PDA

View Full Version : spymode and Nokia 8210

CoolJamie
09-11-2004, 06:23 PM
I've managed to get the spymode patches working with a 3310, but no success with an 8210. Can it be done? Is there a special process (c.f 3310)?

I've searched on the forum, but not found anything that answers the question. Plenty of references to 3310, but not 8210.

Thanks.
Jamie.

andy_con
10-11-2004, 01:15 PM
I've managed to get the spymode patches working with a 3310, but no success with an 8210. Can it be done? Is there a special process (c.f 3310)?

I've searched on the forum, but not found anything that answers the question. Plenty of references to 3310, but not 8210.

Thanks.
Jamie.

Hello, just out of interest what flash file do you have. Because ive got a flash file for a 3310 to convert it into a spy phone, but its mods the whole phone. Does yours mod the whole phone or just add spy mode????

dvirus666
10-11-2004, 02:08 PM

Thanks.
Jamie.

You can patch the spymode.gsc to the 8210 and it will work but the auto answer script does not. I patched my 8210 yesterday and it goes into spymode and works fine but just no auto answer.

andy_con
10-11-2004, 02:13 PM
You can patch the spymode.gsc to the 8210 and it will work but the auto answer script does not. I patched my 8210 yesterday and it goes into spymode and works fine but just no auto answer.

we meet again dvirus, so does that mean there's no way you can get the 8210 to auto answer, ever????

CoolJamie
10-11-2004, 03:01 PM

This is exactly what I have found. I later worked out that pressing the # key, rather than the * triggers the spy mode on the 8210.

How are these patches developed? Perhaps there is a way of modifying the auto-answer script? I'd imagine it doesn't work due to subtle differences in architecture between the 3310 and 8210, and would hope that a simple tweak or two would sort it out to work with the 8210. How on earth do you find out the information to do this though!?

Cheers,
Jamie.

danwood76
10-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Yes it is possible to modify the script
It will simply be that the script was written for the 3310 and cannot find the functions needed for the patch to work

I will take a look

regards,
Danny

andy_con
10-11-2004, 10:27 PM
It will simply be that the script was written for the 3310 and cannot find the functions needed for the patch to work

I will take a look

regards,
Danny

If you do manage to get it working, put it on here so i can have a go.
thanks

jucks
11-11-2004, 01:02 PM
Does anyone have the full flash for 3310 spy mode, i cannot get autoacceptcall to work on 3310, Any suggestions, ?

andy_con
11-11-2004, 01:04 PM
Does anyone have the full flash for 3310 spy mode, i cannot get autoacceptcall to work on 3310, Any suggestions, ?

IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THAT AUTO ACCEPT CALL, ITS UNCLEAR WHAT FORMAT IT NEEDS TO BE IN (MCU, PPM OR PMM). ALSO DOES IT ONLY WORK ON THE 3310???

andy_con
15-11-2004, 05:20 PM

I will take a look

regards,
Danny

did you have any luck with doing this flash file???

CoolJamie
15-11-2004, 05:36 PM
did you have any luck with doing this flash file???

Why, looking to expand your trade on eBay? I thought these patches were made available for non-profit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=6339842942

Seems to be a growing trade on eBay these days.

@Dan, if you do help him out, make sure he gives you a good cut! :) Eitherway, the patch would still be useful.

Cheers,
Jamie.

danwood76
15-11-2004, 05:50 PM
@ Andy_Con

You are not allowed to make profit from any of the patches that G3 and Krisha or any other modder have come up with for two very good reasons

1. Those guys named above will not profit from their hardwork you are infact ripping them off

2. it is actually against the law for you to modify the firmware of a nokia phone

please retract the item from ebay or I will permenantly ban you from these forums

Danny

andy_con
15-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Ive not used anything off these forums to make money. Just cos im selling a mod phone on e-bay does not mean i got it off this web site. You have no proof i got it off these forum and i have proof i didnt get it off these forum.

dvirus666
15-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Ive not used anything off these forums to make money. Just cos im selling a mod phone on e-bay does not mean i got it off this web site. You have no proof i got it off these forum and i have proof i didnt get it off these forum.

What about all the Private Messages ? :D

danwood76
15-11-2004, 07:16 PM
You have no proof i got it off these forum and i have proof i didnt get it off these forum.

You have a point you may have got it of GSM free or another mobile forum

All the same the mod was created by krisha maybee you should be paying him the profit minus cost of the 3310

Krisha is a great modder and doesnt profit off of his work it is not that nokiafree or I own the mods but krisha does

If you sell the work that he has given everyone for free you are ripping him and everyone who did work towards it off

I'll tell you what me and the guys will stop modding here and go cemercial that way we can charge you money for the mods we used to give for free and you will loose out

would you prefer it that way??

I dont think you would!
maybee you will reconsider before flogging other peoples work in future?

I could email ebay and tell them that you have breached nokia copyright on their phone that would mess you up
You would get banned from there (you dont have much chance gtting back there if you are blocked)

the decision is yours
but you will get no support from me

andy_con
15-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Well sorry to tell you this but i paid for it. There was someone on e-bay offering to upgrade 3310s into spy phones. so i said to him ill pay the same amount but send me the flash file instead and he did. Then i was directed this these forums, i have not used anything off these forums to profit. Maby it is someones elses work, but im not the one selling the flash file.

andy_con
15-11-2004, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=danwood76]

I could email ebay and tell them that you have breached nokia copyright on their phone that would mess you up
You would get banned from there (you dont have much chance gtting back there if you are blocked)

Are you stating that modifying the phone software is illegal and/ or breach of copyright? If this is the case then surely all mod'ers are liable. Or are you stating that ebay rules determine this. If so the surely all sellers should be stopped. The tone of this does seem a bit petty bearing in mind that the software was purchased elsewhere or are you stating that all cases on ebay should be referred? The seemingly biggest culprit being from someone called [email protected]. Have you going to reported them?

NokDoc
15-11-2004, 10:47 PM
Mr. Andy_Con,

Shut up.

Talk when U have reasonable thing to be said.

As a reverser/ modder I hope U Urself will notify U are not welcome here with such a mentality.

NokDoc

andy_con
15-11-2004, 11:31 PM
Well none of you have anwsered my question!

danwood76
15-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Are you stating that modifying the phone software is illegal and/ or breach of copyright?

You obviously dont know much about software copyright laws

If you are to profit out of someone elses program code (namely nokias)
then they can sue you for damages especially as you have patched that software

And as krisha has added code into the nokia flash file the code he has added is protected by copyright for him so he could sue you also

As we do not profit out of our reversing and had to buy the nokia handsets in the first place to be able to do our reversing it is ok to a point

When you sell it you are breaking the laws

This is the end of this discussion
I suggest you stay silent from now on and DO NOT sell other peoples work

andy_con
16-11-2004, 09:45 AM
right so what your saying is, its not just me breaking the law but also the people who mod the original flash file. Also, im sure people dont mod the flash file and dont put it on a phone, so im not the only one breaking the law here. Like i said i didnt get the flash file off these forum i brought it off someone, so stop moaning and i will sell what i want on e-bay.

dvirus666
16-11-2004, 10:17 AM
right so what your saying is, its not just me breaking the law but also the people who mod the original flash file. Also, im sure people dont mod the flash file and dont put it on a phone, so im not the only one breaking the law here. Like i said i didnt get the flash file off these forum i brought it off someone, so stop moaning and i will sell what i want on e-bay.

The problem is not modding. The problem is selling phone's for more money than they are worth because they contain 'Spymode' or other extra features.

I have done loads of modding but never sell a flash because 'I DONT OWN THEM'. The copyright of the original flash and the copyright for the scripts belong the the people who wrote them.

Its not just you. Looking on ebay yesterday there are others selling it aswell.
But if you spent loads of hours / days / weeks making something, then someone else sells it off without permission you would not be happy, would you?

andy_con
16-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Thats very true i wouldnt be happy but

One - i brought it off someone and i thought he made it and was selling it to me, so thats not really my fault.

Two - if i was to spend a long time doing something like that i wouldnt put it on a web site like this for people to do what they want with it.

danwood76
16-11-2004, 03:05 PM
Two - if i was to spend a long time doing something like that i wouldnt put it on a web site like this for people to do what they want with it.

Mr Andy_con this your last chance

The reason we all share our work is because we are all learning off of each other, this is the way the community works
Someone will post an idea or some infos and other guys use that information or idea to produce a mod that everyone enjoys
If it didnt work this way you would never have had your spymode flash file and obviously never would be making £50 for a £15 phone

You have missed the point of our lovely forum and obviously dont respect the forum members

This thread is closed

NokDoc
16-11-2004, 05:51 PM
Mr. Andy_Con.

Banned, for being imbicil.

NokDoc