PDA

View Full Version : 6800 Firmware updating

midway
02-10-2004, 06:02 PM
I got a nokia 6800 from a friend lately, it was originally a T-Mobile phone here in the states, I unlocked it and am using it with at&t wireless and it works quite well for voice calls. The only problem is that mmode doesn't work which makes sense since it was a t-mobile phone and all the gprs stuff seems to be hardcoded into the firmware. I was wondering who/what I would need to contact (or if i could do it myself) to flash it with factory original 6800 firmware, or even firmware from an at&t branded 6800.

biMbb
05-10-2004, 04:51 PM
I got a nokia 6800 from a friend lately, it was originally a T-Mobile phone here in the states, I unlocked it and am using it with at&t wireless and it works quite well for voice calls. The only problem is that mmode doesn't work which makes sense since it was a t-mobile phone and all the gprs stuff seems to be hardcoded into the firmware. I was wondering who/what I would need to contact (or if i could do it myself) to flash it with factory original 6800 firmware, or even firmware from an at&t branded 6800.

I dont know what is mmode but you can delete "gprs stuffs" with *#delset# (*#335738#), if it wont work there is a hard reset code which is *#7780# i think it will delete everything from phone's memory so better do a full backup before using this code. if neither helps, bring the phone to a gsm store to flash it for a charge..