PDA

View Full Version : Unlock question - please help.

Blackhammer
10-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on this...

A few weeks ago i successfully, or so i thought, unlocked my nokia orange 6600. I used the unlock code generator from this site and when entered, a tick flashed across the screen and said sim restriction or something similar.

I recently sold the phone saying it was unlocked, only to find a email this morning from it's new owner saying it has rejected 3 sims she has tried.

I re-set the phone back to it's original settings before i sold it, would that have caused any problems?!

EDIT - I have just unlocked a friend's orange 6600 and then tried a vodafone sim. The phone turns itself off after about 10 seconds. Can anyone help me these 2 issues???!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Luke.

MobyProject
10-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you could shed some light on this...

A few weeks ago i successfully, or so i thought, unlocked my nokia orange 6600. I used the unlock code generator from this site and when entered, a tick flashed across the screen and said sim restriction or something similar.

I recently sold the phone saying it was unlocked, only to find a email this morning from it's new owner saying it has rejected 3 sims she has tried.

I re-set the phone back to it's original settings before i sold it, would that have caused any problems?!

EDIT - I have just unlocked a friend's orange 6600 and then tried a vodafone sim. The phone turns itself off after about 10 seconds. Can anyone help me these 2 issues???!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Luke.

It is my understanding that Nokia 6600 phones may need more than 1 lock unlocking. Also unlock Code 2 code and possiblely code 5

Regards

Paul

Blackhammer
10-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Thanks very much for your reply,

Do you simply mean that when i am presented with a list of the unlock codes i may need to enter more than just the first one in the list? - I did this and was presented with a "sim restriction off" screen, so presumed it worked as with previous models i have owned.

browntoa
10-09-2004, 07:31 PM
yes...some of the orange Ngages had lock 5 on as well,you had to enter 2 codes

andrek
13-09-2004, 12:55 AM
LUKE is a search engine calld google im not smart but on net special uk pages you can find everithing so try on google lokk for mobileliberation nothing is not posible if you now ehere to look :lol: