josemartinezx
19-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Hello everybody.
I want to unlock a brand new Nokia 3220b cell phone purchased in Mexico, currently accepting SIM cards of Telcel.
After checking several calculators, I found Crux's NokiaFree v3.20.02 (which at the present time seems to be the most up-to-date version of that software), apparently a favorite prog among many unlockers.
When I enter the IMEI, the program pops up a yes/no window with the following message: "This seems a Nokia 3220 (RH-37). Is this correct?"
The thing is that this 3220 is *not* a RH-37, but a RH-49 (dated 01-10-04). My questions are:
1.- Is there a good chance that the code generated by this calculator will successfully unlock my phone, provided that the software version in my phone (RH-49) is different from the software version recognised by the calc (RH-37)?
2.- The calculator generates seven different codes. In many postings I have seen people recommending the ones ending with +7#; in many others I have seen people recommending the ones ending with +1#. Which one is the most likely to be the right one and why?
3.- I have read that after 5 wrong trials, phones like mine get hard locked for good, and that, when such thing happens, the only way to unlock them is by using a dongle/cable/etc. Just curious about this: What is the software and technique used to unlock a phone with a cable? Is it possible to download it from somewhere in the internet along with a HOWTO or a similar document that explains the whole unlocking process?
Thank you very much in advance for your replies.
Best regards,
-- JM.
I want to unlock a brand new Nokia 3220b cell phone purchased in Mexico, currently accepting SIM cards of Telcel.
After checking several calculators, I found Crux's NokiaFree v3.20.02 (which at the present time seems to be the most up-to-date version of that software), apparently a favorite prog among many unlockers.
When I enter the IMEI, the program pops up a yes/no window with the following message: "This seems a Nokia 3220 (RH-37). Is this correct?"
The thing is that this 3220 is *not* a RH-37, but a RH-49 (dated 01-10-04). My questions are:
1.- Is there a good chance that the code generated by this calculator will successfully unlock my phone, provided that the software version in my phone (RH-49) is different from the software version recognised by the calc (RH-37)?
2.- The calculator generates seven different codes. In many postings I have seen people recommending the ones ending with +7#; in many others I have seen people recommending the ones ending with +1#. Which one is the most likely to be the right one and why?
3.- I have read that after 5 wrong trials, phones like mine get hard locked for good, and that, when such thing happens, the only way to unlock them is by using a dongle/cable/etc. Just curious about this: What is the software and technique used to unlock a phone with a cable? Is it possible to download it from somewhere in the internet along with a HOWTO or a similar document that explains the whole unlocking process?
Thank you very much in advance for your replies.
Best regards,
-- JM.