PDA

View Full Version : How to solve " PPM Checksum failed " in 5110, 6110 & 6150 ?

mobilerocks
08-10-2002, 11:06 AM
Is there any software to solve that particular problem ? Coz, as i upgrade my phone with latest version of flash file, I get Contact Service error in all these models. So, now can anyone tell how to solve that particular problem ?

Has anyone got the same problem like me and got any solutions from it ?

komserkep
08-10-2002, 12:05 PM
before flashing your mobile, you must fix checksum errors. you can use ppm fixer & analyzer program. after correcting checksums, upload that flash file to your phone. after flashing, if your phone doesnt have signal and reboots periodically, you must use mbus faid updater program.

mobilerocks
08-10-2002, 12:15 PM
i have both these software, but i dont know how to use those software. could you just tell me how to work on those softwares ?

komserkep
08-10-2002, 02:04 PM
fist you must be sure that your flash file is original. if you modify it, run ppm splitter & fixer. click chkfix, select your flash file, click open. click on fix checksum checkbox and click calculate chk. thats it. you must see some numbers on all of checksums.(except ppm 8; if your flash file doesnt contain eeprom in its flash file, like 5110, 6110 ect) then flash your phone with this file. after that, open your phone, connect with mbus cable, run mbus faid updater. click update, select the flash file that you uploaded, click ok. thats all. and dont forget to reset factory settings. your phone is ready to use... if you can do this, please write here again.

ngayex
12-10-2002, 05:47 AM
Try PPM Manager. It works fine than other PPM fixers.:D

alucard
29-10-2002, 05:04 PM
i've tried correcting the flash file that i have modified thru ppm manager and chk fix but alas no success,

mbus
08-11-2002, 12:46 AM
Use "chkfixer" its a good crc fixer.