PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Nokia 3100 vodafone sim



marskev
19-11-2004, 12:23 AM
Hi
Could anyone help. Bought Nokia 3100 locked to vodafone, got it unlocked and used an orange sim. Everything worked ok until my Orange contract was up and I now wish to use Vodafone contract sim. When I put in the vodafone sim it comes up with message phone is restricted? So I decided to unlock it again - when I do this I get message "phone is unrestricted".
Cant quite understand what is happening here because the phone is definately unlocked. Ive tried different sims - virgin, O2 and T Mobile - all work ok, so why not the Vodafone?
I would just like to add when I bought the phone new it was locked to Vodafone network.
Any views and solutions would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Marsaili

simmo59
28-12-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi
Could anyone help. Bought Nokia 3100 locked to vodafone, got it unlocked and used an orange sim. Everything worked ok until my Orange contract was up and I now wish to use Vodafone contract sim. When I put in the vodafone sim it comes up with message phone is restricted? So I decided to unlock it again - when I do this I get message "phone is unrestricted".
Cant quite understand what is happening here because the phone is definately unlocked. Ive tried different sims - virgin, O2 and T Mobile - all work ok, so why not the Vodafone?
I would just like to add when I bought the phone new it was locked to Vodafone network.
Any views and solutions would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Marsaili
Sounds to me like Orange & Vodafone use different frequency. Check to see what each carrier uses.Had a similar problem..unrestricted phone but no signal.

browntoa
28-12-2004, 03:23 PM
try unlocking using code 5, some orange phones need this opening as well for some reason, it should work on ANY network in the UK

aboos
02-06-2005, 12:23 PM
try unlocking using code 5, some orange phones need this opening as well for some reason, it should work on ANY network in the UK

Sounds to me like you tried to unlock your phone to Orange again
which ofcourse is pointless cause it is already unlocked to Orange,
so when you use the calc. specify the Vodafone company not Orange.
(Becarefull you have 5 codes to try out!No more.)

I hope this helps(Any way I think when you try to unlock it to Vdafon you
won't make it unless you directly unlock your phone with a Griffin or so..,a 3100 problem!!!) :-?