PDA

View Full Version : 6230 firmware 3.15

tartantt
25-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Hi Folks,

Sorry to be a pain but I need an answer to an old question. Using *#0000# my phone reports the firmware as 3.15. Now I know there is chat on the forum about 4.23. What is the latest stable firware release for the Nokia 6230 and do i need to go to a Nokia dealer to get my phone flashed and upgraded to a newer forware version.

I have problems with:-

- have to re-enter time and date after charge

Please help a confused non-tech phone user.

Chris

Andrew911
25-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Im think new version have some bugs or try to Factory Reset.

biMbb
25-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Hi Folks,

Sorry to be a pain but I need an answer to an old question. Using *#0000# my phone reports the firmware as 3.15. Now I know there is chat on the forum about 4.23. What is the latest stable firware release for the Nokia 6230 and do i need to go to a Nokia dealer to get my phone flashed and upgraded to a newer forware version.

I have problems with:-

- have to re-enter time and date after charge

Please help a confused non-tech phone user.

Chris

4.28 is relased at 2004 06 24, it fixes most of the bugs in 3.15 so bring your phone to an official nokia dealer and they will flash your phone. as far as i know the newest software is 4.43 which isnt avaibale yet (at least here, in hungary). but you have nothing to lose, bring your phone to a nokia dealer, and tell them you want a new firmware, thats all, its free if you have your warranty card with you

tartantt
27-09-2004, 05:09 PM
4.28 is relased at 2004 06 24, it fixes most of the bugs in 3.15 so bring your phone to an official nokia dealer and they will flash your phone. as far as i know the newest software is 4.43 which isnt avaibale yet (at least here, in hungary). but you have nothing to lose, bring your phone to a nokia dealer, and tell them you want a new firmware, thats all, its free if you have your warranty card with you

many thanks. once again this forum has proved invaluable.