PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6010 Ringtones

Socer38910
17-09-2004, 03:38 AM
Hey guys, just got my Nokia 6010 and im trying to figure out how i can get a ringtone the free way. I am using t-mobile and in order to connect to websites i have to have t-zones signed up. i use to have the samsung r225 and was able to keypress in the ringtones. is there any other free way that i will be able to get some hot polyphonic ringtones other than getting a cable. thanks if u can help.

lefteyeiu2002
26-09-2004, 06:41 AM
I have t-mobile and I am thinking about upgrading from my 3595 to the 6010. If you sign up for T-Zones unlimited for just 4.99 a month you can browse the following websites for FREE ringtones:

http://wap.ring-tones.us

http://planete-nokia.com/wap/index.wml (it is in french, but just scroll down to "sonneries" for the tones. You can check online to see the names of the numbers listed)

http://wap.iwfr.net

http://www.polyphonicringtonez.com/wap

http://wap.truepolyphonic.com

I hope these help. They have original nokia ringers, which I absolutley love! And they have musical tones too. How is the 6010? Is it a cool phone? Does it have strong signal? How good is the sound and color quality? :-)

Thanks,

D

Hey guys, just got my Nokia 6010 and im trying to figure out how i can get a ringtone the free way. I am using t-mobile and in order to connect to websites i have to have t-zones signed up. i use to have the samsung r225 and was able to keypress in the ringtones. is there any other free way that i will be able to get some hot polyphonic ringtones other than getting a cable. thanks if u can help.

Shocker
28-09-2004, 10:53 AM
hie there guys,

thanks for the wap sites....by the way, just wanna ask is there such phone such as nokia 6010, as far as i remember, there's only nokia 6610 and 6100, so are u two refering to either one of these phones??

thanks!

Socer38910
06-10-2004, 04:42 AM
no, it's really the 6010 u can see it at www.nokia.com or www.t-mobile.com it's a pretty nice phone. the only question i have is i really don't want to pay for t-zones and i was trying to e-mail myself a ringtone but i can't seem ot open up the attachment. is there any other way to send it to myself?

milkbonz
08-10-2004, 09:22 PM

I too have a 6010 and i cant find any info about uplaoding anything or unlocking in these forums. It must be a brand new phone

Shocker
11-10-2004, 03:22 AM
no, it's really the 6010 u can see it at www.nokia.com or www.t-mobile.com it's a pretty nice phone. the only question i have is i really don't want to pay for t-zones and i was trying to e-mail myself a ringtone but i can't seem ot open up the attachment. is there any other way to send it to myself?

thanks for the notifications, actually im staying in malaysia, so phones that comes out in US is not advertised here and we have no knowledge of them being out in the market, becoz of the different bandwith and communications standards (GSM, PCN, CDMA etc), sorry, anyway, it looks nice too, but somehow it looks like 3530/3510i redesigned clone phone with some added features and functions, u all might wanna browse thru the 35XX threads, i guess some of the connection methods for 3510i/3530 might probably work for 6010...its worth the try, try FBUS/MBUS cable, since there is no IR or BT.... :-)

mat_1583
08-11-2004, 08:53 PM
its dct 4 v2 and code should be your own network provider in the calculator located above.then uploading can be done through an mms message to yourself by attaching a <42kb polytone or pic to a blank email sent to yourself.if ur tmobile it should be ur 10digit# @tmomail.net so example is [email protected] ur fone also has to be preset to accept mms,its usually set out of the box already tho so no need probably.once recieved scroll all the way to the bottom of mms, the tone should look like a single note in the screen and the pics i think show as itself,never tried pics yet so not sure.now with the note showing onscreen use leftmenuselectbutton to play or save or delete,if saved it goes to to Gallery by default so choose to save in Graphics folder or Tones folder or make one up.then from here its just a matter of setting ur profile or ringtone to the one u just sent urself by email. voila :cool:
p.s. there are no cables as of yet since the ones for the 3595's don't quite fit properly as the place on the back of the phones are not at the same spot.i haven't heard of anyone modding their 3595 cable to fit but there is that possibility since the insides of the two models are probably the same.

mrbernie
09-11-2004, 12:00 PM
i also have 6010 and cannot read attachments... my phone is unlocked... does the above work for you mat??? what am i doing wrong? i am just emailing with no subject or title, with the attachment, from my web browser... do i need a special program to email in mms mode? thank you so much