PDA

View Full Version : 6630 Questions

en1gm4
13-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Just a few questions I have about the 6630 for the lucky few who have them:

Can you use the same themes as the N6600?

If the 6630 you have is on UK Vodafone, were you able to change the "look" of the phone from that nasty red/white style they seem to use on everything?

Has anyone been able to use the 3G connectivity to access their POP3 email account?

yuppo
13-12-2004, 08:54 PM
Yes you can use all the same themes but the icons look different, it still uses the ones from the themes but somehow they look better.

How do you mean the look? If you mean the theme then it's built into the firmware and you can't delete it but you just change theme straight away anyhow. I you mean is it branded then yeah it has a smallish red badge on the back and vodafone in small white writing under the screen.

I've nevr had a 3g signal long enough to try anything.

en1gm4
14-12-2004, 02:47 PM
Cheers YUPPO!

Glad the themes work as I designed myself a really cool theme for my 6600 and I'd like to carry on using it.

As for the "look". Yes you are right... I just wasnt sure if the "vodafone look" was just a theme like in this picture:

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/vf/images/products/nokia_6630_dview.gif (UGLY MENU!!!!)

...or if it was the way voda have MADE the phone look... but if it's just a theme then that's great... I can change it straight away and be done with it. (phew)

tzeonn
15-12-2004, 04:43 PM
thread moved.

themes, wallpaper, tones, etc to be posted in miscellenous fun stuff ;-)

johnjapan
18-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Just to confirm, I'm accessing my mail without difficulty (though the initial setup process is complex) on the Vodafone JP 3G network. Here at least, a decent looking Nokia theme ships on the phone, so you can banish Vodafone red immediately.

nk_au
18-12-2004, 11:46 PM
I prefer the 6630 Original Icons instead of the 6600/7610 Original Icons.

I wonder how to extract them? Because when I opened the MBM file (that john74 extracted for me from his 6630) ... there were no icon files inside! :o

When I place that folder into my 7610's RSMMC in E:/system/skins ...
A new theme called "Basic Theme" is in the Themes list. And yes ... its exactly the same as 'the' Basic Theme ... :-(

dj^^
02-01-2005, 11:25 AM
another question...is that...can 6630 use a mmc instead of a rs-mmc on it's phone??

coolice00
02-01-2005, 11:28 AM
another question...is that...can 6630 use a mmc instead of a rs-mmc on it's phone??

Hey,

No, it only accepts RS MMC's as the little MMC cover has to close before it reads the card.

Also remember it has to be Dual Voltage also. Do not be mis-lead so far apart from Nokia there are no larger DV RS MMC's to buy on the market, until end of Jan early Feb.

Ian

dj^^
03-01-2005, 02:36 PM
Hey,

No, it only accepts RS MMC's as the little MMC cover has to close before it reads the card.

Also remember it has to be Dual Voltage also. Do not be mis-lead so far apart from Nokia there are no larger DV RS MMC's to buy on the market, until end of Jan early Feb.

Ian

wat u mean by no larger DV RS MMC's to buy on the market, until end of Jan early Feb.
???

superkevx
08-01-2005, 01:25 AM
meaning no other MMC's on the market other than Nokia's dvRS will work for 6630

coolice00
08-01-2005, 05:33 PM
wat u mean by no larger DV RS MMC's to buy on the market, until end of Jan early Feb.
???

Hey,

Yep, exactly right. Real marketing blooper there I think, the only let down to the phone since it's release.

"meaning no other MMC's on the market other than Nokia's dvRS will work for 6630"

I have read of others having 128mb DV rs mmc's, but they have all been trial ones and as yet cannot find any to buy.

Supposedly PreTec cards work due to complying with some new requirement, but no ones actually got one to try yet.

Read the thread here :

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31919

Worth a read.

Ian