PDA

View Full Version : 6800 firmware change / downgrade?

Erbid
13-09-2004, 03:52 AM
I'm using a brand new 6800. Not sure of its firmware viersion but the volume seems much less controllable than my old 6800. :-x

I am unable to crank the voulme to a level where:
1) I can use it "speakerphone mode" in my car.
2) I can use it earbud mode on my motorcycle

I could do both with my older 6800. I have since acquired a second new 6800, but it is likewise "soft" in volume, not getting much louder than setting 3 on my older 6800 when cranked up to setting 5.

This is entirely subjective and I would love to dig into the firmware (?) and see if there is something that will 'unrestrain" the volume a bit! Note that I have no cables, and am not certain how to reverse engineer or decompile the firmware. Flashing back to the old version may be an option though...

Seeking comments, ideas, and anything befitting a "phone hacking" newbie (cheapest way to see what I have? Best way to work with 6800 firmware for less than $200?)

Erbid

AsiaMobile
14-09-2004, 11:03 PM
You can flash it to a lower firmware, it may help but it may just be the phone itself. If you do decide to change the firmware to do it yourself will cost upwards of $200 for basic equipment or more and is not practical if your not going to have your own phone shop. If you still have your old 6800 press *#0000# and it will display the firmware version. Also sometimes it may just be something got inside the external speaker port and is muffling the sound. If you want to go ahead and get the firmware changed then just post your location and someone will be able to help you. I provide most services for the USA and abroad just to let you know. Hope i helped.

Best Regards