PDA

View Full Version : Sim Cloning Guide

Blootoon
08-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Hi, I am currently writing a step-by-step guide on how to clone a sim card. But before I go any further... Does anyone actually want it or am I just wasting my time.

It will contain how to clone it and what to do if you run into a few problems...

Steven

Visar Mato
08-10-2002, 07:41 AM
Do it and share your experiences
Here is another guide
Maybe you will put adressses where we buy cheap programmers

GSM SIM Cloning for Dummies

Introduction

This guide will help you "clone" your GSM SIM card and make unlimited copies of it by using either Gold Wafer Cards or 16F84a + 24C16 DIL. The "cloned" SIM card will work just like the original meaning you can make a call, send an SMS, manage phonebook and SMS messages too. You can use the "cloned" SIM and the original SIM simultaneously meaning both of your SIMs will have network and both can send SMS at the same time. However, only one of the active SIMs can make a phone call at any time. Simultaneous calls are not allowed because the call will immediately be disconnected by your Network Provider. Regarding recieving SMS from other people, only one of the SIMs will recieve the message. This is a "first-come-first-serve" basis and no bias is given to the original SIM. Obviously, the bills for the "cloned" SIM will also be reflected to the bills of the original SIM. Not all phones accept "cloned" SIMs. The Nok 9210 rejects cloned SIMs as well as most new 3G phones (and even some old ones...) Not all original SIMs can be "cloned" too because "cloning" requires that you should extract the Ki and IMSI from the original SIM and today the new GSM SIM cards are built will tougher protection algorithms. You may be able to get the Ki and the IMSI, but it will take you at least 8 hours for the latest SIMs. It could even take days...

10 easy steps to 'clone' your GSM SIM ! Let us begin...
(This is only applicable to Goldwafer Cards not to Silverwafer Cards)

STEP 1 - Downloading software from the Internet
SIM Scan 1.21 by Dejan Kaljevic --> Sim Scan 1.21
TwinSim 1.0 by lotfi17 --> TwinSim.zip
IC-Prog 1.04 by Bonny Gijzen --> http://www.ic-prog.com/icprog.zip
WinPhoenix 1.06 by Paul Arnold and Joos Design --> Winphoenix.zip
WinPhoenix EEPROM Loader --> Loader.zip
HEX to BIN Converter --> Hex2bin.zip

STEP 2 - Building your own GSM SIM Reader/Writer Hardware
SIM Reader = SIM SCAN - Smart Mouse Compatible --> Schematics
SIM Writer = JDM Programmer --> Schematics
/\/\/\/\Don't have time to build this? Buy ready-made here./\/\/\/\

STEP 3 - Buying or making your own blank SIM cards
Make your own 16F84A + 24C16 DIL --> Schematics
/\/\/\/\Don't have time to build this? Buy Goldwafer cards here./\/\/\/\

STEP 4 - Getting the Ki and IMSI of the original SIM
Install Sim Scan 1.21 by running the install.bat file.
Run and configure Sim Scan from c:\sim_scan\setup.bat file.

screen 1: Press Alt+Enter Key, then select the COM port where SIM Reader is
connected. SIM Scan will not work properly unless it is maximized to full screen.

screen 2: Select baud rate (choose 9600 bps 3.57 Mhz)

screen 3: Put original SIM card to SIM Reader and press Enter

screen 4: Press 'F5' - Get IMSI and Ki. Sim Scan will automatically create par2.bin
file as part of installation. This will take about 40 minutes on a fast computer.

screen 5: Select 'F2' or 'F3' (Do not use 'F1' unless you know what you are doing.)
'F3' Retrieves 75% of SIMs even year 2001 GSM SIMs, but it is slow.
'F2' Retrieves 50% of SIMs even year 2001 GSM SIMs and it is faster.
/\/\/\/\If the Ki and IMSI cannot be retrieved using 'F2', you can switch to 'F3'/\/\/\/\

The process of getting the Ki and the IMSI from the original SIM usually takes from
4 hours to 3 days depending on the type of GSM SIM. You can exit at anytime and
you can resume whenever you want, Sim Scan will start from where you last finished.
After the Ki and the IMSI has been retrieved, a file named c:\Imsi_ki.dat will be
created and by using Notepad to open it you will see similar to screen below.

Step 5 - Creating the HEX files for the "clone" SIM
Run TwinSim 1.0 and select 'Single-Sim' then input the Ki and the
IMSI that you got from the original SIM. For 'PIN' enter any 4
digits and for 'PUC' enter any 8 digits. After inputting all data
needed, click 'Generate Picfile' and 'Generate Epromfile' then
exit the program. Two HEX files will be generated in the folder
where TwinSim is located (pic16f84.hex + eprom.hex).

Step 6 - Converting the eeprom.hex to eeprom.bin
The eeprom.hex and hex2bin.exe files must be placed on the same directory. Run hex2bin.exe
and copy the settings from the screen below. Now a new file 'eeprom.bin' will be created.

Step 7 - Burning the EEPROM Loader to the Goldwafer.
Run IC-Prog 1.04 and configure it to work with the SIM Writer which is a JDM hardware.
Choose 'Settings' --> 'Hardware' then choose correct COM port where SIM Writer
is connected.

After setting up the hardware, put the blank Goldcard to the SIM Writer and select
16F84A from the chip list.

Now load the 'Winphoenix Loader.hex' by selecting 'File' --> "Open File'.
After loading the file, click the program all button (the one with the thunder icon).

Step 8 - Burning the eeprom.bin to the Goldcard.
Put the Goldcard which you used from IC-Prog to the SIM Reader and
then run WinPhoenix 1.06. Other versions of WinPhoenix might not work
so make sure that you are using version 1.06. Configure the COM port
where the SIM reader is connected. This can be done using the
'File' --> 'Preferences' and seleting 'General' Tab.

Select 'File' --> 'Load' and choose eeprom.bin.

Select 'Card' --> 'Program' and the eeprom.bin will be written to the Golwafer's 24C16.

Step 9 - Burning the pic16f84.hex to the Goldwafer.
Put the Goldwafer to the SIM writer hardware and run IC-Prog 1.04 again.
Follow the same steps as described in Step 7, but this time load the pic16f84.hex
file instead. You can program this card with 'CP' enabled or disabled, it does not matter.

Step 10 - Testing the 'cloned' SIM to your phone.
Insert the 'cloned' SIM to your phone and enter the PIN code which you wrote earlier
using the TwinSim 1.0 program. Wait for the phone to register to the Network and now
you are done :)

Here is the link

http://users.anytimenow.com/sid67b/GSMSIM2.htm

sadom
07-01-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Visar Mato

Here is the link

http://users.anytimenow.com/sid67b/GSMSIM2.htm

link Broken :(

chuck
08-01-2003, 02:26 AM
hey ill pay someone to clone my sim, provided you dont damage it. i live in philadelphia pa, yea and im not mailing it - so its gotta be done by someone who lives near me.

2blonde
14-07-2003, 04:59 PM
I would like to know all the equipment i need and exactly what to do. I would like to clone my hubbies sim so i can see if he is still cheating on me. I just want to be able to view who is calling him and who he is calling throughout his day.

Thank-You,
Gina ;)

Any idea when this will be available?

djshadow7
26-07-2003, 01:51 AM
I would to see how it is done.!:D

slikmik
27-07-2003, 09:06 PM
would be good for new folk to the scene to have a good guide

would be appreciated if you do

regards
mike

Blootoon
28-07-2003, 03:15 PM
I kind of gave up on the sim cloning guide. But due to popular demad of a good guide, I have decided to create a new one that will explain how to clone sim cards step by step.

I will post back here when the guide is ready.

gsmsolutionsltd
28-07-2003, 03:33 PM
see here
i have added new info on sim cloning
this is the new highly quick way to clone gsm sims
disregard all other ways to clone
all comments welcome
hope this expands your minds
http://www.freewebs.com/gsminfo

:)

bobski
02-01-2004, 11:12 PM
That would be great if we had an easy step-by-step guide for basic SIM cloning. I would be very greatful for this guide!!

Can you give a link to a place to get all the equipment needed in the U.K. please?

Peace, Bobski

bobski
02-01-2004, 11:14 PM
that freewebs link is still no good. Can you post on here whaen it is up and running please?

Regards, Bobski

gsmsolutionsltd
03-01-2004, 12:26 AM
i am currently working on a new sim clone site,this will give step by step instructions.............
i hope to have it available by the end of january 2004.
it will also be zipped up for download for off line reading.....
be patient..its comming soon..............

Tracid
03-01-2004, 12:30 AM
And please explain some things:
what is ATR(answer to reset)?
how can i use ATR?
How to find out Cards manufacturers name
Its possible to extract KI from never cards(made since 2002)?
coz i dont want to damage my or someone elses card!

bobski
03-01-2004, 01:43 AM
@ gsmsolutionsltd

Sorry mate. I wasn't trying to rush you

I look forward to being enlightened and hopefully able to actually clone a SIM!! :-o

dmills3
03-01-2004, 04:08 AM
well i have a few extra tmobile USA sims, if you mess em up!! heheheh

bobski
03-01-2004, 04:58 AM
well i have a few extra tmobile USA sims, if you mess em up!! heheheh

Sorry mate, but i'm in OXFORD, ENGLAND, U.K. And i havnt actually figured the whole cloning business out yet :-?

Peace, DJ Bobski

bsvbraju
03-01-2004, 01:11 PM
instead of new sim, can we make use of old sim for cloning

gsmsolutionsltd
20-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Find attached sim clone guide,
thanks to all who members who helped and supplied info for this guide,

pp08434
14-02-2004, 06:37 AM
Hi, I am currently writing a step-by-step guide on how to clone a sim card. But before I go any further... Does anyone actually want it or am I just wasting my time.

It will contain how to clone it and what to do if you run into a few problems...

Steven

Would love to have this guide it would be very helpful to me and I am sure other would liek it as well..

rgarcia
17-02-2004, 09:28 PM

Steven

yes i would like to have this info (for educational purposes)
please let me know

peabrain
23-02-2004, 02:50 PM
Is it possible to intercept calls after cloning the sim card

egraves
24-02-2004, 08:23 AM
sweet. count me in.... where can i get blank sims?

nx2k
03-03-2004, 05:25 AM
from what i read in the introduction and i admit this is the first i've heard of cloning, it seems as though both original and cloned can be registered on the network in standby however as calls go in and go out, only one sim will be able to answer correct? so incoming calls will ring on both phones but the one who answers it first will connect to network?? would the original sim need a password to log on or only the clone?
so this would be a good idea to clone a sim if that person has an unlimited plan and don't mind you using their minutes when they're not using it right?

ephekt
27-03-2004, 12:29 PM
ok last week i sucessfully cloned my sim, here's what i did:

get a super gsm reader (serial) & simscan2.0 links to both can be found all over this forum so i'm not going to post them here. i popped open super gsm to make sure i could read imsi off card, to determine it wasn't a comp128v2 card....once i read imsi i just opened simscan2.0 up & let it crack my KI....took about 2 1/2-3hrs total time to make par2.bin & find key for KI, this was performed on an athlon 3000 w/768mb ram. I had already order some simcard8 cards from ucables(see my original post to get link)as well as a few silver & gold wafer cards....I've so far been sucessfull in using sim-emu(provided pre written on simcard8's) & writing my own cards. I'm currently working on finding a willing guinea pig to try cracking t-mobile & AT&T cards, from my understanding AT&T uses comp128 v1 , but i'm thinking since t-mobile originated in UK they may be using the newer cards. Anyone has any questions please reply...i see all those views with no replies....i wrote a little how to for my friend & i'll post that if anyone asks me

just a little quirck i found.....when using sim-emu the cloned sim always rings before the original cingular one, when i wrote my own cards this was not the case....now i'm curious as to why it does this? anyone have answer???

ephekt
27-03-2004, 12:36 PM
from what i read in the introduction and i admit this is the first i've heard of cloning, it seems as though both original and cloned can be registered on the network in standby however as calls go in and go out, only one sim will be able to answer correct? so incoming calls will ring on both phones but the one who answers it first will connect to network?? would the original sim need a password to log on or only the clone?
so this would be a good idea to clone a sim if that person has an unlimited plan and don't mind you using their minutes when they're not using it right?

to answer your question bro, i cloned mine just to not have to swap sims between phones, the only problem with sharing your plan would be if an incoming call is answered or an out going call is initiated on the original sim & the clone simultaniously, i'm not actually sure what this would do, I'm sure only one would register & the other would drop. there isn't any password that's what imsi & KI do is identify your sim on the network & to your account.....a clone is by definition an exact copy right. but im' sure your provider can see this & would probrably know what's goin on if it happened more than once or twice. My friend works for cingular as tier 3 support, they know about cloning & plan to upgrade to the newer sims soon....but they don't even have the money to finish the 1900 band roll out nation wide so it may be a while...if you plan on cloning i'd say hit up ebay & buy a few v1 cards, that way if you ever need a new sim you can get a old v1 ota'd & still be able to clone....i also suggest either buying SIMCARD8's from www.ucables.com with simemu prewritten on them or writing sim emu on your PIC cards as it's alot easier to reconfigure sim emu that write a new card

FU_Too
03-04-2004, 04:19 PM
Did I read somewhere that uk sims are more difficult to clone? I tried to scan a virgin uk sim for the ki etc numbers and halfway through scan came error now sim not usable for calls although was able to access to retrieve phone book. I used SuperSim reader for this. Is it general or just the SuperSim reader software?

djanzi
07-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Do Anybody know how to hack forexample PREPAID -simcards???
What exactly need for hack a simcard.. How About bank cards? I know it's
ILLEGAL but I wondering how things work =)

jucks
17-04-2004, 01:42 PM
does anyone have the appropriate software / drivers, so that i can use a USB sim card reader with all the software, as if it were using serial.

sadiqskarfac302
07-05-2004, 02:15 AM

Steven

if u can will write it let me know thank you

rascal
24-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Yes I would like to know how to clone a sim card.

Rascal

gsmsolutionsltd
24-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Please download my sim clone guide above for more information

sarwar_morshed
01-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Can any one send me 1 gold wafer & 1 silver wafer,'cause I can't find it over here in Bangladesh.If any one want to send then I will let him know my mailing add. :)

Dvgman
04-08-2004, 01:06 AM
Yes,I want it.

Steven

gsmsolutionsltd
04-08-2004, 02:48 PM
SEE HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
http://www.freewebs.com/simcloneinfo/

happypicses
15-08-2004, 11:12 PM
My phone was stolen and I want to know is there a way to clone my phone from home or something and do you need a device to clone your sim? Oh and do you know where I can order a used charger for an ericsson t226 or just get a charger for cheap. 8-) :-x :oops:

Alinus
16-08-2004, 09:16 AM
SEE HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
http://www.freewebs.com/simcloneinfo/

please send this document in my mail too
[email protected]

in order to upload it in articles section of this forum.

this of course if you consider it fit.

BR.
Alinus

gsmsolutionsltd
16-08-2004, 05:42 PM
@Alinus

Please check you email, i have sent it, regards

eric69
21-08-2004, 08:18 PM
hi! please i would like to have a guide on cloning sim cards, could you help me please send it to me by mail at [email protected] thx

eric69
21-08-2004, 08:21 PM
could anyone tell me if i can clone a sim on a cellphone itself without a sim card reader/writer?

aceisfurious
14-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Hi I am wondering what about the billing?after we cloned another sim if the billing is showed nd who person you called and they might trace it and caught me for clonning there simcard. and how does cloning and how to use it.

v7e6j5
30-11-2004, 05:24 AM
Hi I am wondering what about the billing?after we cloned another sim if the billing is showed nd who person you called and they might trace it and caught me for clonning there simcard. and how does cloning and how to use it.

I wonder about that myself. I have several extra brand new virgin simcards. And i would like 2 clone 1 of them 2 use with 1 of my 3650's. But will i be billed twice or what?

gsmsolutionsltd
30-11-2004, 04:04 PM
brand new virgin simcards are Comp128 V2, they CANNOT be Cloned/

v7e6j5
01-12-2004, 12:51 AM
brand new virgin simcards are Comp128 V2, they CANNOT be Cloned/

Thx u Gsmsolutionsltd! 4 answering my question, which i have been wondering 4 awhile now. :smile:

gsmsolutionsltd
01-12-2004, 06:50 PM
your welcome m8

v7e6j5
02-12-2004, 01:10 AM
Gsmsolutionsltd! I'm sorry i have 1 more question 2 ask u. The simcards r4 T-Mobile cellphones, does that make any differents @ all?

gsmsolutionsltd
02-12-2004, 03:59 PM
Gsmsolutionsltd! I'm sorry i have 1 more question 2 ask u. The simcards r4 T-Mobile cellphones, does that make any differents @ all?

No.. this would make no difference at all....

v7e6j5
03-12-2004, 12:37 AM
No.. this would make no difference at all....

OK! :-) Thx again Gsmsolutionsltd. & Happy New Year 2 ya if we don't talk by then. :D

Gokhan_Nokiaz
04-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Simple guide is here - http://www.gsmlive.co.uk/

v7e6j5
04-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Simple guide is here - http://www.gsmlive.co.uk/

Yeah! I've seen this b4. When i was doing some Internet reseach on sim cloning. Thx anyway Gokhan_Nokiaz! :-)

k1dn00b
04-10-2006, 02:46 AM
I have a samsung sgh-r225m and could use some help unlocking it. I have a usb
cable model: PCB113BBE I hope its the right one I us linux(debian) and megasux windoze:wink:. I can't seem to find the software I need. Your experince with this model would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance,

:cool: k1dn00b

Yeah! I've seen this b4. When i was doing some Internet reseach on sim cloning. Thx anyway Gokhan_Nokiaz! :-)

bobski
25-10-2006, 02:47 PM
I have a samsung sgh-r225m and could use some help unlocking it. I have a usb
cable model: PCB113BBE I hope its the right one I us linux(debian) and megasux windoze:wink:. I can't seem to find the software I need. Your experince with this model would be greatly appreciated. Thanx in advance,

:cool: k1dn00b

You're asking the question in the wrong section mate

utwo
24-11-2006, 03:44 AM
Hi guys i am new here!! Cool work.I just reading the Sim clone v0.1 cracker-x tutorial and i have my starting question:

1)Where is the Card master (i have download the cardinal68 but can't find Card master at endorasoft.esFTP) does anyone knows a specific address in FTP or any other link??

2)Sim emu (i have download the files from Public/GSM/SIM%20Emulators/SIM%20Emu/ i am ok with them??

3)If somebody don't bored to give his advices,i wll be happy to hear him ;) :D

Frozenice
21-12-2006, 12:58 PM

if you dont have the appropriate materials and gadgets as wel as the knowledge . . forget about cloning sims stuffs

04-05-2007, 04:46 AM

Steven

great info...! thnx...! :D

crocky
01-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Hi,

Is there anyone who tried this: http://ucables.com/ref/SIM-CLONE ?

It seems simple and all preconfigured....

zesky
26-06-2007, 09:46 AM
great job, i think the most important is to have such card reader and writer:)

dhanushonline
26-06-2007, 11:43 PM
How can i catch outgoing sms from sim toolkit menu? When sending sms from sim menu (like News Update, Astrology etc.), this sms is not going/saving to 'sent items' in the phone. I can't see which number to send and what message is sending. I want to know sending number and message details. Is there any way to catch/read outgoing sms from sim menu? Please help me.

pptaung
24-01-2009, 08:17 AM
hi

I want to buy sim card reader and writer (or) cloner in thailand.
Please help me that case.How it is coast?
please send pm.

dannydesil
26-11-2009, 10:17 AM
The links not working

fivajhon
30-12-2009, 02:00 PM
first and last world news,Latest news,news channel,Headlines news,Global news,Breaking news,Bollywood news,Hollywood news,Hollyween news,Current affairs,Hot topic,top news,Pakistan news:D:eek:

orson.octavius
04-02-2010, 12:43 PM
Well my company changed mobile providers and when they issued new phones they supplied a little battery powered device that copied all the contacts from one SIM to another.

goodfangji
22-02-2010, 03:20 PM
Can you make a video demonstration it. In order to facilitate better understanding.thinks

it solutions
16-07-2010, 03:33 PM
HI, dear it is happens some times that Sim does not work properly it can be with Sim scanner problem........first of all you should check the Sim holder if Sim is properly inserted than restart your phone and check it.:eek: