PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6230 : Help ! Help !! Help !!!

ravipsharma
14-10-2004, 07:06 PM
Hi,

I brought this mobile one month back and i am facing the following problems :

1. During the calls, the phone gets disconnected several times. And the issue of network is not involved as the signals are adequate and it happens in various areas of my city.

2. Many times sms received are getting converted in junk characters. Sender's mobile number changes and the date of sending shows sometimes in April, 2000. And its not from one sender.. several senders.

3. Batttery life in stand by mode lasts hardly 24 hours. Talk time maximum 2 hours.

It has version 3.15. Can any expert help me out. I checked up with Nokia care but no solution !!!
:evil:

Crux
14-10-2004, 07:16 PM
erm. some details about the phone first.

is it new or used?

did u try to update version already?

BobRob
14-10-2004, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a dodgey software version or hardware defect. Try a factory reset but I doubt that will do much. I suggest you send it to your local Nokia Centre and ask them to have a look at it for you.

ravipsharma
15-10-2004, 05:47 PM
This is brand new mobile i purchased in Sep'04 manufactured in Mar'04. I visited Nokia Service Centre and I was suggested to update software.

biMbb
21-10-2004, 07:40 PM
This is brand new mobile i purchased in Sep'04 manufactured in Mar'04. I visited Nokia Service Centre and I was suggested to update software.

yes new sw fixes some bugs but there are no bugs like this you said before, its a hardware problem. or try what they suggested, and if its not working bring it back and tell them you've done it but it still bad