PDA

View Full Version : how hard is it to change nk5510 radio from mono to stereo?

liteFun
01-10-2002, 05:30 PM
i would like to listen radio full stereo, as my friend told that in new phones has stereo radio.

has anybody changed that part?

and one thing nokia didn't do.. RDS.

caleb_2
01-10-2002, 08:25 PM
humm... I thought the 5510 always comes with stereo radio :confused:
mine did and I bought it with software v3.42 (got it some time around spring this year). and usually I get stereo radio channels, if the reception is getting bad it usually fades into mono automatically, pretty nifty feature I think (or maybe it's just me tripping on some stupid sh** and thinking it's stereo :D)
and yeah, it sucks that nokia didn't do RDS, wouldn't have been to expensive I guess... *grr*

btw... you wouldn't happen to know how to repair the mp3-memory? :D still haven't gotten that f$=%ing thing to work :(

liteFun
02-10-2002, 04:39 PM
no idea for your memory problem :(

well, i had good reception but still everything in mono, that's why i ask.
not sure what version i had when bought, 3.42-3.50.
but there can be differences too in radio receiver, not only other components.

haven't opened a while my phone, so don't know what is that radio chip and is that all-in-one type?

somebody told me how easy it is today build own radio, only needed thing is one chip, antenna and battery. + some switches to make it search frequencies.
and that are so cheap that no need to buy mono chip when you can buy stere almost same price.

edit: just read that it really is stereo.
so.. it will fuck up because that stupid earphoneantennasystemthing.

nobody knows how to make proper antenna for that kind of radio and not using earphones?