PDA

View Full Version : ringtone problem

laleas
02-10-2002, 08:47 PM
Hi,
I tried to change the factory ringtones in my 6210 5.56 using PPMEdit 1.0a for .re and Flashtone 2.10 by ICE Dragon for .txt and .rtx. Although I didn't change Alarm clock tone and messages tones, the only thing that happens in the last tingtones is having the phone vibrating. Only the popup tone is working.
Is there something I can do about that?

Thanks,
Nick.

tempe
31-10-2002, 07:38 AM
I'm having the problem too. My first attempt to change the factory ringtone in my 6210 caused my sms tone gone. I was using ppmedit. My second attempt using ppmmanager and fix crc using chkfixer, the ringtone name looks like worm. Anyone can help?

theremoids
31-10-2002, 09:51 AM
don't use ppmedit and flashtone... use hex workshop... copy/paste the binary tones... if it's a rtttl, use the rtttl to re converter.

that's what i did with my 6210>6250.

tempe
31-10-2002, 10:50 AM
Do you fix the crc after you paste the tone using hex workshop?

Finn
31-10-2002, 02:09 PM
This is my method in changing factory tones without any bug..you upload the rtx(rttl) tone using Mygnoki...Then using get binary function you get the ringtone in hex..copy only the tones.. and replace them inside the PPM (edit with HEx workshop).Then save the file and Update all PPM CRCs with PPM manager..it works fine..
But allways you need to redefine the PPM lenght and TONES chunk lenght

laleas
31-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Hi!
I've been hearing for time now that u replace the factory ringtones with your own via Hex editor. My problem is that when i try to replace a tone with a bigger one the file is getting bigger so i can't flash it back. Do i have to delete any bytes from the end of the file?

Nick

NokiaPhreak
01-11-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by laleas
Hi!
I've been hearing for time now that u replace the factory ringtones with your own via Hex editor. My problem is that when i try to replace a tone with a bigger one the file is getting bigger so i can't flash it back. Do i have to delete any bytes from the end of the file?

Nick

Hi, I think I need to made it more clear,:).

ok, first you need PPMManager (http://nokiafree.org/forums/download.php?file=PPMManager091.zip&phone=Nokia/) , open your flash file, and select the export flash. Open the tone.fls file, edit those ringtone you want, remeber each ringtone length must can be divided by 4, after changing those ringtone you want, then press ctrl-A or select all the hex code, verify that the whole hexcode or file length is also can divided by 4 and then update the tone flash length in the begining of the tone flash file. I can tell you or giving you picture where is the place to update the code length, but you can find out yourself, before making any change in the tone flash file, try to select all and write down the length and find the value in the begining of the tone flash file.

Please forgive my bad english. :)

hope that help.

laleas
01-11-2002, 11:44 AM
Thanks NokiaPhreak, u really creared things out.;)

Nick

Kontact
02-11-2002, 01:30 AM
or u could try to d/l the kxdemo...

regards,