PDA

View Full Version : [script] 3310_4Mb.nrx

mestrini
11-11-2004, 05:58 PM
For those following the discussion in this thread http://nokiafree.org/forums/t69049/h/s.html and for all that would like to have a 3330 converted to a 3310 with lots of free space i release here 2 scripts to increase the size of a 3310 flash to 4Mb!

One of them increases the PPM with 2Mb of "FFFF's" and the other pushes PPM to the end of the file and injects 2Mb of "FFFF's" after MCU.

Please note that the scripts were written to work on original 3310 flash files!!! :o

To know more about it just use nokix to read scripts' info (read instructions carefully).

remeber to remove the .txt extension ;)

enjoy :D

ShadoW2004
11-11-2004, 06:53 PM
And where is file?

mestrini
12-11-2004, 01:25 AM
And where is file?

Sorry m8 but had to temporarily remove it to make some changes and add another one ;)

check first post again and download files :D

post comments if you'd like

cheers

yak
12-11-2004, 04:52 PM
Heh, cool. It creates a new file (which is not very nice) but it had to be done like that beacause NokiX can't change the size of a flash. Right now I'm preparing to next update and have a version that can do this by simply changing the value of "flash_size" environment variable. The new space is filled with 0xFF. The PPM could be moved then using getdata/setdata commands. This, some scripts update and some new scripts will be available soon...

mestrini
12-11-2004, 05:45 PM
that's right m8. i didn't say it here but it's in the file's info that two files are generated when running the patch: one that is an exact copy of the input flash and another patched and enlarged.

I know it goes against the purpose of the program but it gave me no choice :-P

btw, this made me learn REXX more deeply :-D

who knows where i can go from here hehe

cheers

NokDoc
12-11-2004, 06:53 PM
who knows where i can go from here hehe...

Hi,

Seems cool stuff to me.

Also quite complex, while I'm still not used to scripts.

Mr. Yak,

We gotto watch out, rocket coming by... ;)

NokDoc