PDA

View Full Version : unlocking 1100b from Telefonica



myk1
08-11-2004, 04:39 AM
I am trying to unlock a prepaid 1100b from Telefonica in Chile (not Entel Telefonia).
I managed to generate the codes OK with a calculator. Failed on code 7, then worked on code 1.
I put in alternate SIM, and it was barred. Doing some research, sometimes a second code needs to be entered, and 4 was the likely candidate. Tried code 4, but it returned "not allowed".
As can be seen, I did not use up my 5 attempts.

Does anyone know what happened? Can anything be done besides reflashing?

Thanks in advance,
Myk

NOTE: I am reposting this in a busier forum (no reply in 1xxx forum)

myk1
11-11-2004, 11:53 PM
After lots more research, I unlocked the phone using the New Griffin codes (with unlock code 7).

NOTE: My other 1100 (not 1100b) was unlocked OK with the v2 codes a long time ago???

regards,
Myk