PDA

View Full Version : Alcatel 302 - very week signals

msu
23-12-2004, 02:10 PM
Hello,

I got my alcatel 302 unlocked (it was locked to Vodaphone UK). Before unlocking it was working fine but after unlocking its signal strength has almost vanished. It accepts sims from various operators but it hardly manage to find the operator (barely goes to single bar). I have tested it with Vodaphone, Virgin, Orange and T-mobile sims but in all cases the result is same.

An interesting thing is that during starting it shows Virgin logo (even when there is no sim).

Any clue as to how to tackle this problem?

Thanks.

alcatelit
20-01-2005, 08:23 PM
Did you unlock it yourself with the NokiaFree progam?
Can you explain how to unlock Alcatel 300. I cannot follow the NokiaFree help dialog, Select Menu "Operator" etc.
Am I just stupid? (rhetorical) :-?
Sorry but I cannot answer your problem

alcatelit
20-01-2005, 08:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can you explain how to unlock Alcatel 300. I cannot follow the NokiaFree help dialog, Select Menu "Operator" etc.
Am I just stupid? (rhetorical)

msu
27-01-2005, 02:29 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I just stupid? (rhetorical)

I got it unlocked from a shop overseas but like most shops they did not accept that it is unlocking fault...........

Alinus
04-02-2005, 09:38 AM
with old sim works ok?

msu
18-02-2005, 06:29 PM
with old sim works ok?

No. It is behaving same with old and new sims (from various UK service providers). By old I mean the sim that I used satisfactorily before unlocking the phone. I am not sure if this what you mean by "old"