PDA

View Full Version : bluejacking (what do you alll think of it?)

moedawg2k
26-10-2004, 11:52 PM
hi all i stumbled across it a few days ago n i think its kinda funny has anyone else tried it and if so what do you all think?
for those who dont know about it, it is sending messages to bluetooth phones within the bluetooth range and theperson who you send to hasnt a clue it was you. for example:
i sent a messae today to a fella in the car behind saying dont you look the dopey ba***** today " ya should have seen the look on his face.
please please give some feedback i hope it doesnt offend anyone as it is only harmless fun

jontykay
31-10-2004, 11:30 PM
Hi,

While in the london underground i have recieved ...well to put it politely unsolicited messages from "women" inviting me to meet them at various locales.

I assume its just a bit of harmless fun.

Jonty

moedawg2k
09-11-2004, 12:28 AM
ive used it now for about 3 weeks and i love the reaction people get when you send messages like "blue doesnt suit you" or " ya been bluejacked! "
so i think im happy to say no one actually gets harmed so there is no worries here :-D

petrosg
15-11-2004, 06:45 PM
When you connect with another person via bluetooth don't they usually have to type the password that you chose? And then you can conect?

Icedude
30-11-2004, 02:40 AM
When you connect with another person via bluetooth don't they usually have to type the password that you chose? And then you can conect?

only when you want to connect the phones...
when sending messages you don't connect to other phones, only send
like SMS messages, but for free, over the BT radio...

but... I have a T630... only thing I can send is notes...
and... those arent too fun... anything else I can send with my phone??
more like SMS kinda like thingies... anyone know??

moedawg2k
14-12-2004, 11:26 PM
if you save the contact you use along with a picture the you can send that too

AlexTheStampede
08-01-2005, 11:51 PM
and what about mass-bluejacking?you can do that with a p800-900-910 using sman....it can scan for near devices,and bluejack them automatically!way cool.