PDA

View Full Version : Problem updating Nokia 7110 V5.01

---===SaTaN===---
14-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Hello,

I´m trying to update my 7110 with newer software (5.01). So I downloaded 7110_501_I.zip When I scan the flash for chk errors with rollis V4.77 it shows the next message:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
mcu software chk...............Ok
mcu ppm chk.....................Too less flash dump
Tune eeprom test................Too less flash dump
Security eeprom test...........Too less flash dump
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After updating MCU&PPM phone starts to reset automaticly, but that´s normal. Next step is connecting Mbus cable, and run faidcalc tool. When I created the log file I want to write it, but after a while the program reports: Time out.
When I use Nk_calc and press F1, the program reports: Bad connection.

Can it be my cable (how to see if it´s Mbus or Fbus or Mbus/Fbus??) When I run logomanager and choose Mbus in the options menu it runs fine, when I choose Fbus it runs fine too....

I´m I missing something, should I do some eeprom writing??

I flashed back my original V4.73 bin file now, and again the phone starts ressetting itself. So tried to write log file, but again time out or bad connection. But here it comes: when I remove the battery and turn it back on, the phone is alright!!!

Some help would be welcome...

PS. The flash files I use are all 3.62 Mb in size, should this be 4 Mb? And if so, where to find them.....

Thanx in advance

Joey

QuantumII
14-03-2002, 09:42 PM
Hi!

U have to use a MBUS ONLY cable.. The dual fbus/mbus cables does not work..

I've attatched a shceme so u can build a working m2bus cable =)

Good luck!!!!!

Yasser
14-03-2002, 09:55 PM
Hi

>>>>>>Satan<<<<<<

U need to calculate FAID after u flash phones.

You can calculate FAID by EEPROMS TOOLS which uses mbus/fbus cable or nk_calc or Rolis 1.5b. They use Mbus Only cable as Quanttum II told u.... You have to make it..very easy.

I hope this helps

Take care

BR

Yasser

QuantumII
15-03-2002, 06:51 PM
hi!

I've sucessfully updated a Nokia 7110.. It had corrupted EEPROM etc.. It was totaly dead, but Now it runs like a dream with version 5.01 with english and chinese language.

I have this equipment:

-The orginal DEJAN flasher cable
-A MBUS/FBUS cable

I used this software:
-flasher.com (orginal dejan)
-B-Phreaks EEPROM tools (mbus/fbus) (I attatched it to this message =) =) )

This is the step-by-step guide to what I did:

1.Took a backup of the whole phone 0020000 -0060000

2.Wrote the 5.01 flash file to the phone

3.Wrote the 7110 virgin eeprom to the phone (adress 005fa000)

4.Programmed the EEPROM with eeprom tools (Included in this message)
this way:

-started the EEPROM-tools (which uses mbus/fbus)
-checked the "manual" box
-typed in the IMEI
-pressed the FIX IMEI button
-Then the SP lock button
-Finally the Calculate FAID button.

5.I Then removed the battery, waited for 5 seconds, and put the battery back on.

6.The phone came on, all locks was open and it had network coverage. It now works 100%

If u follow that guide U'll have a 100% working phone

Take care =)

QuantumII

João Santos
16-03-2002, 09:26 PM
I´m sorry asking this questions but don´t we need a log calculator, or the new programs do the job?????????

QuantumII
24-03-2002, 12:33 AM
The new programs do all the work. Good luck =) I've just fixed a 3310 this way too!

Zoltrix
24-03-2002, 12:18 PM
I love this job!!!!

SubZero
15-10-2002, 02:41 PM
thanks for the quick info QuantumII,

my 7110 is now working correctly. I haven't noticed any shutdown or reboot problems after your written fixes were done. :)

thanks for everythin' :p