PDA

View Full Version : Mind ready to explode

fivele
17-09-2004, 01:54 PM
Please can someone help

I have a flasher cable set, all DCT3/4 ps2 with a COM end. A use a serial port adapter to the this end and the LPT port.

I am trying to use Rolis, I have tried to use XP ( and Userport) and cant configure it.

I have also tried windows ME however when I select the button to back up my phone all I get is the errror message Phone needs to be powered off. I have treid this with no phone connected and still the same message.

i have also tried Knok and get cant initilise phone

What am I doing wrong, do I need anything else?

sigbin
17-09-2004, 05:40 PM
i think you just need to check the connection as there could be loose contact somewhere. your cable might be defective. try to prioritize checking the mbus side

mestrini
17-09-2004, 08:41 PM
If the ps2 cable end in a RS-232 (COM) lead then you probably have an MBUS cable and not a flasher cable. I don't think the adapter will do you much good

try to connect the phone and the cable to the COM port and with phone ON try to read its info with a nokia tool like Rolis 1.9. If it can read then you have an MBUS cable for sure :)

fivele
20-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Thanx

But I have seen pics ov the flasher set and it looks just like the one I have, how can i tell for sure. I mean most of the leads plug into the back of the phone under the battery.

If these are not flasher cables are they usless to me cos I know i need another cablemto set the faid after flashing, or can these be converted to flashers.

Cheers

mestrini
20-09-2004, 05:23 PM
Why don't you go through the FAQ's section? I'm sure you'd get better answers than the ones we can provider. There are a lot of great tuts.

Still, what counts isn't the lead that plugs to the phone but where it connects to in the computer. If it goes to the LPT port, then you have a flasher, if it goes to the COM port, then you have an MBUS/FBUS cable.

Flasher cables are used only to upload firmware to phone (load the flash memory chip) and MBUS cables are used to update FAID, change IMEI, load ringtones and logos, unhide menus, and some other features

hope you got it

just to finish, check this site... one best tuts ;)

http://www.unlockme.co.uk/unlockme.html

cheers