PDA

View Full Version : 3200 and ufone can it works

bababango
05-10-2004, 09:13 PM
i have 3200 and ufone post paid connection service provider says that our network (ufone ) doesnt support the GPRS service on 3200 because it has edge and we dont currently support it can any tell me that is there any chance to make wap working on 32oo nokia with ufone (pakistan)

ufone with c100 and nokia 3100 is tested by me from my won wap site it works perfectly and can download too but 3200 disappoints me
any help please

farsh2002
06-10-2004, 04:27 AM
Hi!
You can use WAP not only via GPRS chanel it's possible to do via GSM.
Check Your phone settings.

GoodLuck!

bababango
06-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi!
You can use WAP not only via GPRS chanel it's possible to do via GSM.
Check Your phone settings.

GoodLuck!

hay farsh i have the following settings of net works

home page http://wap.ufone.com
session permenent
sercurity off
data bearer gprs
gprs access piont ufone.wap
ip address 172.16.13.26
authentication type normal
login type automatic
username ufone or (blank)= no name
password ufone or (blank)= no pass

now ar u saying that i must set the data bearer --> gsm and this will works ?

the above settings are working fine for me on nokia 3100 and c100 ,x100 samsung

but not working on nokia 3200 (is edge the reason ?) can edge create the problem accessing wap on same network, its also a extended form of GPRS and should have to work its just like we have lan 10 mbps in PC (like gprs in wire less net ) and lan 1000 mbps in Pc ( like edge or wifi in wireless net)
i mean to say its extension of speed of net work why it should not be working on edge ????? weared please make me clear farsh !!

farsh2002
07-10-2004, 06:50 AM
Hi again.

You said
the above settings are working fine for me on nokia 3100 and c100 ,x100 samsung but
network (ufone ) doesnt support the GPRS service on 3200 because it has edge and we dont currently support it

So I'm affraid You can't use GPRS.

But I think You can use WAP via GSM data.

Try to change settings
data bearer gprs to GSM data
Also You must enter phone number of Your provider. (Call Your operator and ask settings)

GoodLuck!

bababango
17-10-2004, 08:29 PM
hayfrash i got it working finally

how

well i was browsing someforums to get the idea that how i browse the net whileusing the ufone and edge on the phone on one forum i got the answer they said that edge phone does only need to know the apn hence i tried the same thing just and its working and downloding fine makes me so much happy that i can also browse on my nokia 3200

any way farsh thanks again take care

farsh2002
18-10-2004, 08:36 PM
Happy to hear this!

:smile: :smile: :smile: