PDA

View Full Version : Getting UID for Sis file

The Wiep
20-11-2004, 10:58 AM
Hi,

I was looking in to the sis creating stuff 'cause I would like to repack the n-gage games in a sis file for easy installation on 7610 since I can't put my mmc in a card reader as it gets corrupt

reading up on this I got to a point where it says you need a UID:

Then come the UID of the application (here 0x0010D003). This value shall be obtained from Symbian if you intend to distribute your application (read Requesting an UID for your application).

so now I was wondering how I should get an UID for this repack, symbian ain't gonna give it to me I guess...
is there anybody that can help me with this?

thanks in advance

The Wiep
20-11-2004, 11:39 AM
maybe I can take one from a program that is only available on 9200, this way it can never give incompat with existing apps on S60..

may try that later today

Pou_pee
20-11-2004, 02:38 PM
so now I was wondering how I should get an UID for this repack, symbian ain't gonna give it to me I guess...
is there anybody that can help me with this?

thanks in advance

just use FExplorer and choose properties(#) at xxx.app file. Look for the UID3 :smile:

The Wiep
21-11-2004, 12:56 AM
hehe, thanks for the info
grabbed it ok

well, I created a sis from the ngage game the elder scrolls, the file is 12MB
transferred it to my phone through usb and started the install
everythings works fine untill it reaches about 97%, there it stops
dunno why 'cause when I look in the menu, the icon is already there
I must say that the sis contains 1938 files, perhaps my 7610 is having trouble with it or perhaps setup is still cleaning up or something like that
any info is welcome :)

perhaps if I wait a bit longer it works out fine...

Neophyte88
21-11-2004, 01:25 AM
What about the app MakeSis ?

Pou_pee
21-11-2004, 09:25 AM
hehe, thanks for the info
grabbed it ok

well, I created a sis from the ngage game the elder scrolls, the file is 12MB
transferred it to my phone through usb and started the install
everythings works fine untill it reaches about 97%, there it stops
dunno why 'cause when I look in the menu, the icon is already there
I must say that the sis contains 1938 files, perhaps my 7610 is having trouble with it or perhaps setup is still cleaning up or something like that
any info is welcome :)

perhaps if I wait a bit longer it works out fine...

Can you install a SIS file of that size? I think you've gotta have a free space in C: equal to a prog size (coz it will have to copy itself to C:\Nokia\Install\.. before it starts to install)

Btw, you can compile it into more SIS files instead :smile:

The Wiep
21-11-2004, 09:33 AM
well, it worked fine after all, only it took like 45 minutes and eventually the games doesn't seem to run on my phone :)
when you run the installer you can choose 2 times where the install goes
the first time you choose where the setup is saved and the second time where it is installed..
tried it with rayman and this one works perfect

Neophyte88: the app MakeSis needs a pkg file which you have to create
in this pkg file you have to profid all the info (which files go where, ... and also the UID)