got that version? mine was fine...