PDA

View Full Version : [script] Double_3310.nrx

mestrini
04-12-2004, 01:56 AM
Hi guys,

yak promised new features in latest nokix release and he kept his word. 8)
This allowed me to make the script i wanted ever since the idea came across my eyes (http://nokiafree.org/forums/t69049/h/s.html)
The limitations from last version forced me to create the "two files" script (http://nokiafree.org/forums/t70116/h/s.html) but now that's all in the past and u can increase the size of a 3310 flash to the double and use it in a 3330 all in one nokix patching session along with other scripts. :grin:

All i've made so far was a script to increase MCU but as soon as i managed i'll do the same for PPM ;-)

All i ask now is for someone to read the following post (http://nokiafree.org/forums/showpost.php?p=342818&postcount=33 ) , try it and share their experiences with me. see pics that prove that my 3310 fits a 4Mb flash (confirmed with memory editor) :-?

cheers

enjoy

and thanks

deadspot
04-12-2004, 02:07 AM
sir whats the purpose of double the flash file???it will increase ringingtone picture message etc....sorry for my ignorace

10x

mestrini
04-12-2004, 02:15 AM
It's of bigger importance for modders since they have a lot of free space to create slideshows, animations and graphics for their flashes :D

As for increasing the number of ringtones and picture messages it's a matter of increase size of eeprom or write better to it (still in early stage of study and mainly by one guy - Nokdoc) or yet something i read about doing our own memory mappings.

NokDoc
04-12-2004, 11:34 AM
Hi,

Mine not runs 4MB flash.

After reread the data, it got twice a 'regular' 2MB file, not the 4MB file I put in.

NokDoc

mestrini
04-12-2004, 09:03 PM
Hi,
Mine not runs 4MB flash.

After reread the data, it got twice a 'regular' 2MB file, not the 4MB file I put in.

NokDoc

I guess i was not looking the right places. :o

I think my phone has a mirrored flash as well but due to Rolis way of dealing with with the flash files. I think it interprets the flash and then loads it into the usual places instead of uploading just the bits as they are saved in the file.

I tried same with Knok and got an error message (about hidden MCUcheck and the possibilty of an extra flash chip in the phone) and when read the flash, got a 3310 without PPM :lol: After repairing IMEI the phone starts but has no text, no menus, no icons. All i get is a STOP icon when pressing the soft button.

I can understand that rolis flashes the file in its own way and when reading a 2Mb flash as if it was a 3330 it can create a mirrored flash file (with 4Mb) but how can the memory_editor see addresses that are not there? (pic above)

mestrini
04-12-2004, 10:04 PM
as u guys must have noticed, post #1 no longer has the script.
i removed it because it wasn't giving the right result: old PPM data was still being written to original address (140000).
yak said that nokix filled the flash with FFFF's but it only happens to the added space (when increasing flash size)

So, this version (1.1) solves that by blanking the 0x8FFFF size of original PPM :-D

enjoy

mestrini
05-12-2004, 12:39 AM
This is the script's version of PPM size increase.

Works in same manner as the other but adds the extra space to the end of PPM

enjoy and post comments (if any) :D

cheers