PDA

View Full Version : Forget Ericsson T68's, have a colour screen with your 8310

Veron
03-10-2002, 07:04 AM
Any Nokia 8310 owners out there I suggest you do this, I was looking for information on flipping my lcd screen to invert the colours when I come across a novel idea;

what you do is open up the phone, undo the two screws at the top and pop off the 6 little plastic rivet type things holding the protective plate on around the screen, then you gently lift up the lcd screen and place a picture the size of the hole into the space, this picture can be of anything, your girlfriend, your car, your football teams crest, basically anything you like!!!! then assemble your phone again and turn it on.

The picture is illuminated by the white lights on the phone to give you what appears to be a colour screen, forget your crappy Ericsson's, have a colour screen on your Nokia and be the envy of all those fools with the T68

NokiaFX
03-10-2002, 12:32 PM
Thats been around for some time...
Wouldnt really recommend it on a new phone such as the 8310 though, can do it with nearly any phone, its not exactly the same as the T68 or Samsung T100 backgrounds because those you can actually change whenever you want quickly and easily

Veron
03-10-2002, 03:08 PM
I know now that it has been around for some time but if I wasnt looking for the info on how to flip my lcd screen I wouldnt have known about this, and I know many people who visit the sight will not know of this trick in the same way I didnt, and when you say it works on all phones have you tried it on a phone with a green screen, it doesnt look good as all the colours in the picture do not illuminate in the same way, this goes for phones with red, orange and hyper blue l.e.d.'s, the reason it works so well on an 8310 and the main reason I highlighted the 8310 as the phone to do it on was the fact that the phones l.e.d.'s are bright enough, and white enough to show the true colours in the picture.

P.S. - It takes me less than a minute to change the background picture in my 8310 because once I popped of the rivits there was no way of putting them back on so the protectvie plate above the screen is held on by 2 screws and 2 clips!!!!!

NokiaFX
03-10-2002, 03:16 PM
Im sorry I wasnt having a go at you...

The reason I actually said dont try it on your 8310 is because they actually do suffer from quite a few problems, doing this will most likely void your warranty... you dont actually have to use a colour picture though a black and white one will look cool too depending on what you use :)

Veron
03-10-2002, 03:53 PM
I know you werent having a go at me I just wanted to explain why I posted the idea again, my friend who has got hyper blue l.e.d's in his phone is designing a logo for his phone in black and white so I am just waiting for him to get back to me then I will be able to see how they look

KnokKnok
06-10-2002, 03:53 PM
You can do nothing with your 8310. Black is black. Even you put the beautiful picture background (we call it acetate) still it will only block you text. If you want color then buy the T68, 7210, T300 or Samsung. But my favorite is the Sony Ericsson T300.