PDA

View Full Version : VP20 Schematic and PCB...

Serdem
06-10-2002, 07:33 PM
There are two files attached to this post. One of them is VP20 PCB and other is schematic diagram which is created by me from PCB.

I build VP20 from this schema but before as i said it's not working.

If there are any experts about this programmer please check the schematic and if there is any mistake please let me know...

Best Regards.

Manipulator
07-10-2002, 02:29 AM
i have take a look to your schematic,i haven't finish check,but it seem like no problem,still now,but your schematic is very confusing,it is better to look at pcb board to build the programmer than look at your schematic.

Manipulator
07-10-2002, 02:39 AM
i seem like it has some problem at the switch part.i check this schematic with what i remember only,bocz i just draw the schematic few day ago.i'm not free now will check it agian later.

Serdem
07-10-2002, 12:16 PM
Yes, you are rigth. My schematic is too confusing. Proteus making too complex circuits and it needs manual corrections... but i didn't have enough time for correct some sections...

If i made mistake drawing circuit from PCB then i am waiting your corrections...

Best Regards and thank you for your attention...

Manipulator
09-10-2002, 09:53 AM
ok i have correct the schematic,i has two misstake.only small misstake.you programmer should work fine after you correct this two part.unless you make wrong connection on transistor,diode and led.

Serdem
09-10-2002, 02:36 PM
Thank you for your help.

With your corrections, one of my problem solved. Now i am able to write or read Program+Data section of PIC16F877 on silver card.

But i have two problem.

One of them is reading KI and IMSI with SIMSCAN. Program allways says "Card don't sent answer to Reset!" and stops running. I tried full screen dos window on Win98 and pure dos with CWSDPMI or DEXDEBUG but same problem.

Another problem is reading or writing eprom data to 24LC64 on silver card. I used many program such as Cardwriter, Icprog, ponyprog etc. but none of them couldn't write or read eprom data. For example cardwriter program installing built-in loader and when begin write to eprom the read/write led on programmer flashing about 1 sec period and nothing happen. After long time waiting program giving "error write to eprom"

Also with cardinal says "no byte(s) in input buffer. Check the card" and there is no read/write led activation an programmer.

If you have any advice about these problems please let me know.

Best Regards.

Manipulator
10-10-2002, 05:14 AM
for writing eeprom date to a silver card you need to set the programmer to phoniex mode.for reading we useally use smartmouse mode,but with vp20,i think you can set it to phonies mode to read it.
i haven't have time to build the vp20 so i don't know how it work.
ask KnOeFz for help,he use vp20 to read KI and program silvercard.post the answer here after you ask him.

Serdem
10-10-2002, 07:49 AM
Thank you Manipulator.

After my last post, i got KI and IMSI from my orijinal sim. The problem was wrong mode selection as you said. For reading KI and IMSI, VP20 must be in mouse mode.

But eprom problem didn't solved yet. I will ask it to KnOeFz.

Best Regards.

KnOeFz
10-10-2002, 05:39 PM
I understand ki extraction with sim_scan was ok ...

I program my gold/greencard with Icprog 1.05
For me programming only works on 3.5 mhz, not 6 mhz, so make sure both the programmer and Icprog are set to 3.5 mhz.

I generated the hex with simemu 5.0, this is greencard version, if you use silvercard use sim_emu 4.10.

First prog the flash... set ic prog to pic16f877 and make sure vp20 is in ludipipo mode (switch down). Load the flash file. If it won't work try to set Icprog to phoenix mode (settings, smartcard(phoenix) should be set)...

next set Icprog to phoenix mode (settings, smartcard(phoenix) should be set)
Set vp20 to phoenix mode (switch up)
set icprog to 24c64 for silvercard or 24c128 for greencard.
Load the eeprom file and prog it.

that's it....

-=K=-

Serdem
10-10-2002, 07:37 PM
Thank you KnOeFz...

I did all of them you said.

Writing to pic is ok but when i select 24c64 and Smartcard mode from icprog then press write button the program giving "Card reset failed" error and there is no read/write led activity on the vp20 programmer. Also using another programs such as cardwriter or ponyprog i got similar errors.

I tried all switch and jumper combinations and allways used 3.5 Mhz setting and xtal on the vp20 and icprog but i got same error.

Writing to pic is ok but eprom not yet.

Best Regards.

Manipulator
11-10-2002, 06:02 AM
as KnOeFz say,put you long switch up,and all the jumper to phoenix mode,3.579MHz.
set the icprog to phoenix reader,and set crystal speed at setting.i should work fine,if you can program the pic.
unless you have problem when you program the pic.do you get the message of pic success verifyed when you program the pic.
the simemu hex file contian eeprom loader,so it should not be any problem when program the eeprom.
did you use the right component for the reader.
the transister should be BC558C not BC558B,and BC548C not BC548B,you can use the B type but be carefull with the pinout.

Serdem
11-10-2002, 08:21 AM
Writing or reading pic no problem. Also verifying is too.

I can read all code from pic . But writing eprom is problem.

Last nigth i tried to making a home made gold card (Pic 16F84A+24C16) and i connected it to vp20. VP20 programmed this gold card's pic and eprom with no error. I verified pic and eprom after programming and there is no problem.

But with silver card i have read and write problem.

I couldn't find C series transistors, i have B series and i used them but as i said before vp20 wrote gold card's eprom with these components.

I guess vp20 has a problem with silver cards.

One question to you; Can you explain switch position on the schema? Which pins connected each other on which mode?

Best Regards.

Manipulator
11-10-2002, 08:37 AM
than i think you don't know how to use the icprog to program the silvercard.the icprog can use to program the goldcard easyly,but to program you need some technik.
here is link to vp20 mode setting
click whatever vp20 text you see.
http://www.digital-sistem.com/urun.asp

Serdem
13-10-2002, 06:20 PM
Ok my friends problems solved.

The problem was my silver card's failure. I got new card and everything is ok... Now i have one card with 3 operators. :)

Best Regards and thank you for all.

nonu_don
15-10-2002, 04:10 AM
hey will anybody like to tell me what is this vp20 used for, ie what exactly vp20 is????

naman

KnOeFz
15-10-2002, 06:34 AM
search old topics... everything is there... even including photo's

-=K=-

a90394466
02-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Is this a silver card? It is a 5 to 1 sim.

Manipulator
22-11-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Serdem
Ok my friends problems solved.

The problem was my silver card's failure. I got new card and everything is ok... Now i have one card with 3 operators. :)

Best Regards and thank you for all.

i have make the pcb that you attach here,but i having problem with the card detect part.i not sure that the problem is come from my transistor or not,but i think the problem is on the pcb it self.

the vp20 only work to reader simcard after i cut/broken the circuit to card detect,because the card detect switch has grounded the voltage that need to read/program the chip.

are you having this problem,what transistor you use,how you connect it,can you simply draw out the circuit/position how you connect the transistor for me.
i can't find out other problem.i use bc548c and bc558C.

thanks in advance.

Serdem
26-11-2002, 11:03 PM
The card detect switch must be closed if there is no card in the programmer. When you insert card to programmer the card detect switch must be opened.

There are two type sim card sockets arround and you must use closed switch type when there is no card in the socket...

I used "c" series of transistors too.

If you want transistor's pinout and locations on the pcb i guess the attached pictures will help you... If i misunderstand you sorry...

Best Regards...

Serdem
26-11-2002, 11:17 PM
Also i have simple schematic version of VP20.

I removed external eprom socket, card detect switch and some connections for card slot because it's not necessary for programming sim card.

It's working very well...

Best Regards...

Manipulator
27-11-2002, 06:48 AM
i don't think that the card detect should close when card not in.i should be open.if the card detect is close when card is not insert,than we can just skip the part,and don't need to buy transistor for that part.
i has test the vp20 as card detect close when no card insert,and card detect is open when no card is insert with a smartcard reader driver that need card detect to be open when no card is insert.the driver work fine for his reader with card detect,but it can't work with vp20(card insert open/close).
any idea what software can use to test the card detect.

Serdem
27-11-2002, 01:38 PM
I am sure the card detect must be closed when card not in the slot. Also as i said before it's not necessary for cloning GSM sim cards. Remove this connections from schema (i posted modified schema before).

May be you can use KiExtractor for card detect function test. It's Cardinal's plug-in.

p.s: I modified my post with attached transistor.zip. I had an mistake and corrected... So sorry about this...

Best Regards...

Manipulator
28-11-2002, 06:49 AM
@Serdem

thanks for the info.
yes,the problem is on my crad connector that card detect open when no card insert.

but the card reader is work fine for program the pic,simcard and eeprom.as i say after i remove the card detect part.the card detect in here has no big effect.

Serdem
30-11-2002, 12:18 AM
Yes, the card detect part is only used for programming external eprom where inserted in the 4x4 empty socket on the programmer. Also may be used for programming some other smartcards but as i said before it's not necessary for programming sim cards...

Best Regards

zx9999
29-12-2002, 03:26 PM
hello

i want to build vp20 programmer
i am interested in the first version not the simpler one made by serdem

1. can you please tell me the complete components list because i can not see in the scematics very good .
2. what is the name of the large switch .i can not find it and need the exact name and model to order it.
3. what about the smart card socket. what is the exact model and name so i can order it too. has it something special in it ??

thank you very much in advance

zx
you can e-mail at [email protected]

john

Serdem
29-12-2002, 06:28 PM
Hi zx9999....

Part List for VP20 according to original schematic;

1 x 4049 IC
1 x 3.57 Mhz Xtal
1 x 6 Mhz Xtal
2 x Green Led (3 or 5 mm)
2 x Red Led (3 or 5 mm)
2 x BC548 Transistor
1 x BC558 Transistor
1 x 7812 Voltage Ragulator
2 x 6.2V Zener Diode
1 x 5.1V Zener Diode
1 x 1N4001 Diode
1 x 220uF Capacitor
1 x 100nF Capacitor
2 x 24pF Capacitor
1 x 4.7M Resistor
6 x 2.2K Resistor
5 x 10K Resistor
2 x 150 Ohm Resistor
2 x 1 Ohm Resistor (you can short circuit with wire instead of these)
1 x DB9 female serial port connector
1 x IC socket for externel eprom (4x4 pin)
1 x IC socket for 4049 (8x8 pin)
1 x Amphenol smart card socket with card detect switch
1 x Mode Switch ( I don't know it's model name)

that's it.... I hope there are no forgotten parts because i listed them from schematic.. :)

I don't know exact model of mode switch but if you couldn't find this switch you can use two or three separate switches instead of it....

I drawn connection diagram of mode switch on my simple vp20 schematic...

Best Regards...

zx9999
29-12-2002, 10:09 PM
thank you very much for your reply

i took a look at the schematics again and i noticed that :

35 1 x L7812 Voltage regulator ( is it L7812 or just 7812)
34 1 x 1N4002 Diode (is it 1N4002 or 1N4001)
32 1 x 220 mF Capasitor (is it 220mF or 220uF)

numbers 35 34 32 is in the scematics - attachment below

can you please also take a look in this scematic and tell me if i put
in the right place the components ?

thanks again for your help

john

Manipulator
30-12-2002, 06:34 AM
>>is it L7812 or just 7812)
it is the same depant to company the make the chip.

>>is it 1N4002 or 1N4001)
both also can use.

>>is it 220mF or 220uF)
it is a 220uF

zx9999
30-12-2002, 09:04 PM
thanks for the answer

can you please also take a look in this scematic and tell me if i put
in the right place the components ?

anyone knows the name of the switch so i can order it somewhere ?

where did you found that ?

manipulator and longbow i think you build vp20
or any other friend if knows the name - description of the switch please tell me

Trader
31-12-2002, 06:33 PM
What program should I use to open the file posted
09-10-2002 "corrected vp20 schematic" by manopulator?

Where can I find a user manual in English to VP20
to get help with settings of the different modes?

Regards

zx9999
01-01-2003, 12:48 AM
you need winzip to unzip the file and acdsee to view the .jpg file inside

if you look all the posts you will see the settings for different modes (friends of the forum explained it)

i need someone who built it to take a look my previous post to tell me if i have the right components in the right place

thanks

Manipulator
01-01-2003, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Trader
What program should I use to open the file posted
09-10-2002 "corrected vp20 schematic" by manopulator?

Where can I find a user manual in English to VP20
to get help with settings of the different modes?

Regards

just use any picture viewer to open it,or just use windows mspaint.exe

i atach some manual in english here,hope it can help

Trader
01-01-2003, 06:14 PM
I dont have ACDsee to open"corrected vp20 schematic" with,
but I have tried several image softwares including konvertor
that konverts over 400 types of image files.Not even
that software can open this file,so I think someone has
manipulated the file.
Is it possible to upload it again.
Best regards

Manipulator
02-01-2003, 06:36 AM
someone has
manipulated the file.
Is it possible to upload it again.
Best regards

nope,i still can open the picture using only mspaint that come with windows98/ME.
are you using windows.i told you to use the mspaint to open it,have you try,i draw the picture also using the program.

look for the program in
C:\Program Files\Accessories
the drawing program.

zx9999
02-01-2003, 05:01 PM
in the attachment below i made o photo with components on the pcb
i need someone that actually build the vp20 programmer to tell me if this is the right place for the components

if you have the time please take a look and answer

thank you very much

Trader
04-01-2003, 06:09 PM
Hi.
If anyone has downloaded the zip-file
"corrected vp20 schematic" and succeded to open it with
any software,please send the file to this email adress.
[email protected]

Best regards

Trader
05-01-2003, 06:13 PM
Hi again.
I have a better idea,can anyone in words describe the
two faults in the schematic that was posted first by Serdam.
Regards

Manipulator
07-01-2003, 09:56 AM
Hi.
If anyone has downloaded the zip-file
"corrected vp20 schematic" and succeded to open it with
any software,please send the file to this email adress.
[email protected]

Best regards

?????are you using windows.i told you to use the mspaint to open it,have you try,i draw the picture also using the program.look for the program in
C:\Program Files\Accessories
the drawing program.
i have download it and open it with mspaint.it run fine.
the file is zip by winzip, open it with winzip is better.
go to start menu==> run ==>type in "mspaint" and run it.

Trader
07-01-2003, 09:14 PM
I have tried every image-software I have including Paint,
there are an error message "not valid image file".
I use winzip and WIN ME.
So it is impossible to open it for me.
But as I wrote before you can describe in a few words
if you have the time.
Then I try to program a goldcard with ChipCat I get
an error message "loader doesnt work"

Serdem
07-01-2003, 10:17 PM
To Manipulator;

Your attachment about vp20 is not in english...

Best Regards...

Serdem
07-01-2003, 10:21 PM
I have tried every image-software I have including Paint,
there are an error message "not valid image file".
I use winzip and WIN ME.
So it is impossible to open it for me.
But as I wrote before you can describe in a few words
if you have the time.
Then I try to program a goldcard with ChipCat I get
an error message "loader doesnt work"

Unzipped and corrected vp20 schematic picture attached to this message...

Best Regards...

Manipulator
09-01-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Serdem
To Manipulator;

Your attachment about vp20 is not in english...

Best Regards...

hamm,i attached wrong file.
give me two day times,when i'm home,i attach it agian.
sorry.:p :rolleyes: :confused: :p :p :grin:

bernardo
15-01-2003, 06:44 PM
hi i made the vp 20 from serdem sheme and it works fine.
the vp 20 shematics is hard to open on win98 without acd see.
i opened on xp with no problem.
instead of bc 548 and 558 i use bc 547 557 b.if samoone neds help in bilding vp20 i can help him.

mrgr5
27-01-2003, 03:05 PM
hi
i make vp20 from the simple vp20 schematic that you given
and check all part of it by using an osilloscope and everything
is ok , but when i want to program my gold card , it do nothing !
my smart card reader has a jumper , if i must close it after i put the card in it or not ?
i think if its not my problem , it is in jumper setting .... i make the main switch with jumpers (5 jumper which each have 3 state)
can you tell me full describtion for programming gold card and fun card (with vp20)..... i act from the schematic but i think it is not told every thing ....
i have turkish pdf of it not english one , if anybody have other please send it to me

blacklisted
27-01-2003, 03:08 PM
i am not tooo professional i can read the vp20 i want to make does some one / kind enough to make pcb ro if it exits u/l it here

thank you u ppl are great

w0rf
27-01-2003, 10:14 PM
@bernardo did you make your own pcb? or did you use a test print card to build it
I'm wondering..coz I don't have pcb tools, if it can be done with a test print..

bernardo
27-01-2003, 10:29 PM
hi i made the pcb my self is not a problem with right tools.
if you have someone that can make it for you ask him or you can use a test pcg and bild it your self.

w0rf
27-01-2003, 10:52 PM
don't have the tools, maybe one day I'll get some:)

but..I found a place where they sold vp20 pcbs (including switch & smartcard socket) for self building..but its not available anymore:(
but the guy told me a successor for this programmer would be available soon, so, hope they have a self build kit for it soon,
sounds good:)

bernardo
27-01-2003, 11:05 PM
hi i can help you bild it if you are interested i can bild the pcb and
provide you the switch and rhe smard card socet if you want it?

tanveerriaz
03-02-2003, 01:40 AM
may be useful.

blacklisted
03-02-2003, 03:38 PM
u r excellent all good things should be free

tanveerriaz
04-02-2003, 02:47 AM
software
http://www.smartdijital.com/destek.htm

http://ceker.8m.com
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ceker/chipcat23.zip http://64.239.47.219/chipcatproggi.htm
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ceker/cartwriter1.82.zip http://64.239.47.219/Cardwriterproggi.htm
http://home.wanadoo.nl/ceker/ic1.4.zip http://64.239.47.219/goldwaferkart.htm
http://64.239.47.219/DTFAq.htm this links for Cryptoworks sisytem manuel http://64.239.47.219/
http://mitglied.lycos.de/canbaz1/arsiv/
http://64.239.47.218/

mkwatis
05-02-2003, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Serdem
[B]Ok my friends problems solved.

Qn: If you have these three operators what displays on the phone, how about the acthive ness of these three lines if somebody calls you in two of them o r you need divertion?in order to be available in these lines?

nonu_don
23-02-2003, 05:41 AM
hi
just downloaded the serdem's simplified corrected vp20 schematics (w/o card detect, socket, etc). have anyone of u ever tried this circuit. i mean is this schematics tested and verified, cause i got the material today and will start building tomm.

well 1 more stuff, do u got a pcb design for this scematics,,, or can i use the original vp20 1.1 pcb design over this simplified schematics. cause i dont have a amphenol card socket. so wont it make a prob in detecting the card.

Plz help me.

Naman

nonu_don
23-02-2003, 11:23 AM
just 1 more thing, i have one file ie vp20.pcb

it may be some kind of design layout of vp20 in some software. plz tell me how and which applications to use to open this file.

attaching the file...

Naman

nonu_don
23-02-2003, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by nonu_don
just 1 more thing, i have one file ie vp20.pcb

it may be some kind of design layout of vp20 in some software. plz tell me how and which applications to use to open this file.

attaching the file...

Naman

THNX BUT GOT THE ANSWER

it uses P-CAD 2001,,

http://www.acceltech.com/resources/downloads/utilities/p-cad2001/viewer2001/p-cad2001viewer.exe

and, its different pcb then those availabla for download,,, it says
Ver. 1.2 and what we have on this post is 1.1

Naman

Serdem
23-02-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by mkwatis
Qn: If you have these three operators what displays on the phone, how about the acthive ness of these three lines if somebody calls you in two of them o r you need divertion?in order to be available in these lines? [/B]

Hi mkwatis...

Sorry my late answer.

Only one line can active and you can't use other lines. If you want to change active line you can use "Sim Emu" menu and select one of the other lines also you can divert each lines to others...

Best Regards...

mkwatis
26-02-2003, 06:07 PM
Serdem, Thanks very much to let me know this so it works the same as twin card adopter...thx

makoglu
12-03-2003, 02:19 PM
selam serdem. Burda türkçe konuşulmaz mı bi şey soracam da ? smart kart soketi piyasada mevcut mu ? nereden bulurum ? (ingilizcem orta da )

im lokking for ampherol smart cart socket with card detect socket ? is there in the market ?

mesajımın gittiğini anlaymadım da

nonu_don
25-06-2003, 03:49 AM
how to program at89c4051 with my vp20 programmer...????

Please help, i dont know how to connect this programmer to the at89c4051...

[email protected]
Thnx in advance
Naman

lordhendrix
24-07-2003, 02:15 AM

Serdem
25-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by makoglu
selam serdem. Burda türkçe konuşulmaz mı bi şey soracam da ? smart kart soketi piyasada mevcut mu ? nereden bulurum ? (ingilizcem orta da )

im lokking for ampherol smart cart socket with card detect socket ? is there in the market ?

mesajımın gittiğini anlaymadım da

You can find sim card socket in every cellular phone technical services especially in Istanbul, Izmir or Ankara. May be you can use old or malfunctioned phones main board's sim card socket...

In Turkish:
Bu soketler genellikle her cep telefonu servisinde bulunur. Bazıları satmayabilir ama genelde satıyorlar. Büyük tip soket bulmak biraz zor olabilir ama küçük tip soket daha kolay bulunuyor. Ya da hurdalıklardan eski bir telefonun ana kartını alıp üzerindeki soketi kullanabilirsin.

djshadow7
26-07-2003, 06:09 PM
i saw sim master 3 on sale online. i am tryin to clone 2 sims on to one card so i can have both networks to use. is thins possible? is not i want to make a copy of a sim and use a dual sim in my phone on at& t and on t-mobile. what can be done?
cheers

nakkoush
31-10-2003, 12:06 AM
hello there
i know it's an old post but i hope to find someone to help me...
is there any model name for the switch in VP-20
any help
thank you in advance
Nicolas

parcben
07-11-2003, 02:01 AM
what is ICI In VP-20 Programmer Post #13 of 13

need help about The schem..Of the vp-20
What is IC1 ?.. in the shema it is the 4049 ic...
But the 4049 have 14 pin (2 x 7 like all 40xx IC Serie )..
in the pcb of programmer IC1 have 16 Pin (2 x 8 - like max232)
what's the exact IC....please help me to build the programmer ..
thenk for all.
email : [email protected]

oxygen007m
24-11-2003, 02:45 PM
hi all guys .
thanks for your great information about programming
external eeproms on gold wafer or silver card . i have the same problems
with 24c16 on gorld card as serdem mentioned , but i use my
ludi-phoenix2 programmer istead of VP-20 .
i found it at this link : http://www.geocities.com/ludiphoenix/
is there any one exprimented with this programmer please tell me .
--------------------
thanks in advance

matttii
11-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Hi to everyone

I have a problem using vp20 scheme. I have done everything what is on the Serdem`s posted scheme and it does not work in any program.

I use chipcat 3.0 and 2.4 and it tells me a message "AVR device error $000000"

I have corrected old scheme into new one, but there is still the same problem.

So what software do you recommend for programming funcards?

Thanks for reply and help!

Serdem
10-04-2004, 02:25 PM
Hi to everyone
So what software do you recommend for programming funcards?

Thanks for reply and help!

Hi matttii...

If there is no problem your programmer then you can use Master Burner or Card Writer programs for read or write cards.

Best Regards...

sujithhardzone
21-10-2006, 04:08 PM
PLease......... where is the schematic ????????