PDA

View Full Version : Camera sound

luetchyboy
25-11-2004, 12:01 AM
There is no option to turn of that annoying camera noise everytime I take a picture. Is this because of the firmware version (currently 4.05) or can nothing be done about it? If it is a firmware problem will i be able to downgrade to a version with this included or am i stuck with that annoying sound forever. I plan to have the phone flashed soon would just like to know before i do anything.
Thanks in advance.

julian400uk
25-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I am afraid it is not possible to switch off.
Nokia introduced this in the latest firmware as it is the law in Japan for all camera products to make a click when taking a picture so people around are aware of you doing so and the law may come over to europe. If you really hate it, you have no option but to downgrade firmware.

luetchyboy
25-11-2004, 10:37 PM
Thanks for that answer. However i have a couple more questions that i would like answered. Firstly Will most shops that flash phones be able to downgrade it for me? Secondly I am not sure whether this is a lock issue of network issue, when i try to dial a number it says Call not allowed. But i can recieve calls send sms use gprs etc. So I think i may have used the wrong unlocking code could anyone confirm this for me, thanks in advance.

momagic
26-11-2004, 12:08 AM
put your fone on silent?

luetchyboy
26-11-2004, 10:44 AM
Nope it isn't that easy it is the firmware version 4.05