PDA

View Full Version : Reading Imsi & Ki

Blootoon
02-10-2002, 05:14 PM
Hi, I am trying to clone a UK BT Cellnet (Now O2) sim card. The card is quite a few years old.

When I load up sim scan I can do all the functions up to F4, but when I try to read the IMSI & KI using F5 it starts to read then performs an illegal operation. I am running sim scan from an MS-DOS promt in windows if that makes any difference.

I am using a SmartLink programmer set to use Phoenix on 3.5 mhz, I just noticed this jumper setting a few minutes ago as the writing next to is is quite hidden. There is 3 other jumpers for EM and SM settings, they are all on SM. Is this ok?

I have heard that sim scan doesnt like AMD processors, and that is all that I use so i do not have access to a pentium to try it.

Any ideas? I am completely new to sim cloning.

Thanks,
Steven

Blootoon
03-10-2002, 03:02 AM
I have tried to read the IMSI & KI again to include a screenshot of what is happening. And I just remembered that I renamed PAR3.bin to PAR2.bin, would this work? It seemed to get me past the error...

Manipulator
03-10-2002, 03:58 AM
1. par3.bin is par3.bin,you cant just rename it to par2.bin.
par2.bin will generate it self when you do first time scan for KI.if it not generate it self,than you have to find some way to get the file.

2. have you disable the pin1 request before you run scan.

hope this can help.

good luck.

Manipulator
03-10-2002, 04:00 AM
i think the card reader have to set to smartmouse mode to read simcard.

good luck.

Blootoon
03-10-2002, 04:16 AM
Ok thanks for the help. I will try that now. I cant remove the pin1 as I do not have a phone that is unlocked to that network at the moment as my unlocked nokia got stolen. Will just entering the pin in hte program when prompted work? Or will I have to borrow a phone to disable it? As I can't really wait to get it working as this will be my first successful attemp if it works...

Thanks again
Steven

Manipulator
03-10-2002, 04:44 AM
it is better you get a phone to disable it.or download cardinal program to do it,or other smardcard program that can disable pin request.