PDA

View Full Version : Nokix and dumping unicode menu language !

ema2000
17-11-2004, 12:27 AM
hi guyz am askin abt how cod i write unicode strings so it can appear correctly using nokix
thx

mestrini
17-11-2004, 01:40 AM
first of all u must get a text dump of all the original strings of the firmware u wanna edit. U can use PPMManager for that purpose.
then check which characters correspond to the letters you'll be using (\x91; \x8B for example)
last just write the strings u want with the chars u found in previous step

check this to see what i mean: http://nokiafree.org/forums/showpost.php?p=323458&postcount=58

hope it's what u're looking for m8 :-D

cheers

ema2000
17-11-2004, 01:58 AM
thx man 4 ur quick reply , i'll check it right now % tell u the results

ema2000
17-11-2004, 02:19 AM
oh man i can lose my eyez for making a new menu using that way :D , but at least it works , anyway thx

Electronic79
17-11-2004, 08:15 PM
@ ema2000

Try to use PPMMaker. This program has fully unicode support. U can save text chunk of any language you want, then edit it in MS Word or WordPad. As for me first of all save my unicode language pack and english lang. pack, then I change all strings in my language with english strings, save flash file and then use it in nokiX project. In patched flash i do the same, but now i paste previous saved unicode strings in my text file. Then all you have to do is translate added english strings into your language, paste this text file in the moded flash using PPMMaker and save it. That's all ! I use PPMMaker v1.05 by Al.

ema2000
17-11-2004, 11:09 PM
@Electronic79
my prob is , i wanna add new unicode ppm strings to my unicode language and then use it in nokix 2 make my menu so it can appear correctly , u know changing unicodes strings is not a prob , the prob is adding :(

yak
21-11-2004, 07:31 PM
it's very simple. I assume you know now to add normal string (ascii) with add_ppm_strings.nrx. so, doubleclick the add_ppm_strings.nrx in NokiX. you will see this:

TEXT [VAR=<var_name>]
<lang>:<string>

var_name - name of the environment pool variable, after
adding this variable will contain the string ID

lang - PPM language identifier (ENGL, GERM, POLI, ...)

string - the actual string, may contain following codes:
\xHH - inserts char with ascii code HH (in HEX)
\uHHHH - inserts char with unicode code HHHH (in HEX)

So you see, you can use \uHHHH where HHHH is the hexadecimal Unicode character code you want to use.

ema2000
22-11-2004, 12:54 AM
thx mr Yak for these info , i'll give it a try , i hope to be done coz iam not good with hex codes , but iam trying to learn :D

Electronic79
23-11-2004, 08:34 PM
it's very simple. I assume you know now to add normal string (ascii) with add_ppm_strings.nrx. so, doubleclick the add_ppm_strings.nrx in NokiX. you will see this:

TEXT [VAR=<var_name>]

var_name - name of the environment pool variable, after
adding this variable will contain the string ID

lang - PPM language identifier (ENGL, GERM, POLI, ...)

string - the actual string, may contain following codes:
\xHH - inserts char with ascii code HH (in HEX)
\uHHHH - inserts char with unicode code HHHH (in HEX)

So you see, you can use \uHHHH where HHHH is the hexadecimal Unicode character code you want to use.

@ Mr Yak

This works only if you have not unicode <lang> in your flash. Everything will be OK. But if you try to add strings using \uHHHH to unicode <lang> (like Chineese, Russian, Bulgarian etc.) which already have unicode chars you have a problem with it. :-?