PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6340i lessons learned

cron633
24-10-2004, 10:53 AM
I have a Nokia 3560 as well as a 750 "Aircard" for my laptop. I noticed that the TDMA phone "Roams" in many areas in the US that my GSM laptop was happy. In comparing phones on the Nokia site I noticed one phone that supported TDMA, analog and GSM. I found a used 6340i on eBay and when it arrived I did the *3001#... thing to change NAM1, the phone blinked. I then tried my T-mobile SIM card, the Cinguar phone complained until I bought $8 worth of unlock codes from the UK. For $35 tuition, I learned that SIM phones will not support two phone numbers without an adapter. The goal was to have one phone to access my TDMA number and my new T-mobile number. I think there is no solution unless Cellone cooks up a SIM card for my TDMA service. In the meantime the 6340i is a neat phone with an IR interface and other features that the "free" 6010 does not have.

mat_1583
30-10-2004, 11:49 PM
hi cron, i was thinking about getting my moms 6340i fone for free since she just has it in her closet collecting dust since she was given another free fone from cingular a long time ago. my question is after you unlocked it(the gsm part) could you use a tmobile sim in it? did the tdma and amps part which was linked to the original fone number set by cingular prevent the fone from using a different sim with a differrent network? i really don't need the tdma and amps feature since tmobile is a gsm only network. so if you have this info i'd really appreciate it coz i'm still stuck here with an unlocked 3395. i don't want to spend the big bucks on other phones if this one my mom has will work. thanks a lot.

rluciano
18-11-2004, 09:37 PM
My 6340i worked with both t-mobile and at&t sims. :)

cron633
19-11-2004, 10:16 AM
The 6340i works well with my T-Mobile SIM and has several features that are not on the "Free" 6010.