PDA

View Full Version : Install App on 3105

marcelohst
27-09-2004, 03:03 AM
Does any one knows how to install applications on 3105 CDMA model. It seems that Nokia PC Suite has a block against it.

Tks.

benzor
11-12-2004, 01:25 PM
use oxygen phone manager (or is it oxygene?) look on google you can download a trial version which allows installs of apps and it works with eh dku-5 cable.

Thanh
20-12-2004, 08:57 AM
Hi there :)

Since the 3105 is a CDMA model, it is a bit tricky to work with those. Oxygen will most likely not support it!

But you can download the correct version of PC Suite to work with your 3105. Get version 6.4 from the following link:

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,64159,00.html

According to the website, this version has the "Nokia Application Installer" available and compatible with the 3105, amongs many others.

Now what would interest me, if it could be used with the 3105's here in Thailand? Those are provided from our only CDMA carrier "Hutch" and in those phones the "Applications" Menu is not available! As is the WAP menu, simply not there because those phones are offered on a no-data plan.

Does your 3105 have the R-UIM function or is it a programmed one (i.e. do you have a SIM in it or none?) If it's with SIM, is it possible at your location to buy those phones without SIM (i.e. only the phone but with working SIM slot)? Because i would like to find out if it could be used with mine data-enabled Hutch SIM (correctly in CDMA: "R-UIM") and would be glad if you could help me out telling me what country you are in and how much such phone would cost there, new or second hand. ONLY if the R-UIM can be used!!

Kindest regards.....

your Thanh

Thanh
20-12-2004, 09:03 AM
Hello again :)

I forgot this. I would also be interested in finding out the same information about the Nokia 6185 (the CDMA version of the 6610, 100% identical look). Is it available at your location with working R-UIM slot, yet can be bought without R-UIM? At what price?

This could be a business opportunity since that phone is not available in Thailand and i would be interested in eventually importing a smaller number of them in case they would work on the Hutch network here in Thailand and would be able to use Hutch's data facilities as well.

Kindest regards.....

Thanh