PDA

View Full Version : REGARDING NOKIA 7600 V4.05 + unlock

jc2
03-10-2004, 12:49 PM
First of all hi guys, being new to this forum I hope that I'm in the right section! Please move the tread if it isn't.

Anyway, one thing I would like to clear up - is there any difference between unlocking and hardware resetting? I've heard that unlocking a nokia 7600 may not allow you to pick up 2G signals as the 3 phones are always looking for 3G signals, therefore a hardware reset is also required...is this right?

I have a Nokia 7600 firmware v4.05 (I think this is the latest firmware) that is on 3 Pay. I would like to put a T-mobile sim into it and be sure that the signal will be ok AFTER everything is done. What is the process from start to finish?

I have heard that problems have arisen with unlocking these phones as they do not unlock with normal code settings used for previous 7600 firmware versions.

I have the opportunity to take it to some market stall and they said they'd do it (unlock it), but I'm not sure if they are aware that it may need a hardware reset. Basically I trust you guys more than him!

Any help would be appreciated, cheers

jc2

browntoa
03-10-2004, 03:49 PM
I used the crux calc to do mine but had to change the box serial number to

32779 from 33820 to get the correct code so the settings should be

ASIC7
and then change V2 to custom and enter the above 32779

I used code 7 and it worked for me, but have read on another forum that someone else had to put 32821, but try mine first as it worked

I have had an O2 sim in mine all day and it has not tried to switch networks but if you get problems you need to get someone to do a phone reset (I have found a guy in London who will do it for a £10) to give you back a hidden menu option to stop it trying to switch to 3g...worst case they can do the unlock at the same time :D

jucks
23-10-2004, 12:39 PM
helped unlock me 7600 on 3

jataayu
30-10-2004, 11:25 PM
Hello Browntoa,

I want to fix the phone in O2 network (Hardware resetting). I would be very happy if you could guide me where to get it done. It can be very helpful if you give me the person's contact details in London so that I can talk to him about it.

Thank you for your help.

Jataayu