PDA

View Full Version : nokia 8250 no reception

unixyk
17-12-2004, 05:55 AM
hi. i need some help with my 8250. it has no reception (0 bars). it's not a software problem as I have done a fade check etc etc and tried several different 8250 flash files. when i do a manual network search it usually picks up 2 providers (not all of them). if i do the network search again it will pick up different providers every time. it also takes a while to do this. about a minute.

now my question is which chip should i reheat and is a 60w soldering iron good enough to do this. what else will i need. thanks a lot :).

sergo_zmeia
17-12-2004, 02:16 PM
First U need hot air station...
than...read my guide in the main forum...there is all what U need to know..
Good luck!
sergo_zmeia

unixyk
17-12-2004, 02:35 PM
i am prepared to get a hot air station. i have read your guide and found the ccont chip and the hager chip but i don't know where the cobol is. could you show me a diagram with the location of the cobol chip. thanx

marky752000
17-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Looking at the phone, the Cobba is to the right of the Ccont, its the same size and at about the hight. both are below the Hager.

BR

Mark

unixyk
18-12-2004, 09:12 AM
thanks a lot :). btw i picked up 2 cheap 8250's from ebay. one has a microphone problem and the other has a freezing problem.

i am not sure where exactly the microphone is located but i'm guessing it's at the bottom where there is a little gap between the front and the housing. look at the atached picture

as for the freezing of the other phone i'm pretty sure that thats a software problem and can probably be solved by a new flash. can anyone confirm this.

thanks a lot guys you've been a lot of help :D.

sergo_zmeia
18-12-2004, 10:01 AM
About mic...yes is where U have marked on the picture...about freezing problem..2 solutions...
1.flash...
2.change 26Mhz clock..
Regards!
sergo_zmeia

unixyk
18-12-2004, 11:17 AM
About mic...yes is where U have marked on the picture...about freezing problem..2 solutions...
1.flash...
2.change 26Mhz clock..
Regards!
sergo_zmeia

can you describe to me where exactly the 26mhz clock is? thanks.

sergo_zmeia
18-12-2004, 11:48 AM
Put phone with elements to U...irda in Ur down right...
Now take a look on HAGAR...right from it ..U will see a metal thing with signature KYOCERA..thats the clock...
Regards!
sergo_zmeia

unixyk
18-12-2004, 01:33 PM
thanks and for my last question. this one is about the nokia with no reception.

when the fone has a sim card inside and i try to call someone it gets a no network error however when it has no sim card inside and i try to call an emergency number it works fine. i can talk and hear and it only takes a few secconds to establish the connection. which chip should i be reheating?

marky752000
20-12-2004, 06:56 PM
Well, firstly, using an emergency number to test a phone is not a very responsible thing to do.

Secondly I would try a sim card from a diffrent network, and see what happens,

mvillara
08-01-2005, 02:46 AM
Try to see if the oscilator is alright. Asure that you get a perfect sine wave of an accurace of 26Mhz exactly using an osciloscope. If this signal is not perfect, no channel can not be fixed.