PDA

View Full Version : unable to delete files in 6230

RainTroPez
12-10-2004, 03:54 PM
i have a problem here..i can't delete some of the files in the phone's gallery from the phone nor from my PC..it says file is read only..can someone help me?And does 6230 hav a master reset optioN?or any other options which can format the phone's memory?

tzeonn
12-10-2004, 04:36 PM
restore factory options : *#7780# (works for all/most nokias)

RainTroPez
12-10-2004, 06:39 PM

i tried before..
restore factory options DOES NOT delete files in the gallery..it only resets your setting to default...

can somebody help me here?

mike_wall15
12-10-2004, 08:23 PM
i have a problem here..i can't delete some of the files in the phone's gallery from the phone nor from my PC..it says file is read only..can someone help me?And does 6230 hav a master reset optioN?or any other options which can format the phone's memory?

Sometimes, if files are in use by the phone, eg set as a background image, then you have to alter this before deleting.

However, with your problem, it sounds like you are trying to delete some of the factory tones and images. I don't think this is possible :???:

RainTroPez
13-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Sometimes, if files are in use by the phone, eg set as a background image, then you have to alter this before deleting.

However, with your problem, it sounds like you are trying to delete some of the factory tones and images. I don't think this is possible :???:

i want to delete files(images and tones) which i uploaded to the phone NOT delete the factory tones and images..

RainTroPez
14-10-2004, 10:06 AM
anyone?plz helppp

kirana
18-10-2004, 12:48 PM
It happened to me yesterday...but got it delete after i restarted the phone..try it..

RainTroPez
18-10-2004, 01:27 PM
It happened to me yesterday...but got it delete after i restarted the phone..try it..

Lucky you...not me..tried though

niggit
18-10-2004, 03:50 PM

it should say it is read onlu would u like to delete and just click yes if not then have u tried on your pc to right click the file properties and then untick read only, click apply then ok. then try and delete

biMbb
21-10-2004, 08:04 PM

there are some files you cant delete normally just with reflashing, it seems those files are in this category :-x

RainTroPez
22-10-2004, 08:34 AM
it should say it is read onlu would u like to delete and just click yes if not then have u tried on your pc to right click the file properties and then untick read only, click apply then ok. then try and delete

i tried the file properties and i cant untick the read only..

dfgh11
02-07-2005, 04:02 AM

When I do that it asks for a security code. What should I type in?