PDA

View Full Version : Gizmondo

joe_cool_9000
19-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Well, everyone could see it coming... The N-gage was soon enough going to be over powered, and sure enough it will soon be here: GIZMONDO. :( I'm not sure weather to be happy or not. Well I'm not too sure if this is a phone or not, I think it has every phone feature except the all important actual phone part. Though that wont really bother many. But anyways I'll let you guys check out the PS2 of hand held systems for your selves. ( this new evil console even comes in evil black!) :eek:

Tell me your veiws on this creation...

Here's the site address: http://www.gizmondo.com/

yuppo
19-11-2004, 01:17 AM
There used to be a post about this here when it first came out but since it's nothing to do with the symbian platform it was moved to the lounge.

My conclusion was that it doesn't have the phone etc that the ngage has and it doesn't match the psp in power so it's basically worthless. Also from the games in it's launch lineup it has little or no main developer support, the killer hurdle for many a platform.

joe_cool_9000
19-11-2004, 01:22 AM
no developer? sure the console has no developer, but they already have desert strom, Rally, and many others that are already out. There some big time developers if ya ask me. It doesn't appear that it has a phone, but the reason for putting it to symbian was so n-gagers etc could see the comparisons. but I hope your right mate...

Real_CHiP
19-11-2004, 10:23 AM
There will always be new developments wich is a good thing to keep up the competition and to get inovative devices. As I see it the Ngage is the only handheld gaming console with phone functions but not the most powerfull. Within 3 months the Sony PSP will make it's entrance and will overshadow every handheld in raw power. Next week we have the release of the Nintendo DS. A handheld with good support from developpers. Nokia needs to keep up the pace if it wants to stay in the handheld market... Then again we saw a few nice releases the past month. If they keep that up and release a follow up to the Ngage within 3-4 months it could be a major player... Just my 2 cents...

tzeonn
20-11-2004, 02:30 PM
moved to lounge... again.