PDA

View Full Version : How to flash Chinese language pack into UK C350?

nowgsm
30-09-2004, 03:02 PM
I have a UK C350, I flash it with many firmwares without problem. However, after flashing it with Chinese language pack firmware (whether simplified and traditional Chinese), the phone just can't power on (keep in flash mode). I must flash it back to other language packs in order to get it back to work again. I wonder if it's because of hardware different between Europe and Asia C350?

Jwpara
01-10-2004, 02:02 AM
Is not hardware difference as far as I know , the sw concept is differit only , but yes some of the motorola european phones not support chiness flashes.Consider also that chiness flash files are mostly bigger then european ones.

Regards,

nowgsm
01-10-2004, 08:26 AM
Is not hardware difference as far as I know , the sw concept is differit only , but yes some of the motorola european phones not support chiness flashes.Consider also that chiness flash files are mostly bigger then european ones.

Regards,

If it's not hardware difference, how would a european C350 can't acccept Chinese flash file?

Jwpara
01-10-2004, 11:20 PM
Technically it should accept, but you will need a full rewrite the sw from the phone, which again technically is a little bit difficult. If you are really interested in this then I can assume that your question is more deeply, then to write completely one phone.

Regards,

nowgsm
02-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Technically it should accept, but you will need a full rewrite the sw from the phone, which again technically is a little bit difficult. If you are really interested in this then I can assume that your question is more deeply, then to write completely one phone.

Regards,

Do you mean I need a full flash? If yes, where can I find it?
Thanks!

Jwpara
11-10-2004, 10:40 PM
Are not only about to rewrite a full flash, you needed to do also some other changes!

Regards,