PDA

View Full Version : kill or fix checksum/FAID

r_oneill15
15-10-2004, 10:52 AM
when should you kill a checksum or FAID??
and when should you fix it?
does it have the same effect upon flashing?

ShadoW2004
15-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Fix all checksumms before flashing or you will have "Contact Service"!
Here is one nice tool for it.

NokDoc
15-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Hi,

Good question. ;)

When upgrading with a default factory flash, no need for any recalc or disabling.

When U do modding in mcu, U need to recalc both mcu & flash checksums.

If those were being disabled before in this file, U no need to do this recalc.

When U do modding in ppm areas, U must recalc all ppm checks and the flash checksum.

Recalc is definately needed then, even when Ur (mcu & flash) checks were disabled before.

Simply since the ppm checksums are not being disabled while doing the disable checksums.

The effect of disabling is actually the same as doing the recalcing.

But there is one big difference which U can notice after the flashing.

If Ur phone once had a file with disabled checksums, U never need to do the setfaid command on mbus more as once.

While on recalced files, U must set this faid command everytime U changed something in the file.

NokDoc

chisti_2k
18-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Hi

Would you pls tell me how to disable or kill and recalculate the Checksum/FAID ? I am using UFS3 (sarasoft). I have another question, how to determine the MCU file and PPM file of DCT4 ? Pls help me. I am a very new user , so I do not know everything. Any website offering this kind of knowledge, kindly suggest me.

Kontact
19-10-2004, 03:42 PM
Hi,

UFS3... i think this device could be using the wintesla flash file format in flashing ? ( sorry, i not have UFS3 )

if not. u can just d/l genolite by g3gg0 there it has options for the question u asked.

in DCT3 there r 2 kind of flash file

1. wintesla flash file format
2. Flash file

only diff is that 1. has those extra flash file header blocks. ( 8-9 bytes )

hope this helps u understand a bit.

regards

r_oneill15
20-10-2004, 04:03 PM
Hi,

Good question. ;)

When upgrading with a default factory flash, no need for any recalc or disabling.

When U do modding in mcu, U need to recalc both mcu & flash checksums.

If those were being disabled before in this file, U no need to do this recalc.

When U do modding in ppm areas, U must recalc all ppm checks and the flash checksum.

Recalc is definately needed then, even when Ur (mcu & flash) checks were disabled before.

Simply since the ppm checksums are not being disabled while doing the disable checksums.

The effect of disabling is actually the same as doing the recalcing.

But there is one big difference which U can notice after the flashing.

If Ur phone once had a file with disabled checksums, U never need to do the setfaid command on mbus more as once.

While on recalced files, U must set this faid command everytime U changed something in the file.

NokDoc

TNX NokDoc