PDA

View Full Version : Theme Studio

saxoking
18-10-2004, 02:57 PM
Hi Guys
I have been trying to make Themes for my 6600 with theme studio but when Im finished How do I rename the theme I made.I renamed it by right clicking on the mouse but when I transfered the sis file to my phone it read Theme0.
cheers

coolice00
18-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Hi,

It's easy once you know how, but not as straight forward as just renaming the .SIS file.

No doubt you've explored your PC's hard drive where the theme's are stored and seen the individual folders for each theme? If not they will normally be in C : - Program Files - Theme Studio - Data - Skinsdir

Once inside the folder open the folder of the theme you've created which you want to rename.
Inside rename the .SIS file, then rename the TDF file also. Almost done one more place needs changing.
Now open this TDF file with Notepad, you will notice a lot of code almost like an HTML document. Basically this is the file which tells the Theme Studio what item goes where.
You will see a line similar to this :

<skin type="normal" protect="disablecopy" screensaver="" name1="Coolice_001" package="Coolice_001" author="Ian Contessa - Coolice">

You also need to change whats in the inverted comma's behind 'name1' & 'package'.
Once you have done this save the changes. Now open up Theme Studio once more, double click that theme and click 'create SIS'. THis will remake the sis file with your new name.

Sounds a long process but it isn't really, it's just me trying to explain it as good as I can.

Hope this helps?

Ian

yuppo
18-10-2004, 11:14 PM
Or once you've made the theme in Theme Studio you could open it in the other theme program (I forget if it's called Theme Editor or Theme Maker) and rename it using that, if you already have the prog it's a much easier option.

saxoking
19-10-2004, 03:06 PM
Another problem If I have taken a photo of something what can I use to make it smaller to fit into a theme.The themes are for a n6600.

Thanks for your help guys :)

coolice00
19-10-2004, 04:59 PM
Hi,

Almost any photo manipulation program will allow you to resize a picture, I use Paintshop PRO 8 for all my photo editing.
The basic paint program with windows will even do it for you, but I am sure you will have a better program than that already.

For wallpapers the size is 176x144.
For full screen and theme backgrounds etc. it is 176x208

Ian

saxoking
20-10-2004, 03:46 PM
@ coolice00
When I put the size in the resize boxes,If I put the 176 in the width then put 208 in the height when I put the 208 in the width changes what am I doing wrong.
cheers

coolice00
21-10-2004, 01:07 AM
@ coolice00
When I put the size in the resize boxes,If I put the 176 in the width then put 208 in the height when I put the 208 in the width changes what am I doing wrong.
cheers

Hi,

Yeah, whats happening is the photo program your using is trying to keep the "Aspect Ratio" the same. Basically it's trying to keep the photo in proportion, instead of having it stretched in one axis only which would distort the photo.
You can turn this function off, but then the photo may look real bad if it stretches to much.
Remember to be just a wallpaper it has to be 176x132 (176x144 works to I think). To be full screen, if you want to use it in a theme if your making one, then 176x208 is best.

What I do when making theme's and searching for a good picture is to get a 'Landscape' layout one rather than a Portrait, as it allows me to resize in the vertical plane to fit my screen and still have the sides.

It's difficult to explain, the best thing is to play around within your prefered paint program and see what you get.
Best advice, if your using a picture you like make a copy of it first ;)

Ian