PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6100 USB drivers.

kurtisdraven
28-09-2004, 06:24 AM
Hey guys,

Got a DKU-2 cable from my Nokia 6230 and it fits my mums 6100. She wants ringtones and that put on, and some pics taken off etc etc so I was wondering where I can get the usb drivers? I've got nokia PC suite, I assume it works with all nokias if you have the usb drivers?

Regards,
KD.

biMbb
29-09-2004, 01:55 PM
Hey guys,

Got a DKU-2 cable from my Nokia 6230 and it fits my mums 6100. She wants ringtones and that put on, and some pics taken off etc etc so I was wondering where I can get the usb drivers? I've got nokia PC suite, I assume it works with all nokias if you have the usb drivers?

Regards,
KD.

Nokia 6100 is compatible with dku-5 (check nokias webpage). you can try but i don't think it will work.

nowhereman
16-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Not nice!!

As I found out, my 6100 is not working with the dku 2 cable..... I got one from my old 3300 and was very disappointed when windows said, "access denied!!" So that means i have to buy a DKU 5 cable, which is not cheap,(about $55 here in the middle east). Cant nokia just makes things a bit more compatible for each other man?? The 6100 ad the 3300 has exactly the same cable connection, and what a waste. I was very disappointed with the 3300 and now with my 6100. I dont expect the cable to make me coffee, but come on, I am spending alot of money on accessories for my phones!!

Quote: "If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside."
Robert X. Cringely.

Thanx for a informative site guys!

Nowhereman

eabeukes
19-11-2004, 01:08 PM
Whats the difference between the two? I can't see that the actual cable could store any form of firmware - maybe they have differebt pinouts that the phone recognises? The dku-5 has a long usb end and the dku-2 has a short usb end. I've got the same issue with my 7610 and 6100. Will get the 5 driver and see if I can hack the two.

nowhereman
21-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Ok ok, I finally went and bought the DKU 5 and it worked! For about $40 I found a non original cable that has it moments. (The original nokia cable cost about $50-$60 here) Its true as u said that the DKU 2 has a short USB end and the DKU 5 a long USB end. As far as I understood, the DKU 5 has some electronic goodies inside,(thats why it is longer) and makes it possible to upload images and other stuff to my 6100 unlike the DKU 2 that only made it possible to transfer music to my 3300. So far so good.

(Quote) The only way to make your PC go faster is to throw it out a window.
-- Robert Paul