PDA

View Full Version : adding new games...

westy
30-09-2002, 07:02 AM
hi, is it possible to add new games by finding an old games hex and replaceing that with a new games hex??? or delete a game full stop???

i think this can be done but i am not sure thanks

nonu_don
16-10-2002, 05:53 AM
ya, i also wonder if games could be extracted from one phone and be inserted in another one.????

naman

NokiaPhreak
16-10-2002, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by nonu_don
ya, i also wonder if games could be extracted from one phone and be inserted in another one.????

naman

atleast it mut have same lenght, i guess.

Manipulator
16-10-2002, 11:05 AM
some new model nokia phone can download new game from nokia site,any one try it.

theremoids
19-10-2002, 03:17 AM
maybe if we can only find out the hex offsets of the games, we can transfer games... hmmm... how how how???

KnokKnok
19-10-2002, 03:27 AM
yes you can! :)

Nokia's are all the same (DCT-3). You must find first the offset's of the game and and insert it or delete the old one. Must have the same length or smaller.

About the offset's...I don't know where :lol: :lol:

slikmik
19-10-2002, 12:33 PM
using g3n0lite we can fine offset for games menu, and from that im sure it wont be too hard to start deleting games and finding out where they begin, i'll give it a go :D

Mike

westy
19-10-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by slikmik
using g3n0lite we can fine offset for games menu, and from that im sure it wont be too hard to start deleting games and finding out where they begin, i'll give it a go :D

Mike

i was playing with a hex editor and found the games icons for space impact, i think it would be cool to have snake 1 on the phone aswel as snake 2 instead of say paris, cuz really...does anyone at all play that???

:)

slikmik
19-10-2002, 03:07 PM
Yep would be fun, i'll have a play and see what happpens :D

I recken you're right - i for one only play:

Snake 1/2
Space Impact
Bantumi

Mike

KnokKnok
19-10-2002, 04:40 PM
Mine is edited already. Change the Icons to the what I want and change the name to my own language using winhex.

Sawa II
Space Impact
Sungka

:) :) :)

I am trying to change space impact but it gives me a hard time since the graphics are separated into 3. But still can edit but it takes more time. :(

slikmik
19-10-2002, 05:16 PM
knokknok you mean youve put extra games in place of others or simply changed animations/text etc... ?

Mike

NokiaPhreak
20-10-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by slikmik
knokknok you mean youve put extra games in place of others or simply changed animations/text etc... ?

Mike

yea, wanna to learn how? you really can change or add game to nokia phone??

:cool:

westy
20-10-2002, 10:25 AM
lets say in space impact you edit the enemy ship from its original 6 pixel height to 2, do you think that if you shoot and hit pixel 6 but it is no longer there, it would count as a kill or would you have to have direct hits??

KnokKnok
20-10-2002, 04:09 PM
Only the graphics/animation for the games I edited, but for the whole games :-? I don't know where the offsets :lol:

It's not imposible but, I am not fulltime with this. I concentrate with graphics first. :D :D :D

nonu_don
20-10-2002, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by NokiaPhreak

yea, wanna to learn how? you really can change or add game to nokia phone??

:cool:

hey plz, plz, plz tell me how to change games. ie i want to delete games from 8210 (converted to 8250) and new ones like space impact, snake 2,,,etc,,

plz plz tell me, u can also mail me
at : [email protected]

slikmik
20-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Shut up dude cant u see from the post that nobody has ever done this, this thread is about people TRYING to do it dont come in and go "wow i want extra games blah blah blah"

No offence - :rolleyes:

Thinking about it... although we can easily get offsets for pictures like the food in snake it could be being "called" from somewhere else, so the game may not be actually around that offset. Even using winarm though its very hard - for me anyhow - to find where the games even begin, so no luck for me, anybody else got any ideas?

Mike

westy
21-10-2002, 08:00 AM
going from what i did yesterday, if we find the pics of the levels in space impact the intro is also there, then above it is bantumi so i guess and there is a load of full black blocks then a load of empty blanks before bantumi starts so that might be a start/end point???

(scrolling up from the bottom of the flash)
correct me if im wrong though, the file is on the other pc

w0rf
10-01-2003, 03:01 PM
I think its possible .. but NOT easy to do (imho)

the steps that I think that will have to be done are (could be wrong:p):

1) Find the game start offset (we can find the functionid & parameter ...
But I don't know where those 2 are processed so it jumps somewhere to the right offset)
Also..We'll have to study the code a bit to find the right END too

2)after grabbing the code..we'll have to replace all *external* calls (All calls to another area then the one we grabbed) offsets to the right offsets for the new phone (wat i mean is .. the offsets from for example enable_irq, update_screen, ... won't be the same on 2 different phones)
I think the chances are big that all the needed system functions will be on the new phone 2.

3) we inject the converted code of free mcu space

4)we need to import an unused functionid that *jumps* to the injected code

5)use this functionid to create a new menu in g3n0lite for it or so
(If u want it to appear between the other games U will need a hexeditor instead)

Now..personnly I don't know how the function offsets (yet)
All support is welcome:)

Sinister Frog
13-01-2003, 09:47 PM
hmm there has to be some way
i mean, nokia let u download new pinball tables on the 3330
that would require a fair bit of FW changing...

westy
15-01-2003, 01:38 AM
the games downloaded by nokia arent stored in the same section, they are on the eepom (to my knowledge) which i guess you could compare the changes to see what it adds