PDA

View Full Version : what is happening with my menu !!!

ema2000
07-12-2004, 07:23 PM
hi ppl , i've this problem when i write my new menu , it seems every thing ok in nokix when i check my menu again using dump menu script there r all fine , but in my phone there's some menus disappeared
the menu counters just pass them , i've flashed a new eeprom + full sw reset
and nothing changed , there r still hidden :(

yak
07-12-2004, 07:46 PM
Items are hidden if some parameters are wrong. For example if you put "arg=stones" and you don't include stones.nrx in your processing list - the item will be hidden. Wrong parameters are listed during final processing of write_main_menu.nrx (where it is called with THE_END parameter).

Electronic79
07-12-2004, 07:50 PM
hi ppl , i've this problem when i write my new menu , it seems every thing ok in nokix when i check my menu again using dump menu script there r all fine , but in my phone there's some menus disappeared
the menu counters just pass them , i've flashed a new eeprom + full sw reset
and nothing changed , there r still hidden :(
It's a pity that you didn't say what menus are hidden, but as for me, problem is here:
I think this happened because some of your menu items is now on places, which were for special menus, like Autoanswer (6-1-5) for example. If so you will see your menu when HDC-5 or CarKit etc. is connected. For checking this use genolite to view menu structure. If everithing OK there try to change menu.txt file to prevent problem written above. Of course don't forget to activate 3315 functions.

ema2000
07-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Items are hidden if some parameters are wrong. For example if you put "arg=stones" and you don't include stones.nrx in your processing list - the item will be hidden. Wrong parameters are listed during final processing of write_main_menu.nrx (where it is called with THE_END parameter).
no at all i include every script i used in menus
the hidden menus are
1- Own number sending
2- Phone line in use
3- lights --> in phone settings
4- Fixed dialling
5- Phone line change
6- Screen saver --> tones menu

here is my project

danwood76
08-12-2004, 12:01 AM
6- Screen saver --> tones menu

This is a hidden menu ;)
If you notice that there is a rename below it
This is for when you are in profiles menu

If you get the menu header for tones and change the value

# Tones
@item title=1071 action=0x6 flags=0x40 msg=0x387
@menu dispmode=0x80 unknown=0x111804

This highlighted bit is how the menu is displayed
If you change this to 0x000000 it should display the menu in full
But this also means that rename will be permenantly displayed

You could always put your screensaver below the rename menu item

I think this is the same as most of the others
Just change that flag I highlkighted in red for each of those to 0x000000 and re-write the menu

I think this should sort it ;)
Although it has been a while since I made a menu

regards,
Danny

ema2000
08-12-2004, 07:08 PM
Mr danwood76 thaaaaaaaaaaaaank u :D , it now works like a sharm , no more hidden menus ;)
thank u man , thank u guyz

danwood76
08-12-2004, 07:17 PM
No problem ;)

regards,
Danny