PDA

View Full Version : TomTom_S60_Full_SymBoSS

Real_CHiP
18-10-2004, 11:47 PM
It's out together with the Benelux map. Goto #aivanet or #symbian-xdcc to get it...

BizzyRok
19-10-2004, 01:20 AM
how would i put the london map in this new tomtom app

ommer
19-10-2004, 07:30 AM
i downloaded it and when ever i try it on my ngage it says "system error". is this because it is not for the ngage or because of something else? :-?

Gray
20-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Works with Nokia 6600, Orange SPV-E200 and
Qtek 8080, with more compatible phones
available soon

Reddeer2000
20-10-2004, 07:01 PM
It also works with Nokia 7610 and a lot of GPS-mice.
All other S60-phones get the " system-error" but we're working on it.
You can import all maps from TT3 Navigator.

Reddeer2000

McF_182
21-10-2004, 04:43 AM
It also works with Nokia 7610 and a lot of GPS-mice.
All other S60-phones get the " system-error" but we're working on it.
You can import all maps from TT3 Navigator.

Reddeer2000

Do you know what folder to put them under? I have TomTom 2 Nav. will it work as well?

Reddeer2000
21-10-2004, 04:59 AM
Hi,

I don't know, if the maps from TT2 will also work ? But you can try it.
Here is how to place it on the MMC :

e:\TomTom\ (*.dat, *.vif, *.chk, *.22k)
e:\sytem\apps\ttmobile\ (*.aif, *.app, *.dll, *.mbm, *.rsc)
e:\Deutschland-F-Map\ (*.dat, *.pr3, *.bfl, *.mid, *.pna)

Best regards
Reddeer2000

Gray
22-10-2004, 03:19 PM
Ok installed everything, the program works, the map works, but he don't recognize my gps receiver :-?

It's a emtac cruxII, It should be suported

route 66 works

Reddeer2000
22-10-2004, 03:23 PM
Have you the cracked *.app for TTmobile ?

Gray
22-10-2004, 03:33 PM
I downloaded it from mirc, its the Symbos release.
I pressume its cracked , It says TTMOBILE.app 897.99k

Real_CHiP
23-10-2004, 01:28 AM
The symboss release has a text file with gps units that work... Read it....

coolice00
23-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Ok installed everything, the program works, the map works, but he don't recognize my gps receiver :-?

It's a emtac cruxII, It should be suported

route 66 works

Hi,

With TomTom it is supposed to only owrk with the genuine TomTom GPS unit. But, just tonight I have read in another forum that you need to rename the GPS unit your using to TomTom and it works.
Read this thread : http://www.myseries60.net/viewtopic.php?t=5926

Worth a go, hope it works for you.

Listed GPS units supported :
SysOnChip Serial GPS
SysOnChip GPS
CF Plus StreetNav iGPS
Scania Falcom A3D
Rikaline GPS-6010
PRETEC CompactGPS-LP
PRETEC CompactGPS
Pocket Track
Pocket CoPilot
GPS Jacket
Pharos iGPS-180
NAVMAN GPS100
NAVMAN GPS3000
NAVMAN GPS1000
Holux GM-270 CF
Holux GM-210
Holux GM-200
Haicom GPS
GNS gpsCard CF II
Garmin GPSIII
Garmin GPS12
Garmin Etrex
Emtac Wireless GPS
Emtac GPSJAQ
Emtac CRUX GPS
Destinator GPS
DeLORME TripMate
Ambicom GPS-CF
TomTom GPS (iPAQ Sleeve)
TomTom Navigator GPS
Simulator SysOnChip GPS port
CF_CARD GENERIC EMTAC GPSJAQ CFGPS
Rikaline 6030

I've just brought a TomTom GPS unit and waiting for bidding to close on a 512k RS-MMC to try these navigation apps out. Hope mine works to :(

Ian

The Wiep
31-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Hi,

on #aivanet you will find a file named ttmobile_gps_hack_provided_by_yim_hacked_by_lolailo
which will make TTM support all gps units
it works perfect now on my 7610 with the Royaltek RBT-1000 from Route66
:)

coolice00
31-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Hi,

on #aivanet you will find a file named ttmobile_gps_hack_provided_by_yim_hacked_by_lolailo

Hi Mate,

Or here : http://www.myseries60.net/viewtopic.php?t=5926&start=20 (Scroll down) for those without IRC access :)

I'm glad to hear it works ok, that will make it more accessable to others now and for cheaper GPS units.

Ian

momagic
31-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Hi,

it works on your 7610? i couldnt get it to work! how did you do it? i cant even plan a route! it seems to freeze, but if i hold the menu key go into task manager and go back into ttmobile it goes to the next screeen (if you know what i mean) :?:

The Wiep
31-10-2004, 11:48 PM
Hi coolice,
I'm a member myself of myseries60 (good site by the way)
but the site seemed to be down today and I did get the files first from #aivanet :)

<attachment removed>

tzeonn : read rules, no cracks uploads.

The Wiep
31-10-2004, 11:52 PM
oh yeah momagic, almost forgot to reply m8 ;)
I just did as instructed in the nfo of the symboss release, copy all the folders to the right location - restart the phone
also copy a map to the root of the mmc (as instructed in the nfo that came with the map, to a specified folder)
then rename the BT mouse to TomTom Wireless
turn on BT and start the app
tried a route once and it worked, will try more this week I guess

try to determine which one is best
Route66 or TomTom :)

coolice00
01-11-2004, 01:04 PM
[QUOTE=The Wiep]Hi coolice,
I'm a member myself of myseries60 (good site by the way)
but the site seemed to be down today and I did get the files first from #aivanet :) QUOTE]

Hi Mate,

Yeah, I've just checked myself and it is down today.
Should be up again as soon as possible, hopefully so as it is a good site.
If your after the files guys be patient, they will be back.
However, the full TomTom software is so far only available from IRC, the above just replaces one of the system files "The-Wiep" said has to be copied to the root of the MMC. Basically it appears to be the system files that is the part whoich looks at what GPS Receiver your using, normally if you are not useing a genuine TomTom Unit the app will not work.

As for different GPS units that work, unless you have the above hack, the GPS has to have a certain chipset to my knowledge. From what I gather if the GPS Unit has this chipset "SiRFStar IIe/LP" it should work ok, but DO NOT quote me on it.

Comparing the two navigation apps against each other I feel TomTom is slightly more powerful at the expense of being perhaps a little more involving to set a destination.
Route66 is by far a great application and works fantastic, so much so I have both installed on my 512k rs-mmc ;) and I alternate between the two.
TomTom is nice as you can add outside POI's, in my case along with others it's nice to have the speed camera locations installed. But, as we have found if you add them the speech stutters (thanks to Lexus for pointing this out to me as I'd only tried the app with them installed).
At first this made me like Route66 as the speech was clear, but yesterday after removing the camera POI's TomTom is as it should be.
Apparently there is another version on test which does not suffer from speech impediment with more POI's, cant wait for that one!

lydiachris - Your chipset appears very similar mate, here is a review of the latest model of the Holux : http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/holuxgr231.php
It appears to use this right chipset, but again nothings hard and fast. If we can get you with the software than you could check it for us.

Ian

P.S. Is this one yours? http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/holuxgr230.php
Shame it's USB or is your one bluetooth?

The Wiep
01-11-2004, 06:39 PM
Hi,

I see my attachment has been removed :)
well guess you''l guys will have to grab it of irc or wait for myseries60 to get back online today

as for the renaming you need to go in the BT settings of your phone, select the device and click on options
then you should see an option to rename or change short name or something

I know this was nescaessary before the hack
dunno if it's still needed with the hack
will check it out and post back

coolice00
01-11-2004, 07:13 PM
Hey,

Or try getting it here : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/coolice000/

My first go at creating a Yahoo group :cool:

Hope you can't get into trouble for this :???: Anyone had trouble from a Yahoo group they made? If so it'll soon be down!

Ian

momagic
01-11-2004, 09:05 PM
oh yeah momagic, almost forgot to reply m8 ;)
I just did as instructed in the nfo of the symboss release, copy all the folders to the right location - restart the phone
also copy a map to the root of the mmc (as instructed in the nfo that came with the map, to a specified folder)
then rename the BT mouse to TomTom Wireless
turn on BT and start the app
tried a route once and it worked, will try more this week I guess

try to determine which one is best
Route66 or TomTom :)

thanks for replying geezer!!

damn! i dun have a gps mouse so i guess thats why i dont work!!! :S :(

Mavarick
01-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi,

I don't know, if the maps from TT2 will also work ? But you can try it.
Here is how to place it on the MMC :

e:\Deutschland-F-Map\ (*.dat, *.pr3, *.bfl, *.mid, *.pna)

Best regards
Reddeer2000

Can someone help me. i did the same as above, only with benelux, and i am still getting "no maps found!" message. What am i doing wrong?

My stituation
e:\Benelux-Map\ (*.dat, *.pr3, *.bfl, *.mid, *.pna)
e:\2577\autorun.exe

I also tried:
e:\Benelux Navigator Map\ instead of e:\Benelux-Map\

Another thing: i have also a map: e:\2577 with Autorun.exe. Must this one also be placed in the root?

i hope someone can help me.

Reddeer2000
01-11-2004, 11:23 PM
Hi !

If you have a setup.dat in your map, delete it and try once again. Normally it must work now.

Best regards
Reddeer2000

Mavarick
01-11-2004, 11:40 PM
Thxs!, i tried it, but no result :-x ... Do you have another suggestion?

Reddeer2000
01-11-2004, 11:45 PM
Mavarick,

take a look in your inbox !!

Greetz
Reddeer2000

momagic
04-11-2004, 10:22 PM
thanks for replying geezer!!

damn! i dun have a gps mouse so i guess thats why i dont work!!! :S :(

to get the map working without a gps reciever (on a 7610), just turn on bluetooth, and turn on the program!!!!

THANKS ZAHIR B

The Wiep
04-11-2004, 10:43 PM
Sorry just another question...

I understand you can install POI's with TomTom Mobile, if you install too many of them, does it make the system lag at all?? Does it go all jerky!?

Cheers,
Lydiachris

well the current release start sounding strange when you turn on POI
the navigation works ok but the directions sound weird
I read somewhere there is a test version which has this problem fixed so I guess we'll have to wait for an update
ve sure to check out www.dnote.nl for POIEdit, thsi will download a lot of poi's from 4 sites, just put them in your map folder and it works great :)

coolice00
05-11-2004, 12:40 AM
Hi,

It is the add-in speed camear POI's that make the program lag, or more to the point the speech stutters.
A good thread here about the problem, we are not alone :

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12130&start=0&sid=a1b85adce030d8728d4eed7b4fd5f4e0

Also this forum in general is good and some good questions asked :

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=90&sid=a229eee4749702b595b7aea5966e0535

In standard form the TomTom Software is very, very good but add the good stuff, namely the speed camera POI's and it goes down hill. But, work arounds are being worked on.

Ian

P.S. Does anyone know a program to view, edit and save .DAT files? I'm wondering if we can add our own information to the standard DAT file if that would help maybe?

coolice00
05-11-2004, 04:18 PM
Ah I see. Thanks for that mate. Lets just wait for tomtom to realease an update or something!!! Let us all know coolice if you here anything, and post here so we can download it.
Cheers,
lydiachris

ps. anyone managed to get hold of a copy of the manual for tomtom yet?!?!?!

Hey Mate,

No problems, your welcome. As soon as I hear or see anything I'll post it up.

As for a manual, I have this you could look at. It's a PDF.

Ian

coolice00
05-11-2004, 05:02 PM
Hi Ian please could you send me that link for the manual to my private messages because I don't think nokiafree.iorg will allow you to have that attchment. Cheers mate,
Lydiachris

Hi,

Erm, I think I got it from IRC mate. I have just put it up on my Yahoo Group ;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/coolice000/

so join up and grab it from there.

Or email me mate : [email protected] and I'll send you it.

Ian

nixfonepro
05-11-2004, 05:42 PM
hello, what is the cheapest bluetooth gps and effective that 100% works well with tomtom??

g3gg0
05-11-2004, 11:16 PM
funny to read...
guess WHO cracked it ;))

coolice00
06-11-2004, 01:25 AM
hello, what is the cheapest bluetooth gps and effective that 100% works well with tomtom??

Hi,

Well, supposedly you can now use a lot more GPS receiver units using a new TomTom set of files that somehow make the software accept working with a wider variety of units.
Get this file from my Yahoo group. I think you still need the original set from IRC to replace only certain files with these new one's.
Hopefully Lexus or The Wiep will jump in here at some stage as I think they are using these new files to good effect.

These one's should work, I think :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4668&item=5728995781&rd=1

Personally I'd go for the TomTom unit to be safe, I've seen them for £80 + postage on Ebay.

Ian

The Wiep
06-11-2004, 09:19 AM
*jump*
;)

yep, I used the package from irc (symboss), then I replaced the files with the one from the crack
only the ttmobile seemed to be modified though but I replaced all the files to be safe
I have a RoyalTek RBT-1000 (the one from Route66)
this unit was initially not supported, even the name change didn't work as the chipset was not 'supported'
now with this patch, it is supported and it can have any name
so it doesn't have to be TomTom Wireless GPS, you can call it beer for all the program cares now :cool:
have no problem with the navigation, everything works perfect

g3gg0: did you crack it?
if so, a reeaaalll big thanks for bringing this as it is just what a lot of people needed
maybe you can tell us if really ALL gps units are supported now or only a certain chipset

cheers

Reddeer2000
06-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Yes, g3gg0 has cracked TTmobile !!!

Reddeer2000

nixfonepro
06-11-2004, 01:45 PM
you can get orinigal tomtom bluetooth gps reciever for around £80. I was wondering if there are any cheaper than that.

coolice00
06-11-2004, 07:11 PM
ps. has anyone seen The Muppets Tonight theme tune anywhere!?!?!?!?! Its for my fiancee

Lol, yeah right ;-) :D

Shame it was the wrong manual, I'll keep my eyes peeled for it.

Ian

The Wiep
07-11-2004, 08:26 AM
well there is a file called tomtom.mobile.update.v4.43.(need.a.newpatch).rar cruising around on irc, I didn't get my hands on it yet but as thefilename says it need a new patch
so for the ones using the symboss release it won't do any good :(

g3gg0, if you have some free time on your hands ;)

nixfonepro
07-11-2004, 12:12 PM
the orinigal bluetooth gps reciever is the cheapest one out. Are there any cheaper?

g3gg0
07-11-2004, 03:23 PM
just hand me the file/update...
ill have a look at it

The Wiep
07-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Pm'ed ya da link to my yahoogroup
don't really know what the update is, just uploaded the file as I found it

good luck on it

The Wiep
08-11-2004, 07:11 AM
my groupname is 7610stuff
but the file won't do much good as it is now 'cause it is uncracked :)

coolice00
08-11-2004, 11:12 AM
the orinigal bluetooth gps reciever is the cheapest one out. Are there any cheaper?

Hey,

Yes, there are cheaper GPS units on Ebay. I've seen one for £50 I think it was, but at the time I didn't know about the compatability issues.

This one's quite cheap and I think it works :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4668&item=5730557624&rd=1

Worth a look around.

Ian

g3gg0 :- Thanks for your sterling work my friend :)

The Wiep
08-11-2004, 05:15 PM
well I found the update on irc #mediaplace
I sometimes check that channel to to see if there is anything new
and found that file
maybe the file is a hoax, we'll see :)

Reddeer2000
08-11-2004, 05:34 PM
You will only get this update , if you subscribe TomTom traffic.

greets
Reddeer2000

McF_182
08-11-2004, 08:03 PM
I see that a few of you are using gps mouse with the tomtom software. I have a gps mouse that I use with my ipaq, but it has a rj-11 connection on the end of it. How do I connect it to my 6600? Is there an adapter that I can buy somewhere?

g3gg0
08-11-2004, 08:41 PM
i just downloaded it

The Wiep
08-11-2004, 08:54 PM
a small reminder...
as said I don't know what the update file is, I also hope the file is not a hoax
if it is, please don't shoot me :)

thanks already to g3gg0 for checking it out and clearing things up ;)

cheers

Reddeer2000
09-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Hi!

I was occupied today with this "OVI mobile phone lag problem", I have now finally found the reason :

It does not have anything (!) to do with the number of OVI´s (I have myself a ov2 file with approx. 15000 OVi´s provided), but with the number of ".ov2" files(!)

I have tried to copy 15000 OVI´s into one (!) ov2 file , nothing lags, also 2 x 7500 OVI´s in 2 ov2 files works ,but 3 files with 5000 OVI's doesn't work and TTmobile lags again.

A cause (in my opinion):

The Mobile phone doesn't read the whole ov2 files into the memory, it only tooks the parts which were needed at the moment(coordinates dependently).
It seems in such way, that the mobile phone cannot read the data fast enough from MMC , and that will be the reason of problems !

Now, there is a software to convert single ov2 files into a big ov2 file. The problem is that you only can convert files of the same theme ( example speed cameras )
The next problem is, that the software is only in german. But I will try to translate it in english up to the weekend.

Best regards
Reddeer2000

coolice00
15-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Hello Mate,

With TomTom on my phone all I do is switch on BT on the phone, then turn on the GPS unit and it's blue light flashes.
Then I go and open the TomTom application and normally after pressing the 'I Agree' button the blue light on the GPS unit turns on solid and the units are paired.
As you've noticed they do so automatically without any questions asked.

For me Route66 is the same to.

Ian

coolice00
15-11-2004, 06:45 PM
Hi,

No problems, glad to help. Between us we're get all the unknown bits sorted.

I have the same as you, the TomTom GPS Unit. I went straight for that one after reading most of the threads about what one's work and which don't.
I got mine off Ebay for £105 inc postage.

Good value I think.

Ian

coolice00
16-11-2004, 01:23 AM
So mate, all you do when you start tomtom mobile is...

1) turn your bluetooth on your phone on.
2) turn on your tomtom gps mouse
3) start tomtom mobile application and buy the time you have clicked 'i agree' they have paired and you have a gps fix?!

Oh, another question if you don't mind?! What version of tomtom mobiel application are you using!? Also what gps driver are you using and the map version?!?! PLEASE tell me so I can tell if I am using all the lastest version, especially the map. I think mine is the tomtom nav 3 uk map. Version 2.80 or something like that. What is yours?!?!?!

One more thing, hehe this is like 20 questions :razz: Have you actually 'paired' your gps mouse with the phone via the bluetooth option in the menu?!?!!? Just wondering, so when I get my gps mouse I can do the same.

I would greatly appreciate a reply with all my posing questions answered.

Thankyou so so much,
Lydiachris :grin:

Hey,

I think, but I'm not sure, that most GPS units work if it uses the SiRF Star IIe/LP chipset.. Seems to me that all of the GPS units that do work use this chipset, others feel the same but I do not have definate proof and so it's just an idea.

As you've described above, normally after I've clicked 'I Agree' the software starts and then seconds later the units are talking to each other. I think this time for pairing also depends if the unit is hot or not. I've read somewhere about the units acquiring the satellites, when you first turn it on it takes a short while to acquire them. If you've had the unit on and left it on, eg. it's hot then this time lag is reduced and works straight away. This may explain why you have to wait longer at times.

as for version numbers :

App Version V4.400 (285)
GPS Driver V1.20
Map:'Great-Britain-Map' V390

To my knowledge this is the latest one, but it changes constantly and this is why it would be good to receive the updates.
Sounds to me as if your running a slightly lower version number, this could have it's good points as previous version can run the speed camera POI's better than the latest one I think.

Yes, I have paired my GPS unit to the phone in the Bluetooth menu. I have also set this 'Authorised' so I do not have to give permission to pair each time I switch on bluetooth.

Ian

The Wiep
16-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi,

just a message to say that I downloaded the update overnight and this is what I get from info:

App Version V4.430 (313)
GPS Driver V1.20
Map:'Benelux' V280

I didn't have a chance to test it yet but I will do so today
the first difference I notice is that the notification in the beginning is gone, no more clicking on I Agree :)
also there is a traffic link in the menu

the original filename is: tomtom.mobile.v4.43+traffic.plugin-cracked.mmc.dump.without.maps-support.all.bt.gps-by.erario.rar

I repacked it and removed all languages (except for dutch ;) )
I'm uploading this repack to my yahoogroup now, you will find it under GPS
will report the changes this evening.

I take no credit for this release, it came from mediaplace, from erario's server
I just repacked it to have the ability to upload it to my yahoogroup.

hope this is what we have been waiting for :)

cheers.

frostieatsicrem
16-11-2004, 03:27 PM
sorry if this is a stupid question; when i start the app i get 'no maps found' so obviously i have no maps. i've got the old tomtom with the london map already installed, so where does one get the new maps from? can you use the old tomtom maps? are there new ones? and can it be used without the gps unit? i've ordered one, but it doesnt come for another 3 weeks.

frostieatsicrem
16-11-2004, 06:06 PM
yup, got britain, the major roads of europe and now looking for amsterdam... i can see the makings of a great road trip ahead... perfect, cheers buddy!

frostieatsicrem
16-11-2004, 06:36 PM
would this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4668&item=5732436362&rd=1
work? how do you know whether it'd work with a 6600 or not?

*edit: oh yeah, just realised it had to be bluetooth...

The Wiep
16-11-2004, 06:54 PM
sh*t, the stuttering is not yet solved in this update
I can't really see any differences with the old soft only that the traffic option is implemented
been tripping from here to there with tomtom all day for work and it works flawlesly but so did the initial release

well, all the files that are in the rar in my group go in the same folders as the initial release
as for the 2577 folder, this can be deleted if you have a S60 phone
this folder is only for phones running windows mobile on it

TomTom goes in the root
TTMOBILE goes in the system/app folder

The Wiep
16-11-2004, 08:52 PM
no problem m8
I honestly have no clue what the update actually does :)
but it works so I updated it
will search for some update info

I have the Royaltek RBT-1000, the one that comes with Route66
it is not in the driver list

if I recall correctly the drivers listed above are from the standard unpatched version and work if you rename the device to "TomTom GPS Wireless" or something

if you apply the patch, normally all BT GPS will be supported as my Royaltek which wasn't supported with the name change
it works perfect now

coolice00
17-11-2004, 10:48 AM
sh*t, the stuttering is not yet solved in this update
I can't really see any differences with the old soft only that the traffic option is implemented
been tripping from here to there with tomtom all day for work and it works flawlesly but so did the initial release

well, all the files that are in the rar in my group go in the same folders as the initial release
as for the 2577 folder, this can be deleted if you have a S60 phone
this folder is only for phones running windows mobile on it

TomTom goes in the root
TTMOBILE goes in the system/app folder

Hey Mate,

I am using the speed camera POI's with no stutter what so ever. I was truly amazed that we have now figured out how to make them work.
I have both the Gatso & Mobile POI's installed and the speech is as normal.
Wanna know how? :razz: Of course you do.

Get the files below, inside is Dumpov2 & Makeov2.
What I then did was copy the POI files I wanted into a folder one at a time, so you keep the originals. Now copy the two above files in there also.
First use Dumpov2 to convert the POI file into an .ASC file, I managed to just double click the exe and it automatically found the POI file, you may have to right click and open with for it to work.
Now with the .ASC file delete the original ov2 file and the Dumpov2.exe, to keep things simple. Now copy and paste Makeov2 into this folder with the .ASC file, again then double click the .exe, or in my case for this step I had to use the right click method on the .ASC file and open with the Makeov2.exe.
Once again an OV2 file will be made, you will notice this one is slightly larger than the original but do not worry.
I have also done this with Mobile Units to, the process is the same. Unpack the original OV2 file and then re-make it.

Copy these files to your MMC as normal and enjoy.

Trust me, it works for me 100%. Later I will try Specs POI's.
Read more here :

http://www.pocketgps.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12130&start=30&sid=67969c5ffeaa5e74043590b306af7b46

Scroll down to the bottom area.

What is the update for, TomTom?

Ian

frostieatsicrem
17-11-2004, 01:17 PM
Hi mate, this is a list of gps mouses that support tomtom mobile.My suggestion is to buy an official tomtom bluetooth gps mouse:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15005&item=5732435943&rd=1

This definateley works.

Cheers mate.
Chris

hmm, tomtom's expensive tho... but i guess at least its guarenteed to work!

coolice00
17-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Thankyou very much Ian. I have just converted them, so I will try them out soon.

So if I were to download ALL of the available other POI's from pocketgps would they ALL work without stuttering as well??! Do you know!?

WHAT ABOUT THE UK TOMTOM MAP!?!?!??!?!?!!??!!?!?

Hi Mate,

I re-packaged all of them this morning, including SPECS & Redlight POI's and loaded them to my MMC before taking a trip. The voice of TomTom works 100%, no stutter at all. The cameras appear on screen, although I haven't come across any SPECS or Redlight ones around this area so have not seen them pop up. I have attached a warning tone to them also, but have not been close enough to a camera yet to get the tone. Hopefully will do tomorrow maybe. But I am happy again now, so much better.

frostieatsicrem : Yes, the TomTom unit is a little dearer but at £80 gbp's off Ebay it's still very reasonable and it's going to be compatable with anything bluetooth should you change the phone or even switch to a PDA.
I have seen cheaper, but again you run into compatability issues with the software and so it's wiser to spend extra from the start to get what you want.

Ian

coolice00
17-11-2004, 06:43 PM
Hey,

I do not have a link for the GB Map, I just got it off IRC mate same as you I think? To my knowledge it is the latest, some bits are missing from the map in my area since new road layout changes.

Blimey, I've never seen all of those POI's before. I dare say you probably could do the same to them as for the speed camera poi's.
Best thing is to try it mate and let us know, again though because of the limited power of the 6600 I wouldn't put to many POI files in but it would be good to know what it's limit is.
The four camera files appear to work well so far.

I've seen two good one's so far in that list, Maplins POI's & Mitsubishi so I can get me an Evo VIII and get places faster :-o

Ian

frostieatsicrem
17-11-2004, 06:47 PM
frostieatsicrem : Yes, the TomTom unit is a little dearer but at £80 gbp's off Ebay it's still very reasonable and it's going to be compatable with anything bluetooth should you change the phone or even switch to a PDA.
I have seen cheaper, but again you run into compatability issues with the software and so it's wiser to spend extra from the start to get what you want.

Ian

alright, sounds like a plan!

The Wiep
17-11-2004, 09:37 PM
just tested the update some more but couldn't find any modifications
except for the traffic thingie and also the app seems to run faster in test mode (with BT off, just to plan a trip from a to b without navigation) then before
maybe there have been some minor bugfixes or so.. dunno

thanks coolice for the ov tip, I downloaded some poi's from poiplace.nl
some of them are recognised by TT and others aren't, very weird
I thought, hey let's try that trick from coolice, but to bad, it didn't cut it
TT still doesn't see them, very weird
any usefull info on this?

The Wiep
17-11-2004, 11:16 PM
nope, haven't tried it 'cause the subscriptions costs money :)
I think you can use traffic with the cracked version if you have a subscription
but I am not sure, nor will I try this 'cause there is no traffic available for my country

anothter side not:
you can safely delete all the exe's from the tomtom folders if you have a S60 phone,
the exe's are only for Win Mobile
you can delete following:
TomTom\TomTom Mobile.exe
TomTom\ttgpseng.exe

you can also delete following file as this is the original that doesn't support all gps units :)
system\apps\TTMOBILE\TTMOBILE.APP_org

nog we gained us a meg or 2-3 ;)

coolice00
18-11-2004, 10:04 PM
Hey Mate,

No, sorry have not tried any other POI's as yet from that site. Will be worth a go at some stage though. Whether they will work like the speed camera one's do or not that remains to be seen, but the important one is that TomTom instructions are clear and the camera's are a bonus.

PM'd mate :)

Ian

<___Cyber___>
19-11-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes TT3 maps work on the tt-mobile software. no lag or something works perfect.

An other question..... In route66 and in tt3 there is a possibility to navigate to an adres that is in the contact list of the phone/pda. I searched in tt-mobile but i can't find this feature. Is it possible? and if, how?

EDIT: Yahoo #100 in this thread..... \ o /
..................................................S
................................................../ \

coolice00
19-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Hey,

Cyber : No, it doesn't work like that mate. But as you start to type in the address in TT or Route66 the software itself does start to suggest the road or place your entering. Kinda like when you search for a number in your contacts list, again the more letters you put in the closer to the top the road will come to just select it with the joystick.

lydiachris : Be careful with brought maps and cracked applications. I maybe wrong but I think I may have read about problems using genuine maps and the cracked TT. Has anyone tried this maybe?

As for the traffic update I do not know as I haven't bothered with it. Sounds good on the outside but you will have to pay for GPRS to access it and then you need to have an account with TomTom to access the files anyway I think.
Also in my mind it's a step back to V4.43, I like the latest of everything hence I'm sticking to V4.44 :-)

Ian

coolice00
19-11-2004, 05:50 PM
Wait, bide your time mate and see what comes out.

This phone come SatNav thingy is still quite new and will be improved apon. Having said that even if you buy genuine software you will get the free upgrades as they come out. But as you say if these maps do not work in TT3 Mobile then thats no good.

When we do start to get the very best maps even I'd like to buy them as it is so useful, but I will wait till it's all sorted.

Get in IRC for now :wink:

Ian

The Wiep
19-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Hi,

somewhere on the net, newsgroups, edonkey, fxpboards ... you can find following release:
TOMTOM.NAVIGATOR.3.WESTERN.EUROPE.DVD.PROPER-WERKLOOS
which features the exact thing you are looking for
if you can find this, it will save you €189 :)
they will work on mobile no matter what tomtom says

I would not buy them yet as a lot of maps may be outdated a bit..
best to wait and see what comes up for mobile

untill then try looking for the dvd release (it's 4.25GB)

The Wiep
19-11-2004, 06:29 PM
ah yeah, I also tried some stuff..
the traffic can be unlocked by any username:password
I tried test:test and I got activated
only I couldn't try it for good since I don't have gprs activated and for my country there is no traffic available yet...
anyways, in the phone the submenu of traffic is unlocked

I also noticed that some POI's were not shown on my list, checking some things out it came clear to me that we can't have more than 93 POI's in a list in mobile
I renamed the poi.dat file in my map folder to poi.da, this way all the standard poi's are disabeled and there is more room for custom poi's :)

also a handy trick,
I like to have the major roads of europe on my phone but hate to select a map every time tt starts (like 5 times a day :) ) so I opened every folder of every map I want on stand-by and renamed cline.dat (the bigest file) to cline.da
I only left my standard map untouched
this way I have more maps on my phone but don't need to select every time on tt start
when I need them I just rename it :)

just some tips...

The Wiep
19-11-2004, 09:51 PM
I'm goïng dialog I guess :)

well coolice, I tried the ovtools with my poi's I downloaded from poihandler and upped the modified ones to my mmc
I have 35 poi's I currently have checked but the voice still stutters
they are all modified and the poi.dat is renamed to poi.da so the poi's consist only of modified ones

for me it does no good, any other tips on that
or am I perhaps doïng something wrong

The Wiep
20-11-2004, 12:26 AM
wow m8, why did you delete the folders?
that was not nescessary, you can just copy over the new files and overwrite the old ones, this way nothing gets lost
I uploaded a new file (that I got aivanet) that has only the updated files (smaller than my repack)

best is to put all the files from the original release of symboss a the wright place on your mmc again, then copy the new files and overwrite the old ones
stuff should be fixed..

The Wiep
21-11-2004, 12:50 AM
I converted them indeed but it did no good..

I have a 7610 and it runs great on it

<___Cyber___>
22-11-2004, 12:57 PM
Hi All,

At first time I had also troubles with the ladie stuttering. I used the program to remake my ov2 files and the stuttering dissapears. I also found out that when I'm having more than 3 ov2 files the stuttering comes back (a little). I have created 2 larger OV2 files instead of a lot of small ones, it helped for me....

Cyber

Real_CHiP
23-11-2004, 10:14 AM
TOMTOM.NAVIGATOR.3.WESTERN.EUROPE.DVD.PROPER-WERKLOOS <-- nice group release, it means unemployet in dutch... Anyone tried the cracked version with the traffic info yet? (I didn't bother to read the whole tread, if its allready discussed ignore the question).

The Wiep
23-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Hi CHiP,

well I can't blame you for not browsing the whole thread as it is huge..
so you can't blame me for my lazyness if I just copy/paste my text from somewhere above in the thread :)

copy/paste:
ah yeah, I also tried some stuff..
the traffic can be unlocked by any username / password
I tried test:test and I got activated
only I couldn't try it for good since I don't have gprs activated and for my country there is no traffic available yet...
anyways, in the phone the submenu of traffic is unlocked
end copy/paste.

so if it works or not remains to be tested ;)

coolice00
23-11-2004, 09:36 PM
Cor you guys are slave drivers! :D

I can see I'm gonna have to try this out eh? I've downloaded it but kept away cos it's V4.43 instead of V4.44.

Ian

The Wiep
23-11-2004, 10:08 PM
hehe you're our bitch ;)
nah, just kidding m8

say, I thought you had version 4.40 if I have read the previous posts correctly??
could you please check your version to make sure?
thanks

EDIT:
yep, just checked the previous post

coolice:
App Version V4.400 (285)
GPS Driver V1.20

me:
App Version V4.430 (313)
GPS Driver V1.20
Map:'Benelux' V280

so perhaps the update is also usefull for you ;)

coolice00
23-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Hey,

Lol :-P ;)

Yep, this is me at present :-

coolice:
App Version V4.400 (285)
GPS Driver V1.20

The one with the Traffic update is an older version, but with a higher build number by the looks of it.
I just have never tried it yet as it's older and like to have all new stuff.

I'll just have to copy my MMC contents to the PC and over-write with the V4.43 files and see what it's about.

Ian

coolice00
24-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Hey Mate,

This is cool, we're confusing you here now eh? ;)

If the numbers are true to go by then the Traffic equipped version is V4.43. The one I am using at present is V4.44 and so is in theory the newest version.

Reading another forum about the stutter problem, there it was mentioned that while using the older one (V4.43) the stutter wasn't so much of a an issue.

I got mine from the usual places on IRC, along with the V4.43+Traffic add-on files to.
This Traffic add-on I am still not convinced of, as on the TomTom site it clearly states you need to have "A subscription to the TomTom Traffic service". A GPRS connection I do have, but this subscription I don't.

I cannot see on the site any mention of current version number either.

This must be one of the hottest threads on here now?

Ian

coolice00
24-11-2004, 01:34 AM
Quick Update On Traffic Feature :-

Well during a quick check while sat in front of my PC the Traffic Update does indeed appear to log-on to somewhere with GPRS and retrieve any traffic reports. Working on the route you have planned and looking along it's path.

I planned a route from my home to the girlfriends some 30 miles away and then asked TomTom to 'Update Traffic Info' so off it goes, via GPRS to retrieve any Traffic updates. You then go back into the menu and select Traffic Info, then 'Show Traffic Info'.
It produces a similar screen like if TomTom was planning a route and then along the top is written 'No Incidents On Route' with a map showing your start and finish points.
Click Done and it takes you back to the navigation screen, a small box near the top right indicates that GPRS is still active (a small car icon with an arrow flying over head of it).

It certainly seems to be ok, I'll just have to try it one night.
Also the TomTom interface itself seems smoother and slightly different, but that could just be me.

Ian

<___Cyber___>
24-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Hi Lydiachris,

You asked how I made one 'large' .OV2 from several 'small' .OV2 files.

I used Poiedit.

open a OV2
then in the file menu 'append' and select other OV2.
then save as (to keep the original OV2)

thats all.......

The Wiep
24-11-2004, 07:56 PM
guess so BUT I think you can anly add 1 image
perhaps if anyone could figure out how the original poi.dat file of tomtom mobile was built up, we could create one just like it...
it contains (or the file, or the main app) several images

coolice00
25-11-2004, 05:29 PM
Hey,

Good question, one that I can't answer yet as I haven't been to London. Living about 40 miles away makes it a day trip.

Possibly, if it's added into the POI's, then I'd say yes, it probably will have a warning.

I haven't had a chance to use TomTom since I've replaced it with the Traffic version, or had any need to.

As for editing POI.DAT files, still don't know yet. I did ask some others but they didn't know either.

Ian

cyclonefr
26-11-2004, 02:48 AM
ive tried with the ERARIO traffic cracked plugin '(4.43) so i have entered login=1 and pass=1 it makes successfully unlocked
then it asks me to select my GPRS connection
then an icon on the top right of the screen appears and just after a second i have bad username and password :(
any solution thanx

coolice00
27-11-2004, 12:58 PM
Hey,

Sorry, don't know a link just usual places of IRC again. Just saw it today actually on someone's server.

As for TomTom V4.43, I am going to remove it. Last night it couldn't access the Traffic update at all, no warnings of wrong user name or password just couldn't conjnect

coolice00
27-11-2004, 12:59 PM
Hey,

Sorry, don't know a link just usual places of IRC again. Just saw it today actually on someone's server.

As for TomTom V4.43, I am going to remove it. Last night it couldn't access the Traffic update at all, no warnings of wrong user name or password just couldn't connect. Then I'd set it to connect to GPRS at 15 minute intervals and when it did the phone threw up an internal error.

So my feeling is this part isn't going to work unless you have the subscription, which I'm not all that interested in as yet. Shame as it would be a good thing if you were going on the major roads etc.
Also I swear it stuttered a few times to.

Back to V4.44 for me, it works better in my mind.

Ian

coolice00
28-11-2004, 12:22 PM
Oh yeah, DOH! V4.400 to V4.430, I was thinking it was older.
Now I know why the distances are read out and shown in miles & meters.

Ian

The Wiep
28-11-2004, 12:49 PM
hehe, yeah
now you know why we were confused m8 ;)

coolice00
28-11-2004, 04:20 PM
hehe, yeah
now you know why we were confused m8 ;)

Hehehehe, I like to keep ya on ya toes! :D

At present I'm using V4.400 again and counting down to junctions etc. it use yards. V4.43 used meters, which in theory is newer as it's using metric units rather than older imperial. Or perhaps it was to do with the US users maybe?

Will be interesting to see what comes next from them.

Ian

jackflashuk
30-11-2004, 02:14 PM
hi i have been using tomtom poi for speed cameras and found it very useful but it does not show the different speeds available eg 40 limit etc..

i believe trafcam is better as its datbase holds more cameras...

does anyone have a demo version of trafcam :-D for the mobile phone........or know of a group that is sharing a demo version or what ever :roll:

coolice00
30-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey,

Totally agree, for speed cameras TrafCam is much better (although I've never tried it). The only thing it can't do it direct you to places, which is where TomTom is the best app. Combined with a minimum of speed camera notification and it's not bad at all.

Ian

The Wiep
30-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Hi,

the normal MMC's will NOT fit in a 7610 so you need a RS-MMC.

I have a link somewhere that has a guid to fit normal MMC's but you will have to cut in your inner case of the 7610 which will void warranty and if there is one thing that you really need with a Nokia it's your warranty ;)

to be on the safe side I bought myself a RS-MMC of 512MB
the actual size is 489MB
on this card I have both TomTom and Route66 with both the benelux map
also for tomtom I have the major roads of europe on my card
still have a lot of space for games and MP3's

if you have more questions, just ask m8 :)

coolice00
01-12-2004, 11:31 AM
has anyone seen this on mIRC!??!!?

http://www.66.com/route66/index.php

It would be useful as well!!!!!!!!! :P

Hey,

You mean you haven't already got it?! Yep it's there on IRC as normal mate, I have both installed to my rs-mmc and change between the two.
TomTom is by far the best, but Route66 is also very nice to.

Another thing, if you want a cheap 512mb KingMax rs-mmc card I have one for sale. I brought it thinking I could take it from my 6600 into the 6630 when I get it.... wrong!!! Dam DV malarky buggered that idea up.
Anyways, I got my rs-mmc for sale at £35 + postage which is what I paid for it. Food for thought maybe, I'd even send you some stuff on it ;-)

Ian

<___Cyber___>
01-12-2004, 12:52 PM
lydiachris,

explore disc1 of the tt3 discs, find the 'maps' folder, in this folder there is a folder called MRE this is the major roads of europe....

<___Cyber___>

coolice00
01-12-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey Mate,

Oh yeah, keep forgetting about your limitations at uni.

DV rs-mmc cards are only available upto 64mb at present. A Phone magazine I read a review in said they'd tried a 128mb DV card but it was again as a test card from a company. Proposed release of bigger cards isn't until next year which is why I to am surprised Nokia didn't cater for both in the 6630.

As for the best, 6630 wins hands down. The processor is faster, had more ram and generally runs better because of it. Sure it'll have some bugs in the firmware, but they'll be addressed soon I'd say.

I still think I'm gonna go for the 6630 and keep that for a few years before changing again. I think it looks good, as a business user as well as for fun it's ideal.

I've decided to try V4.43 again, but still no luck with Traffic Plugin. Hence have turned it off :cry:

Ian

coolice00
02-12-2004, 12:22 AM
Hey,

"cos it says on the nokia website it takes rs-mmc there is no mention of the dv-mmc" Yep, your right nowhere on Nokia's site does it say Dual Voltage rs-mmc's until you get more indepth, then you find it.
Which is a little naughty in my mind as I, like many others thought that normal rs-mmc's would be fine.
Definetly it will only use DV rs-mmc's, but reading here :-
http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-6630-en.shtml

Near the bottom there is this sentance :- "I advise to wait with buying Nokia 6630 till the next year, for example, till the end of January. There are several reasons. The first and the main one is that the device though working stable has some software mistakes for the moment. The second reason is not so evident, hardware part will be changed a bit and thus renewing the software later won't be so smooth for the device."

I'm wondering if Nokia have realised and going to add normal rs-mmc support? As to what this could be or if there is any truth to it I do not know.

It is a 3G phone but will work like any normal one, 02 are set to release their 3G service very soon to coincide with the release of the 6630 on their network. VodaFone are already advertising it for the UK market.

With all the power increase's it should run apps much, much better but the next thing is will it run TomTom or Route66 still? This question is on AllAboutSymbian to and I am waiting to see an answer to it. I hope it does, but then again if we cannot yet get DV rs-mmc's big enough to load it all on then it will be a waste of time. If it doesn't then I'm sure there will be another release soon to cater for the 6630 as it will be able to run the software better.
As to what other problems we get with OS 8 only time will tell.

Ian

coolice00
02-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Blimey, you haven't had your firmware upgraded at all? I've had every single one there was, finishing at V5.27.1 which I have now.

They do certainly make the phones run better and quite possibly some apps to as the phone is smoother, but if your thinking of changing and are not getting problems then I'd put that money to your new phone.
£30 is quite steep, luckily all mine have been under warrenty.

Ian

coolice00
02-12-2004, 04:52 PM
Hey Mate,

Not sure if Nokia shops will be able to do it, it has to be an approved Nokia Service Centre. I have one near to me in Huntingdon called Communicade who are able to do it while you wait as long as the tech guy is at the front desk. Flash to V5.27.1 took no more than 20 minutes.

As for restoring after, what I have found best is to forget the MMC as it's large and probably has a lot of files it's best to just format it and reinstall.
What I do is just backup the phone via PC Suite and then restore once back home. Again I have found settings files not to go back to well and cause hassle, so I favour just restoring contacts & messages, manually setting the phone backup again. To me the contacts are important, anything else just costs you time to put it all back.
MMS & WAP settings are easy to, just get the settings file sent to you via Nokia's website.

TomTom & Route66 all work on latest firmware no problems.

As for any improvements in the phone after the cahnge, yes & no. Yes it works smoother & a little faster but not much. No in that it still works like it used to. I think there is also improvements in the BT connections between hands free units and the phone and also during receiving a call, the BT hands free unit now rings along with the phone.

Try a search on here, I'm sure there is a list of improvements on the latest firmware.

Ian

coolice00
03-12-2004, 12:54 PM
Hey,

My UK Map folder is called :- Great-Britian-Map
I do not think it matters what the folders called as such, more the file types within it. I think TomTom & Route66 search the memory storage for compatably map files.

To add extra maps, from what I know all you do is copy the new maps folder across to the root directory of E:, your MMC. From there while inside TomTom you can specify what map you want to use.
They won't work in the same folders I think, so best to keep'em seperate.
A little trick I use, I'm sure you've noticed that all these new folders on E: show up in your gallery? Well, the TomTom folder, map folder and any others you don't need to see, using a file explorer make them "Hidden".
Now when you browse the gallery you do not see them which speeds things up a bit, but their still there with your file explorer app.

With the Traffic demo, I've read that it for a one month trial period. Which is quite good to let you see if it's worth having or not.
To be honest, if you were a delivery driver then yeah it's worth paying the extra few quid to make sure you get places on time, but for normal users maybe not so important.
I must admit I am more than pleased with TomTom, I just wish you could buy the software seperately as I already have their GPS unit now. That way you could have the program and any future upgrades.
I think also they would probably sell more to, as many people already have GPS Receivers but not the type that will run with TomTom, unless they use the hacked version which defeats the object slightly.
I like the TomTom GPS unit, it's neat & looks cool. But there is supposedly better ones out there, it would be nice to try a load and see what really is the best.

Ian

coolice00
03-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey,

In theory if the sound file is the same, then yeah they should work.
It's the GO part that makes me feel it might not though.

What extra are you hoping it's gonna say mate?! "Oooh watch out stud, turn ahead!" :o ;) :razz: Lol

Ian

Gray
03-12-2004, 06:00 PM
I also have both (route66 and tomtom) and I find route 66 better, sure tomtom has an higher 'framerate' but the actual route is better with route 66.
Also there is no 'shortest way' with tomtom :( (always the fastest)

The Wiep
03-12-2004, 06:21 PM
just a quick message on the folder names
mine are just called "Benelux" and "Europe" and it works
just put the folders on the root of your MMC

I started another thread on the voice files a while ago but haven't come around lately trying some more
the fiels are all ogg but the problem is that they are 22KHZ and series60 only support 16KHZ so we have a problem
I tried converting them with oggtools and so far so good but the phone hangs on it
it play ok on my pc though...

peterwolf
21-12-2004, 12:48 AM
I just moved to Finland and really need more working navigator software to guide me around - really appreciate if you can help.

I have the TomTom mobile installed as following version

App Version V4.430 (313)
GPS Driver V1.20
Map:"Finland-map" V280

BT GPS -> Holux GR-231, with the SiRF Star IIe/LP chipset

Already rename the GPS device to TomTom Wireless
Already delete the "setup.dat" under the map folder

Problem

Application can start - works
GPS doesn't reconginze - always say no GPS device

Compare the technical specification of RTE-1000 GPS with my Holux GR-231 - it is the same.

Any idea how to solve the problem?

jayd
26-03-2005, 05:39 PM
I just moved to Finland and really need more working navigator software to guide me around - really appreciate if you can help.

I have the TomTom mobile installed as following version

App Version V4.430 (313)
GPS Driver V1.20
Map:"Finland-map" V280

BT GPS -> Holux GR-231, with the SiRF Star IIe/LP chipset

Already rename the GPS device to TomTom Wireless
Already delete the "setup.dat" under the map folder

Problem

Application can start - works
GPS doesn't reconginze - always say no GPS device

Compare the technical specification of RTE-1000 GPS with my Holux GR-231 - it is the same.

Any idea how to solve the problem?

I have the same GPS reciever and exactly the same problem on my 6630 can anyone help?

The Wiep
26-03-2005, 07:45 PM
have you paired them in you Bluetooth settings?
have you added them to your trusted connections in Bluetooth?
have you used the All GPS Hack?

jayd
26-03-2005, 07:58 PM
have you paired them in you Bluetooth settings?
have you added them to your trusted connections in Bluetooth?
have you used the All GPS Hack?
Yes
Yes

and i think so do you mean replacing the six files in the system apps file? If so then Yes

jayd
26-03-2005, 09:52 PM
Ok so patience has never been my greatest virtue so i've decided to sell my brand spanking new Holux GR231 Reciever in order to get one that definatly works with TomTom on a 6630, so if anyone can list good GPS recievers which work with ease on the Nokia's and TomTom it would be much appreciated. TIA.

The Wiep
27-03-2005, 08:49 AM
hmmm, sounds indeed like the hardware isn't supported

I have a Royaltek RBT-1000, the one that comes with Route 66 and it works like a charm with both Route 66 and TomTom

coolice00
27-03-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey Guys,

Don't know about the rest of you but I seriously want to give this GPS unit a go :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5762749895&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Finally GlobalSat 20 channel GPS's. Still cannot draw good conclusions as to whats ultimately the best, more channels or Xtrac?

Still, I like the look of this so am trying to see what's the best price I can get one for.

Then look out for TomTom V5.

Ian

jayd
31-03-2005, 04:43 PM
Hey Guys,

Don't know about the rest of you but I seriously want to give this GPS unit a go :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5762749895&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Finally GlobalSat 20 channel GPS's. Still cannot draw good conclusions as to whats ultimately the best, more channels or Xtrac?
Ian

I have ordered 1 of those and should get it next week I also got 1 of those 16 channel generic receivers of ebay which arrived today and works like a charm with my 6630 im very impressed and for £55 i feel i got a real bargain, So i finally got Tomtom working and i must say im very impressed with the app.

coolice00
31-03-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey,

Thats good to know about the 16 channel one's, I was looking at them.
But now I think I am going to go for one of these instead :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5764055041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

The new GlobalSat BT-338, 20 channels.

Ian

jayd
01-04-2005, 07:10 AM
Hey,

Thats good to know about the 16 channel one's, I was looking at them.
But now I think I am going to go for one of these instead :-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5764055041&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

The new GlobalSat BT-338, 20 channels.

Ian

Thats the one i've got on order, the Bt-338 will keep the 16 channel one as a spare if the 338 works but after my fiasco with the Holux , which is also very highly rated i aint counting my chickens.

lamb2106
02-07-2005, 09:58 AM
Thxs!, i tried it, but no result :-x ... Do you have another suggestion?

I have this same problem, anyone know the fix??

Umster
14-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Hi, :-)

I've been looking on this forum where to download the lastest version of tomtom mobile 5 with GB Maps v571. I'm not having any luck, :???: please can someone help me. does any one have any ftp site???

Best Regards

Umster ;-)

w86k
26-07-2005, 09:21 AM
hi there,
h ru, i had trandfered all the files on my mmc of nokia 6630 the thing is that the works and does not shows the maps i had installed the ovc and then the sis file to install map but when i runned the tomtom it says no maps found, can any body help me and i also changed the location of maps from handyfile to mmc but it still says no maps found , can any plzzzz tell me how to solve this problem :-? , plz reply,bye
regards

Umster
27-07-2005, 07:55 AM
hi there,
h ru, i had trandfered all the files on my mmc of nokia 6630 the thing is that the works and does not shows the maps i had installed the ovc and then the sis file to install map but when i runned the tomtom it says no maps found, can any body help me and i also changed the location of maps from handyfile to mmc but it still says no maps found , can any plzzzz tell me how to solve this problem :-? , plz reply,bye
regards

Try to remove your mmc card and re-insert it, that did it for me. if not I can send you the file structure in which is mean to be in

w86k
27-07-2005, 09:35 AM
hi then please send the the structure,bye, thanks